[2.0] Boxsalesman SpinToWin Cyclone - Easy to gear - Does ANY map mod

"
magier556 wrote:
"
DutchRudder wrote:
What do you think about dropping WeD for Hypothermia? Your using AA and hatred so your chilling everything and it is a more multiplier over ALL your damage not just your elemental damage. Keeping in mind physical damage is always priority because of monster resists and life leech.

Your opinion?

I noticed the build's damage is pretty damn high, which causes most of the monsters to die before you actually cross over them to drop the chilled ground, it would definitely be better on boss fights though, but it might nerf the overall clear speed, exspecially once you start just destroying the big packs in maps with a 20% quality cyclone and + weapon range, the chilled ground range is much smaller than the cyclone range, making many things die before they get chilled. I'd personally take WED/FA/Hypothermia as interchangeable, each with their own strengths and weaknesses.

Hypo is the biggest dmg increase, but has a limiter condition that will usually only apply on tanky mobs and the boss. It also applies to all damage types, including physical.

WED is the biggest dmg increase of the "non limiters", but is more ele based and therefor less leech and can have more issues with resists.

FA is the smallest dmg increase but applies to all damage types, including physical.

After testing with faster attacks 19/20 I found I like it more then hypothermia, I didn't realise cyclone was so much more dependant on attack speed now compared to when it didnt have a minimum movement distance, it feels strong.

These are now my current links:
Spoiler

With this axe my unbuffed dps is 15.5k at level 95
Spoiler

If you add in atziri flask, 3 frenzy charges, onslaught and unholy might (from jewel) the damage goes crazy, adding conc effect for bosses nearly doubles my tooltip dps

I thought about going BM in the tree for the extra 35% life, but if I wanted to keep a similar damage output I would have to drop 4 life nodes 4/4/5/5 so it would only turn out to be 17% extra life which is still significant but the deciding factor for me is that AA can chill bosses which is very strong even though I would like to free up a few gem slots.

The most fun ive had with any build in PoE so far!
This build is absolutely wrecking while leveling. I'm playing self-found (though this is my 3rd char in merciless) and have had no problem facerolling mostly everything.

I've just now post-60 taken the axe damage nodes to the left of marauder start and haven't touched the two-hand nodes at the bottom of the tree and my damage is still amazing with Koam's Primacy. I just moved to a 5-link, but even before then damage was never a problem. I've got almost 4k life in Act 3 and will likely have ~4200 when I kill Dom in a couple levels. The leech isn't amazing yet but I anticipate that as my damage and life pool grow (and I add more gear with leech rolls) there won't be any problems.

Thanks again!
"
meep_42 wrote:
This build is absolutely wrecking while leveling. I'm playing self-found (though this is my 3rd char in merciless) and have had no problem facerolling mostly everything.

I've just now post-60 taken the axe damage nodes to the left of marauder start and haven't touched the two-hand nodes at the bottom of the tree and my damage is still amazing with Koam's Primacy. I just moved to a 5-link, but even before then damage was never a problem. I've got almost 4k life in Act 3 and will likely have ~4200 when I kill Dom in a couple levels. The leech isn't amazing yet but I anticipate that as my damage and life pool grow (and I add more gear with leech rolls) there won't be any problems.

Thanks again!

Yeah, it's one of those builds that do great both while leveling and at endgame, cyclone is just all around in a strong position right now, glad you like it.
IGN : boxxboxx ( Domination )
http://www.youtube.com/user/Boxsalesman?feature=mhee

bump

Hey man just wanted to say awesome build :D!. Im currently level 72 and heres my gear:

Spoiler

What can i improve? Ive got around 1.5 exalts saved up so i think im ready to upgrade some gear. im at 3.9k hp, 3.9k armour and max resists in merc. My damage isnt that high right now im sitting at 7.2k tool tip cyclone. and 12k with frenzy and auras.

Seem to be taking quite a bit of damage from mobs but luckily i have life leech so i survive. Im in tempest and want to get some upgrades on gear before i start mapping.
"
asbo96 wrote:
Hey man just wanted to say awesome build :D!. Im currently level 72 and heres my gear:

Spoiler

What can i improve? Ive got around 1.5 exalts saved up so i think im ready to upgrade some gear. im at 3.9k hp, 3.9k armour and max resists in merc. My damage isnt that high right now im sitting at 7.2k tool tip cyclone. and 12k with frenzy and auras.

Seem to be taking quite a bit of damage from mobs but luckily i have life leech so i survive. Im in tempest and want to get some upgrades on gear before i start mapping.

72 and still in Merc? Have you just been farming act4?

Act 4 mobs seem to do quite a bit of damage probably more than in many maps. I'm currently doing this build and level 79 running maps up to about 72 (when they drop) you gear is about equivalent to mine, you can probably use a bit more armour though.

You however didn't link your flasks and amulet. Are you using a granite that will probably help a bit.
"
sushibagel wrote:
"
asbo96 wrote:

Spoiler

Act 4 mobs seem to do quite a bit of damage probably more than in many maps. I'm currently doing this build and level 79 running maps up to about 72 (when they drop) you gear is about equivalent to mine, you can probably use a bit more armour though.

You however didn't link your flasks and amulet. Are you using a granite that will probably help a bit.

Doesnt matter anymore xD i died at level 75 to the promedes boss. So im looking for a new build :/
"
asbo96 wrote:
"
sushibagel wrote:
"
asbo96 wrote:

Spoiler

Doesnt matter anymore xD i died at level 75 to the promedes boss. So im looking for a new build :/

Promenade boss can't possibly kill you if you do it right though, if you want tips on any boss, just check the patch of exile wiki and click the boss video there (8

Thanks for the build guide man. Took it to lvl 81 in tempest. Died to a corrupting blood Reverant...

Very fun build to do on a budget.
"
sushibagel wrote:
Thanks for the build guide man. Took it to lvl 81 in tempest. Died to a corrupting blood Reverant...

Very fun build to do on a budget.

Yeah, always have the bleed flask ready, at really lategame gear I've actually started being able to outleech the corrupting bleed effects at 20 stacks, but once the mob dies and I have nothing left to leech, I need to remove my bleed with the flask.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info