GGG says''what are u doing here solo players''

Similar to my problems with the game currently. It boils down to the problem of designing a game with a particular playstyle in mind. Instead of simply providing a setting in which to play, GGG is doing their best to exclude players who play "wrong".

I get that... and it's been enjoyable up until 2.0 to play with the handicap of solo/sf/hc play. They've borked that balance and now it's not, and what's more, I don't think they even consider it borked.

Solo/SF play is really now such a handicap that it's no longer fun to play.
"
Demonoz wrote:
BTW... MF does NOT effect map drops at all! Nor Divination Cards to my understanding but i could be wrong on that and if i am im sure someone will correct me!

Map drops are not affected by IIQ on your gear, only by total map quantity. Div. cards are affected by IIQ from both sources.

IIR has no impact on maps or div.cards
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
I don't really do RNG. I dont even 4L my gear I pay vorici. When I make +1 elemental leveling gear I pick up 3L so I dont have to do it. I never tried to 6L have and have a dozen or so. It's just not my cup of tea. I'd rather trade for exactly what I want so maps system here is especially frustrating me. Its RNG hell.

I just dont understand why you have to RNG content. No other game I ever played is lik this. Imagine you beat lvl 34 tetris map and they roll dice and say ok back down to 24 for u. thats retarded
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 12, 2015, 3:10:36 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Imagine you beat lvl 34 tetris map and they roll dice and say ok back down to 24 for u.

but there must be a reason people play PoE instead of Tetris
What is the Matrix? - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XDNGBTsi5U
"
Hitomo wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Imagine you beat lvl 34 tetris map and they roll dice and say ok back down to 24 for u.

but there must be a reason people play PoE instead of Tetris

News flash: Many many more people are playing Tetris right now than are playing PoE.
Ya'll should read this Dev Manifesto, improvements are coming:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1389504
Has anyone done any real testing to compare drops from different rolled maps? I keep reading about the drop rate above 79 or whatever but this is the first I've seen at this low map level. Not meaning to show off or say I'm super lucky, but I haven't used an alch on a map yet and have more or less been able to sustain at least 73's. I figured the only reason it was working for me so far is that I've just been working on low level maps.

Would be interesting to see what map drops people get from decent sample sizes of white/magic/rare maps to see if there is actually a return on investment or not. From all the stuff I've read it seems we just might be better off just running white maps and hanging onto our currency.

Also will be interesting to see what happens next week and how map rarity affects the new drop rates.
I too am having this issue, I cannot sustain/get higher level maps... and it's not fun! For the record I'm mostly a solo player too(warbands).

So far in the last month I've done dozens of maps, and have only been able to do 3 level 75 maps and two 74 maps. All of which I got by accident from zana(currently level 6) missions, otherwise I'd be stuck in level 73 and lower maps.

Normally I wouldn't care, but I both want to see the new maps as well as play some of the higher ones which used to be my favorites! I probably won't be able to get full clears for the new 82 maps achievement in time for the leagues end either. :S

For me it's more fun to pick a map from stash I enjoy running at that time, for the build I play, and simply run it, than it is to hit a brick wall and be stuck in lower level maps I do not like(as it is now)!
Maps up till 80 in my opinion should not be rare at all(for softcore players like me), any map over 81 and higher should be a farming/loot game to even get and be hard to run(mostly for the hardcore/elite players). This would make everyone happy I think.
"
eqisaman wrote:
I hear this in my head after doing hundreds of maps and having 1 lv 74 map in my stash

They say 'higher lv maps drop sometimes' really ?? since 1 month im lv 90 running with

200 iir 30 iiq i've seen 1 map lv 75 dropped and maybe 3 maps lv 74 almost everything alched

many maps chiseled

1 drop does indeed qualify as "sometimes", unfortunately.
"
eqisaman wrote:
I hear this in my head after doing hundreds of maps and having 1 lv 74 map in my stash

They say 'higher lv maps drop sometimes' really ?? since 1 month im lv 90 running with

200 iir 30 iiq i've seen 1 map lv 75 dropped and maybe 3 maps lv 74 almost everything alched

many maps chiseled

Are you killing the boss every time?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info