[2.0] Boxsalesman SpinToWin Cyclone - Easy to gear - Does ANY map mod

I first noticed your build while checking boss videos for my incinerate character (great videos by the way), and decided to try it out myself. Really liking it so far, great dps and survivability, clear speed even higher than on my incinerator which is a pretty strong feat.

I took the cleaving node myself recently, located near slaughter (the axe nodes), but I noticed you didn't. Did I overrate it, is it not worth grabbing? I'm also wondering how much of a boost the vengeance + LGoH is for your defense as I haven't gotten around to use it just yet.

Cheers for sharing the build, I've had great fun so far!

Edit:
What do you make of the rampart passive? Do you think it'd be worth it with cyclone since one can have fortify up easily?
Last edited by Ballista on Aug 29, 2015, 6:37:29 PM
I've been having a hard time finding a build that I like and it's costing me a lot of money. Is there anyway I can get some one on one advice with what I already have in game and see if you can give me some insight on where I should go next? I do like this build. Thanks :)
Maybe a dumb newbie question, but is the build Atziri capable?
Have to say I'm LOVING this build. Had a Cycloner built along the lines of another guide from the forums, and kinda didn't like how it was playing so it's just been sitting at the beginning of A4M. Was able to respec towards this build (out of some damage stuff, into + life regen) and am running the core gem setup (although missing lots of sockets, and I don't even have the CWDT at all).

You know what? It's still facerolling. I can kill the 100 Foot Shadow in Aqueducts in like 6 seconds (Current @ 7,200 TT DPS on Cyclone). Health hardly ever goes below full.
Hey, heres an update of my toon

I upgraded alot of gear and spent 50 ex on a disfavour, definitely worth it, the AoE is awesome and is actually a huge defensive buff while also being a clear speed and offensive buff

Gear
Spoiler
(4th flask is a quicksilver with anti freeze, great for the chilled ground maps)

I have found this CWDT setup to be the most effective. Remove chaos golem in chain maps and molten shell in ele reflect maps as if it goes off in a big pack it can really hurt even with 75 res + fortify up, that lets you add 2 red gems to your vengeance, eg melee phys and added fire for more life leech
Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQd1CZYLYQxfDjwS4RNMFCAUTRRxF-EYkRo4HKchVSb4JyAnLyz7LdIwdzWSOQ46UjrhPAU8LT38QKBGt0d-TeNOMlBHU6VXVFhjWfNZ_l4TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5to8nKpdO12rHh6eu97dHuMfNmCB4Nfg8yE2YTvhmCHaooiirOMz5BVkc6S0JOol3mfPqIAouqmV6knqZSsqq2Nrj6uUK9stz677byfvTa-p8BmwKbBo8RYxPbGrsbYz37Tb9i92XzcPeJh5FHqGO8O707vfPAf8kHyRfZI9zL46_xL_gr-jw==

I love how efficient the tree is for this build, axes are just objectively better then swords or maces for cyclone. Once I hit 96 I will drop the 16% phys node and pickup another 2 point jewel slot. Then aim for By The Blade for 8 % ias and 24% phys for a good dps boost.
Life will be 7.5k with the extra jewel and level as im sitting at 7350 now

Dps with just auras up is 24k, buffed with inc AoE it goes to 32k. If i use conc effect it goes up ALOT.
I like inc aoe much more then added fire, you only need one spin through any pack to kill them unless they are blue golems in a 78+ map etc plus it lets you easily swap out for conc effect vs high hp bosses though I rarely do it as there is little need playing solo. It especially helps to have inc aoe vs bosses like malformation piety as you can just dps her while she is beaming making the fight quite simple (unless she is walled then leap slam is needed every now and then)

Never had so much fun with a build, it is just solid all round, i tried dual wield reave with a 370 dps crit claw and legacy lightning coil and it just doesnt come close to the survivability this build can have

I did poorjoy's today and was spinning through huge packs with no problems, just keep 7 end charges up and use an anti curse granite flask, even with no end charges and cursed with vulnerability the boss was no threat, all the monsters are stunned and chilled before they come near you, very safe indeed.

Weapon upgrade is always most important because dps = survivability in most cases

If the map I'm running is particularly hard I swap out melee phys for life on hit, this is important on hard reflect maps, it drops my dps to 16k unbuffed which is still plenty and I dont really notice a clear speed difference, only on the map boss

These are the things I've died too at level 95 please learn from my dumbness!!!

76 gorge map, monsters added cold damage, inc monster damage, all rares have nemesis, shocking ground

full life, 7 end charges fortify up. 2 rare golems both with volatile XXXX blood, i was standing on shocked ground and killed both exactly at the same time which one shot me, i got cocky I knew one of them was voltile blood, i knew i was on shocked ground i should have played it safe...

2 times to bearers of frost/fire packs, I had never played bloodlines so i was unprepared the first time in a 71 map haha, the second time they were tar spreading zombies in a temp chains map and i was dumb enough to forget i had leap slam, they each took about 10% of my hp per bomb and i was mashing potions, after that i upgraded my potions to quicker healing and leap slam away from any blue pack i kill just to make sure

One time to the first malformation piety i fought who spawned against a wall (awesome luck!!), i only had fought act 4 piety once so was inexperienced and i should have practiced a bit before attempting, it was an extra monster damage map and i didn't keep my end charges up properly, i also forgot to leap slam over her beam, i tried to portal out after the first time it hit me and was about 0.1 seconds too late >< now she is easy and actually alot of fun just like map dominus is fun now but used to be scary as hell

If anyone wants to map with me 76+, on AUS server let me know!
I just used many regrets to change what was to your "Spin To Win" build.

No complaints, but I could use some advice with what to keep and change.

My gloves - boots - helm & weapon are set up very close to what your build has but my chest only has 5 sockets and I need advice what gems would you recommend:

Vengence - Life gain on hit - end charge on stun

or Flame Golem

or what

Gear:

build:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwEABLMFLQd1CZYLYQxfDjwRGhLhFCAUcRiRGjgcpyFVJyAnLyz7LdIwdzkOOlI8BTwtPfxAoEa3R35QR1OlValXVFhjWfNZ_l4TXz9hIWFSZFJlTWWnZ5toZWjyagFyqXNrdqx4enrve3R82YIHg1-DzITZhO-GYIdqiiKQVZHOktCTqJd5l7SfPqIAouqpJ6mUrKqtja4-rlCvbLc-u-28n702vqfAZsCmwaPEWMT2xq7G2M9-02_Yvdl83D3iYeRR6hjvDu9O73zwH_Pd9kj3Mvjr_Ev-Cg==

I'm thinking we have 6 end charges available and with leap slam as well as enduring cry, I may not need to carry -- Vengence and the supporting gems with it. Maybe a phase run with blood magic is a thought.

Any suggestions would be welcome - I am currently sitting at 5k hit points and damage is not an issue

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

USMC - Vietnam 1967 - 1968 - 1969
Last edited by Ishkabibble on Aug 30, 2015, 12:28:24 PM
"
magier556 wrote:
"
sushibagel wrote:
Thanks for the build guide man. Took it to lvl 81 in tempest. Died to a corrupting blood Reverant...

Very fun build to do on a budget.

Yeah, always have the bleed flask ready, at really lategame gear I've actually started being able to outleech the corrupting bleed effects at 20 stacks, but once the mob dies and I have nothing left to leech, I need to remove my bleed with the flask.

Yeah, I had one! just 20 stacked myself and was dead before I even realized it was corrupting blood
"
Zevras7 wrote:
Maybe a dumb newbie question, but is the build Atziri capable?

I too would like to know!
ofcourse its atziri capable... uber too if you have the good gear 6 link disfavour leg kaoms etc

Use inc aoe instead of weapon ele damage it is a big clear speed boost, it also lets u swap out to conc effect for hard boss fights which almost doubles your dps

vengeance should be linked to life leech not lgoh because the aoe is small but the damage is high

it is mainly handy for when you get stuck on a rock or something in a big pack and it goes off helping you not die

immortal call is not needed, IMO 7 end charges (8 with corrupted doryanis) is much better as it stacks with fortify, molten shell, enfeeble and the rest of your armour (also AA while standing still, aka getting stuck on something while cycloning)

How is going reflects and no hp / mp maps?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info