[2.0] Boxsalesman SpinToWin Cyclone - Easy to gear - Does ANY map mod

Heya, love the build and going strong at level 50 at the moment. Quick question tho. If you were going to use something other than Arctic Armor what would you use?
great guide!

Also love your Map Videos, they are really helpful! I hope you will do some more videos :)
"
Binadas wrote:
Heya, love the build and going strong at level 50 at the moment. Quick question tho. If you were going to use something other than Arctic Armor what would you use?

The problem is that the only other auras that reserve only 25% mana are the Heralds, so your options are either Herald of Ice or Herald of Thunder, both of which are offensive rather than defensive. I don't know which is preferable, but I just wanted to point out that there is unfortunately no defensive alternative to Arctic Armour for 25% mana.
"
Ladamar wrote:
"
Binadas wrote:

The problem is that the only other auras that reserve only 25% mana are the Heralds, so your options are either Herald of Ice or Herald of Thunder, both of which are offensive rather than defensive. I don't know which is preferable, but I just wanted to point out that there is unfortunately no defensive alternative to Arctic Armour for 25% mana.

Some people like to run hatred instead of herald of ash + arctic armour, but I'm really not a fan of that.

Dropping herald of ash for hatred is a slight dps loss, while gaining a bit of movement speed and losing arctic armour, I really don't see 9% movement speed being worth a small dps loss + the loss of arctic armour.

And as Ladamar is saying, the only other 25% options are the other heralds, but they are pretty bad for physical builds, they barely add any damage, just stick with arctic armour.
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

Last edited by magier556 on Aug 15, 2015, 4:16:39 AM
Hi, I m new to PoE, so I might be wrong, but arctic armour seems not to work with this build. It says in description, that dmg taken is reduced while stationary, but we keep moving all the time.

"
Klajd wrote:
Hi, I m new to PoE, so I might be wrong, but arctic armour seems not to work with this build. It says in description, that dmg taken is reduced while stationary, but we keep moving all the time.

There is two parts to the aura, there is the chilled ground dropped while moving, which is the reason we take it. It's very potent on boss fights.

hi - i have played melee for a long time, so 2h cyclone has been very fun for me, as cyclone is just too good offense & defense.

i too share a similar build path as etup, and have changed it up for my own wants and needs. i prefer my build over yours, as i don't find the extra life regen from some of the passives you pick worthwhile as cyclone downtime in maps is already so low, and boss kill are not too difficult when played right.

i find there is no one "right build" but rather how you enjoy to play, so i only mention my build as a comparison.

stat-wise, i am unsure if the leech & regen in your build is worth the additional armour. however, i do pick up extra chaos resist in my gear that make the -degen from blood rage not as impacting. i also manual vast my immortal call, as I prefer the innate tankiness gained through endurance charge which synergizes with soul of steel, which imo is a hugely underrated notable.

nice build that should be a good direction for players wanting to spin2win.
"
anicocia wrote:
hi - i have played melee for a long time, so 2h cyclone has been very fun for me, as cyclone is just too good offense & defense.

i too share a similar build path as etup, and have changed it up for my own wants and needs. i prefer my build over yours, as i don't find the extra life regen from some of the passives you pick worthwhile as cyclone downtime in maps is already so low, and boss kill are not too difficult when played right.

i find there is no one "right build" but rather how you enjoy to play, so i only mention my build as a comparison.

stat-wise, i am unsure if the leech & regen in your build is worth the additional armour. however, i do pick up extra chaos resist in my gear that make the -degen from blood rage not as impacting. i also manual vast my immortal call, as I prefer the innate tankiness gained through endurance charge which synergizes with soul of steel, which imo is a hugely underrated notable.

nice build that should be a good direction for players wanting to spin2win.

Just one thing to add, blood rage is a phys damage degen as off patch 2.0, things like endurance charge and chaos golem buff help reduce it, but armour won't work on degens.

atziri viable ?
What do you think about dropping the three life 'nubs' by Juggernaut, Barbarism, and Devotion for the jewel slot near Unyielding?

If there's life on the jewel (and there should be):

Losing: 14% life, +3% resists, 8% armour
Gaining: 7% life (jewel), attack speed / damaga, 16% armour

(I don't think I'd take the 4% life / 3% resists node as long as there was a better life node available anyway)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info