[2.1] Voltaxic LA by ad1ce (Talisman Rank 3)

"
xINEVITABLEx wrote:
"
Played non-Crit Voltaxic in Warbands

stopped reading after that

Oh well. Got an easy 82 for a Challenge with dumpster gear, so apparently higher than you ever could do in this game.

lol!

:>
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Oct 9, 2015, 3:14:27 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
to OP:
Is Herald of Ice really worth those investments you put into it? I mean, you could make a tree like this?
https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgIAAF4B3AMeBS0ILg2NFCAWvxmOH0EhdiP2JP0mlSoLLlMwfDH6NZI31DnUPs9DMUQNR35KfUz_TZJOKlBHUUdVS1WFWhpbr18_YeJirGVNbIxtbG87cFJ07XXLdvd343gNeWh67311fyuE2YbOh3aMNo19jX6Nv5uNnaqgn6XLqW6v67VItfK3tr02vea-p8AawQTBM8MzyPDTb9N-1CPYvdrB45_nVOpi7T_tg-4O7w7vevPq_MX-uv_eOkJLeN2oMHEFtcLstMUM8gYjVvo=

Saving 11 nodes, which you can spend for either massive bulk of life nodes, or spend 6 points for 2 jewel sockets and still spending remainings on life nodes...
I always thought Hardcore is about tankiness, not DPS... And you cant even freeze enemies with that extra cold damage, probably - it's kinda too low...

thx for posting this :) Helps a lot for me.
xINEVITABLEx
Gents, one more time:

Question: what is the maximum level of the maps you can clean comfortable in this build solo?
"
watson1337 wrote:
Gents, one more time:

Question: what is the maximum level of the maps you can clean comfortable in this build solo?

Any map level can be solo cleared even with this build and similar gear level.

I think you're more asking how efficiently can it clear compared to similar builds with similar gear levels in terms of 1) clear speed 2) survivability/not dying.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
How come you decided not to take Phase Acro?
Couple quick questions- I'm using Rats Nest instead of alphas howl right now... seems to give me more dps and better crit chance... anyone else doing that? Also what are most important gems to get quality on?

I'm lvl 78 but only have around 4k DPS with LA. Just respecced this char with voltaxic, that sound normal?
"
saxisa wrote:
Couple quick questions- I'm using Rats Nest instead of alphas howl right now... seems to give me more dps and better crit chance... anyone else doing that? Also what are most important gems to get quality on?

I'm lvl 78 but only have around 4k DPS with LA. Just respecced this char with voltaxic, that sound normal?

Can you clear level 70 maps with ease? If yes, then youre doing fine.

The point of voltaxic is that you dont get gibbed by reflect.
"

Yep pretty much. Occasionally will die to a boss but it's pretty rare.

But wait a second, the point is to not get gibbed by reflect? I thought it was to watch stuff blow up in a purple glow.
"
saxisa wrote:
"

Yep pretty much. Occasionally will die to a boss but it's pretty rare.

But wait a second, the point is to not get gibbed by reflect? I thought it was to watch stuff blow up in a purple glow.

That's the second part. You won't appreciate the power of voltaxic until you've died a few times and lost dozens of hours as a result past 90ish with your fancy physical crit bow.
"
Nephalim wrote:

That's the second part. You won't appreciate the power of voltaxic until you've died a few times and lost dozens of hours as a result past 90ish with your fancy physical crit bow.

Actually, this Voltaxis build uses the same tree as general physical bow build. The only difference is that it doesnt learn 2 physical bow damage clusters (obviously), and you gear, of course. So, you can easily "respec" you physical ranger into Voltaxis and vice versa (provided you have several spare regrets and required gear).

And properly build physical bow ranger doesnt get "insta-gibbed by reflect"... I never was.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Oct 14, 2015, 3:49:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info