I am lucky, therefore game is fine

Trading - is what makes PoE very enjoyable to play for me.
Why? I'll explain.

I collect currency orbs and random items through the game, and i have a choice what to do with them.
Use for myself to craft/upgrade my gear or trade and get better gear/currency in return. And since im trading with other players, it makes me to feel that game is multiplayer-based.
Compare with D3, where you just sitting on your 5kkk gold-1000gems-10000 reagents, and have nothing to do with it. It feels more like offline single-player game. You are having a lot of legendary/set items drop and at some stage of the game you just auto-salvage 98% of these drops, since you have nothing to do with it (no use for you, and cant trade or just even give for free to another player).

PoE is beatifull, i hope GGG will not do the same mistake as Blizzard, listening to all whiners on forums and completely destroyin their own game.
Last edited by Sattarqt on Aug 27, 2015, 4:49:59 AM
"
Mitsaras wrote:

I don't want to get into this whole debate about economy and shitty droprates.

You said trading is a "major aspect in every single online ARPG". Aside from ex-D3, please name a few where this is true.

"
Sattarqt wrote:
Trading - is what makes PoE very enjoyable to play for me.
Why? I'll explain.

I collect currency orbs and random items through the game, and i have a choice what to do with them.
Use for myself to craft/upgrade my gear or trade and get better gear/currency in return. And since im trading with other players, it makes me to feel that game is multiplayer-based.
Compare with D3, where you just sitting on your 5kkk gold-1000gems-10000 reagents, and have nothing to do with it. It feels more like offline single-player game. You are having a lot of legendary/set items drop and at some stage of the game you just auto-salvage 98% of these drops, since you have nothing to do with it (no use for you, and cant trade or just even give for free to another player).

PoE is beatifull, i hope GGG will not do the same mistake as Blizzard, listening to all whiners on forums and completely destroyin their own game.

As a long time self found player i can tell you that you can't craft any good items without first trading to get orbs. There is no "This or That" there is just the "That" (trade).
Granted, with low orbs you can craft some gear, 4s-5s it and link it. Master crafting also helps.
Most of the time there is no way you could craft an item cheaper than a similar one that is already out in the market.

Then you say trading make you feel the game is multiplayer based. well for me a game qualifies for multiplayer if i can PLAY it with others. Not do some kind of economy simulation.
If you enjoy the copy-paste msg from poe.trade and the t4t afterwards then have fun with it. for me that is no multiplayer interaction.

and for the "auto-salvage 98% of drops" from D3 ... what makes you think this in ANY different in POE?
Every 1-2 days i clear like 25 stash tabs of rares i find during mapping. there are only very items i consider to keep and once in while there is one that i put in a "valueable" tab.
I have 6 tabs of legendaries by now. most of them sell for way less than a chaos (if at all). legendaries i'd consider valueable would not even fill half a stash tab.
"
Jojas wrote:
"
Mitsaras wrote:

I don't want to get into this whole debate about economy and shitty droprates.

You said trading is a "major aspect in every single online ARPG". Aside from ex-D3, please name a few where this is true.

No actually i cant.

My definitions of RPG's:
-Offline ARPG: Might have online mode might not. Economy non existant or very basic.
-Online ARPG: Typical brainless grindy game with well build economy. Instanced. No open-world
-MMORPG: Open-World, trading exists but usually aint very necessary since most bosses/raids drop items every kill and there arent many rares.

On your list other than D3 none of them is online ARPG at least IN MY EYES. I cant remember last game that had a well-built economy like PoE and i havent played torchlight 2 to know what the economy was like.

So the truth is i cant name other online ARPGs with good economies and trading because they are non-existant or they are MMORPGs (some of these exist)
I haven't been particularly lucky this league, game is still fine.
IGNs - GotBrainDamageInIntro
I have no idea what happened to my thread.
but I'd like it to get back on topic, please.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
I have no idea what happened to my thread.
but I'd like it to get back on topic, please.

There is a world of difference between how you play PoE and how some other people play it. Do you:

- Run in groups?
- Turn off the sound and watch TV while grinding?
- Know all about FotM builds
- Chat while you grind?
- Have set up a shop and maintain it?
- Share masters' dailies?
- Concentrate on a few chars and sell all the rest?
- Know what there is to know about affixes?
- Have good reflexes?
- Run through maps quickly and often?
- Know your bosses, rogue exiles, etc.?
- Feel adventurous and experimental when it comes to builds?
- Look out for opportunities to break the game?
- RMT?
- Consort with people who RMT?
- Stream?
- Keep up with new uniques and balance changes?
- Keep cool under stress?
- Have lots of time?
- Try to be pro-active instead of reactive?
- Have a strong competitive streak?
- Actually enjoy the whole package?

My guess is, almost nothing of this is true for you. But all of that helps when it comes to lessen the monotony of the grind, increase survivability and dps, and eventually having "the luck".
I'd say people who do have "the luck" do way more of that than you do. Therefore, the game is fine for them. You don't want to do that, you have to live with the consequences.

And there is nothing you can do about it. Chris' most recent Q&A shows clearly that he sees GGG in a happy place. They want to get bigger and expand and whatnot, but regarding droprates and "luck" and risk/reward ratios there is not even a hint that they will take a different route.

It might just be that this is not the game for you. It's half-a-game for the likes of you, one half brilliant, the other half terrible. Maybe, if you really cannot live with the terrible half it's time to let go.
Last edited by Jojas on Aug 27, 2015, 5:23:52 PM

I dont think PoE is a perfect game. There are many annoying things and especially trading can be very annoying and can be easily improved to be used without the need of external tools. PoE's gameplay also is quite lucklaster. 90% of the classes just right click and have a reposition skill. But the reason its were it is right and has survived is its impressive ECONOMY which is better than any other game ever. [/quote]

Economy better then any game out there?
You dont play a lot of games do you?
Look at eve online now thats an economie done right poe economie is a bad joke compared to that.
It's ok to be white

“Once men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free. But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.”

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
Ya know... "luck" has a funny tendency to even out over the course of enough play time, just saying.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
jackof8lades wrote:

Economy better then any game out there?
You dont play a lot of games do you?
Look at eve online now thats an economie done right poe economie is a bad joke compared to that.

PLEX are over a billion ISK at the moment. Great economy mate :D
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info