I am lucky, therefore game is fine

"
RockGod wrote:
But Trade!!!!!!
The problem with games with later upon layer of RNG is that the only way to beat the system is to play an incredible number of hours to try to force a drop.

it's not a bug, it's a feature. i think i played this game for so long because it's so difficult to succeed (which includes to mostly avoid trading).

try to find out what inside you makes you feel starting poe again and again.

progression balance means the game has to be so unrewarding that you regularily want to quit and rage in the forum (i did as well) and at the same time throw a little divination card at you that brings you one little step closer to your t1 unique. and keeps you playing and playing.

age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm not particularly concerned about a 0.02% chance of somehow being wrong.
you should.
enough to not use the "there are no players..." BS argument.
you can freely use the "extremely improbable" one, but not the stronger (and false) form.
If there is a 99.98% chance it is true, labeling it false due to 0.02% doubt is beyond self-defeating.

please read my post again.
"there are no players who never dropped an Exalt" is a stronger statement than "it is nearly impossible statistically, to play for 5000 hours and not drop an Exalt".
the second statement, is your 99.98%.
the first, is 100%. hence stronger.
you can of course claim 0.02% is statistically negligible, and you do - but you can't say 0.02% is the same as 0%. in terms of reality, not statistics.

Temper explained that part, as well.

and again, all of the above is not even the point I'm trying to make.
it's taking a tiny portion from it, and making a discussion out of it to off-topic the thread.

if you wish to discuss the actual point, please read my reply to RagnarokChu and Chunda.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
vio wrote:

try to find out what inside you makes you feel starting poe again and again.

the skill tree. the gems. the endless combinations of the above, making characters that play differently. theme differently.
the lore. the non-RNG-gated content and monsters and bosses. the awesome soundtrack. the...

"
vio wrote:

progression balance means the game has to be so unrewarding that you regularly want to quit and rage in the forum (i did as well) and at the same time throw a little divination card at you that brings you one little step closer to your t1 unique. and keeps you playing and playing.

maybe. on a sub-conscious level.
but it sure as hell isn't fun in the conscious one.
at times, it feels more like torture than a game - when you beat something fkn crazy... achieve some feat... feel really proud of yourself, and then RNG just gives you the middle finger.
"
johnKeys wrote:
please read my post again.
"there are no players who never dropped an Exalt" is a stronger statement than "it is nearly impossible statistically, to play for 5000 hours and not drop an Exalt".
the second statement, is your 99.98%.
the first, is 100%. hence stronger.
you can of course claim 0.02% is statistically negligible, and you do - but you can't say 0.02% is the same as 0%. in terms of reality, not statistics.

You really can't compare the two since the first contains almost no information of any meaning.

Guy makes new account, level 1, is that statement even worth disproving in that scenario? I don't think so.

In response to John, I've told you many times that I have absolutely no luck - you actually have more 6Ls drops than me - as I have exactly 0 6L drops in my entire time playing this game :^)
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 30, 2015, 5:44:04 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

In response to John, I've told you many times that I have absolutely no luck - you actually have more 6Ls drops than me - as I have exactly 0 6L drops in my entire time playing this game :^)

which is why OP implies lucky, doing well, or both.
you're the "doing well" kind.

will you automatically dismiss any complaint or claim, made by someone who isn't doing well or lucky?
will you ridicule or disrespect such a player?

I think you won't. for reasons that at this point should be pretty obvious.

there is a huge difference between saying
"I disagree, because my personal experience is X is true while you claim it's false",
and saying
"your argument is invalid. git gud. L2P. come back and post feedback when you level 100 and played 82 maps. in Hardcore because SC doesn't count.
#Scrubs #gamersTheseDays #EverythingOnSilverPlatter".
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 30, 2015, 5:58:39 AM
I'd also argue that there are a lot of people on the forums who make claims on X when they have no knowledge of X and that's simply annoying.

For e.g. a lot of players are v. confused how players can afford to sustain 82 maps and instantly shout RMT and broken system etc, when I simply counter - picking up ilevel 83-4 items and selling them can make an exalt per map easy. Boom.

You may say - hey just tell them what's wrong. But do I really give a shit when all I hear is "TOP 10 ALWAYS RMT" "RMT TO SUSTAIN" - don't lie, you've seen this on the forums =)

Another one is - how do you afford Zana mods 12c each - ho ho ho, each map we do is worth 200c, if you don't put 12c into it you're probably retarded.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Aug 30, 2015, 6:12:55 AM
You still haven't answered my question John. If someone would post here they did not have a wisdom scroll drop in 3000h of playing you would believe them?
"
Miská wrote:
You still haven't answered my question John. If someone would post here they did not have a wisdom scroll drop in 3000h of playing you would believe them?

it's not a question of "believe" or not.
it's did or didn't, and why, and how they feel about it.

or maybe they just did a CAPS LOCK rage thread title about Wisdom Scrolls, when the truth is the thread's about a genuine problem that's ruining their fun, and they know no one in New Zealand will give a shit unless they CAPS LOCK away.

you're trying to take this to the realm of absurdity, when the truth is you know exactly what I'm talking about.
Last edited by johnKeys on Aug 30, 2015, 7:07:44 AM
I am not so sure that you can compare what i wrote there and what you write here.

Anyway my point was pretty easy. Thank god real life does not hold the same standard as you John. Nobody would do anything any longer because of the slightest odds of something happening.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info