[2.2] Poor Mans Guide to Bows - 114K DPS and Atziri on a 5L

Hello, I recently made a build quite similar to this one with just a couple key differences. I went for the arrow penetration nodes and I put a little more emphasis on critical strike multiplier nodes. I was wondering if you could take a quick look at this and tell me if there is any pathing issues or key nodes I missed. I tried to be as efficient as possible but any advice would be much appreciated.

Current Build

Edit: On second glance this is really close to your tree lol, I think it's probably just personal preference. Are the penetration and critical multiplier nodes not worth it in your opinion?
Last edited by Anexx on Dec 15, 2015, 11:34:06 PM
How viable is this build in HC? Any thoughts on the Voltaxic Rift bow?
"
Any thoughts on the Voltaxic Rift bow?

It's much stronger than in was in 2.0
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 17, 2015, 5:09:51 PM
Great info - my best char so far- thanks so much
Saving for later
Supporter since closed beta
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

I am currently using a Voltaxic Rift. One actually dropped for me when I was fooling about with my blade vortex cast on crit character. I instally re-rolled and am having a tone of fun.

Do I post a seperate build or just add it to this guide?
Hello! Great bulid. Im enjoying it so far. But I have one question. You said that you are using jewels, but your skill tree you dont have any jewel sockets in your passive tree. So I guess that it is up to me when to take jewel socket?
"
1Agrest wrote:
Hello! Great bulid. Im enjoying it so far. But I have one question. You said that you are using jewels, but your skill tree you dont have any jewel sockets in your passive tree. So I guess that it is up to me when to take jewel socket?

This depends on what you are trying to do. If you are running chain, you may not want to take any jewel sockets.

If you are running pierce then you may want to take a jewel socket for Poachers Aim jewel.

I personally found the cheapest and easiest way was not to run many jewels if any. But if you can get high damage jewels then it is potentially worthwhile taking them.
"
AngryCustard wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"

I am currently using a Voltaxic Rift. One actually dropped for me when I was fooling about with my blade vortex cast on crit character. I instally re-rolled and am having a tone of fun.

Do I post a seperate build or just add it to this guide?

add it to the guiide :)
Loving this build !

Been having trouble finding pieces for cheap builds, but I managed to get a hold of pieces for this one.

I'm using a Rats nest and unfortunately I do not own the boots you have that give such a big bonus to phys and proj damage.

But it is still kicking ass !

I did a small test run at docks merciless and I 1 shot every pack even though my dps numbers are no where close to yours.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info