[2.0] KuteKitteh's Insanely Tanky Incinerate V2 - AA/MoM/LC/Armor, safe & easy mapping!

Edit for 2.1: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386405/page/14

If you got any questions or comments, feel free to, well, ask and comment. Duh.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TANK, TANK, TANKTANKTANK TANK, ERRBODY - KuteKitteh the derpcat

Certified Tanky under Kitteh's Tank One For Science™ program. I did not buff my defenses in any way (flasks, molten shell, etc) except by disabling clarity for a couple hundred extra mana.

Table of Contents

Post 1 - Main build thread
1.0 - KuteKitteh's letter to readers
1.1 - Videos
1.2 - Build features
1.3 - Build Variants
1.4 - Personal stats
1.5 - Tree
1.6 - Gems
1.7 - Gear

Post 2 - Bonus information!
2.0 - The Theory behind this build
2.1 - Converting from V1 to V2
2.2 - Reflect
2.3 - Clearspeed & DPS
2.4 - Damage taken gained as mana when hit
2.5 - Legacy Coil vs Lightning Coil vs Cloak of Flame
2.6 - *Bonus section! Protips: Staying Alive & More*

Post 3
3.0 - User Testimonials

1.0 - KuteKitteh’s letter to readers

Hey guys, what’s up. It’s Kitteh time.

In all seriousness, I’m here to bring you a sensible, practical build. I’m not going to trick you into playing my build with a bunch of bogus stats from guzzling a bunch of granite flasks, Atziri’s promises, and whatnots. I won’t shove absurd DPS values in your face that’ll get you nuked on reflect. I’m not going to make you do a crazy button smash dance and sustain charges to keep your defense/offense up (and lose just as much DPS time in the process). It’s all about getting just enough DPS to clear maps in ~4-5 minutes and following it up with formidable defenses to help with those rippy map mods and tough bosses.

You might look at my gear and say, “Hey that’s unfair, you’re using item X! I’ll never be able to afford/obtain it!” That’s totally true: that’s why I’ll even deliberately handicap myself to show you what I can do on a tight budget.

1.1 - Videos

Highlights

Facetanking double Colonnade bosses
Why was I using GMP? No idea. I think it was to test the lower reflect damage.

Level 79 Arsenal map part 1, part 2
After having run so many rippy 77s and 78s, I finally got my hands on a 79. It dropped me a Soultaker, a 78, 2 77s, and a 76. Yeeesssshhhhhh.

Necropolis Merveil boss, Temp Chain map

Boss compilation
Spoiler
This section is just to demonstrate the versatility of the build against all bosses.

Facetanking Malachai
I didn’t move out of the way of many of his attacks because I wanted to demonstrate the durability of the build. The emerging explosion hurts. A lot.

Torture Chamber boss + Rogue in a -maxres map
Relevant mods: Enfeeble, minus 8% max res. Modifications made to the build: Swapped armor shield for Saffell, turned AA off, swapped LMP for Faster Projectiles, swapped Ruby flask for Topaz, and set golem on self-cast.

Jungle Valley boss

Crematorium boss

Orchard Boss
I expected him to hit much harder, like 6k base damage harder. In hindsight I really could have just done a full facetank.

Double Precinct bosses
Modifications to the build: Used a warding Topaz flask.

Map Mod compilation
Spoiler
No regen + Vuln map

No-regen map
I encounter 2 reflect rares in the first 50 seconds, so this is a better-than-great example of how well the build deals with reflect, considering the lack of regen. Played on the safe side, no lightning warping around. In hindsight, that wasn't really a necessary precaution.

Reflect + Temporal Chains map

Wastepool, Beyond map
Chaos degen everywhere? Corrupting blood and lightning thorns? No problem. Oh yea, let me just tank this ice nova strongbox at 1:30.
Modifications to the build: Fire penetration was swapped out for Life Leech, shield was swapped out for Saffell’s Frame, Elreon ring was swapped out for resistance + life ring.

Cloak of Flame
Spoiler
Unarmed & 4L Cloak of Flame vs Colonnade boss

4L Cloak of Flame versus lvl73 Desert boss
I decided to run a 4L CoF on the next Zana. Turned out to be kinda boring, tbh. Used a gold elreon ring for the lols.

1.2 - Build features
-MoM + Armor + AA + Lightning Coil OR Cloak of Flame
-5k life, 1k free mana
-Easy to cap resists even with Lightning Coil
-Resistant to reflect and lightning thorns
-Able to do most map mods
-Everything is linked to CWDT for ultimate laziness

1.3 - Build Variants
Spoiler
This part is important because everyone has different gear available to them.

Primary variant
Chest: Lightning Coil 5L
Weapon: Doryani OR fire leech wand/scepter
Notes: This is the primary setup that this post will be centered around. It’s the tankiest setup out of all of them, with adequate DPS to conquer most content.

Budget variant
Chest: Cloak of Flame 5L
Weapon: fire leech wand/scepter
Notes: Because a CoF comes with much more resistance than a LC, this variant is incredibly easy to cap out on resists. Therefore, it is very, very budget-friendly. If you choose this route, get your hands on an Atziri’s Promise asap. It will help a ton with DPS and survivability.

Pledge + Cloak variant
Chest: Cloak of Flame (any link)
Weapon: Pleb of hands 5L
Notes: The lack of a shield slot (and the resistances from a shield) is offset by the use of a CoF. This variant has the lowest HP, although the massive mana pool from using Pledge enables the user to pick up fewer mana nodes and the lack of a shield allows the user to skip Sanctuary.

Pledge + Coil variant
Chest: Lightning Coil (any link)
Weapon: Pleb of Hands 5L
Notes: Not only is this the most expensive setup, it’s also a serious challenge, gear-wise. The lack of resists from a shield, the inability to take Sanctuary, and the minus resistances from LC makes this a challenging setup to accomplish. It has more DPS than the primary setup (obviously) and superior mana sustain with a virtually bottomless mana pool at the cost of a shield slot.

Bonus: Dirt poor variant, costs 1c minimum
Chest: Cloak of Flame 4l
Weapon: None
Notes: This is just here for the lolz (because really, everyone can afford a white wand at the very least). I tested a Colonnade runthrough with this setup, and it worked just fine. Of course, any weapon would have helped, but that’s besides the point.

1.4 - Personal stats
Spoiler
This is a meaningless section, but here you go anyways.

These are my stats as-is during maps, and I have included the whole picture so you can see what buffs I have and don't have enabled. I have not included Molten Shell, Granite, Resistance flasks, Atziri's Promise, etc. because that would be shoving bogus stats in your face.

1.5 - Tree + Jewels

Bandits:
Normal: Oak
Cruel: Alira
Merciless: Point

70-point core tree

110-point tree for Lightning Coil
This is the optimal tree which will allow you to comfortably overcap your resistances and tank stuff. It provides a whopping +45% to all res as well as access to up to 4 jewel slots (at 112 pts). As usual, take more damage if you want more damage and take more life if you want more life.

108-point tree for Cloak of Flame variant
If you want to use the pledge-cloak variant for some bizarre reason, drop some mana nodes and pick up some extra health or damage.

111-point tree for Lightning Coil + Pledge variant
The obvious being that Sentinel is completely optional if you’re very well capped on resists without it.

Extra notes:
1. Feel free to take those +30 dex nodes. There’s no shame in taking them.
2. If you want extra deeps, take the Templar spell/elemental nodes.
3. If you want extra defense, fill the scion wheel.

Templar or Witch?

Doing a Templar start has the following effects:
-5% Mana regen
-9 int (equates to -4.5 mana)
-2% spell damage

+9 str (equates to +4.5 life)
+14 life
+14 mana

Frankly, the templar start is a bit better. But witch is much more humorous.

Jewels

The build has up to 4 jewel slots within easy reach - I would personally go for about 3 of them. You want to get anything that increases the damage or cast speed of fire spell projectile damage while using a shield.

Life and mana aren't really necessary.

If you're curious as to what jewels I'm using:

They're not that great, but they work. I'm very, very overcapped on lightning/fire resistances because those matter the most to this build!

1.6 - Gems

Note: You can look at the gems in the "Gear" section for a more visual representation of the links and gem levels employed.

Incinerate
4L: Incinerate + Spell Echo + LMP + Fire Pen
5L: Faster Projectiles OR Faster Casting (only if you have Q20 incinerate)
6L: Life Leech, Faster Projectiles, or Faster Casting

Lightning Warp
Lightning Warp + Less Duration + Faster Casting

Auras
AA + Clarity + Enlighten (+ Flame Golem)
Enlighten is totally optional. I go from 990 to 1045 free mana with a lvl3 enlighten, which is 5.6% more mana, so it won't make or break the build by any means. In addition to having the flame golem on a CWDT, I have one on self-cast.

Level 1 CWDT
CWDT + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Enfeeble OR Warlord's mark
Enfeeble lets you take less damage, WM lets you recover better. WM is a very powerful anti-reflect mechanism, while enfeeble gives you better durability against hard hitters. I went with Enfeeble, but it's a matter of personal preference.

Max-level CWDT
CWDT + Molten Shell + Flame Golem OR Chaos Golem
Flame Golem for extra DPS, Chaos Golem for some extra tank. I recommend Flame Golem if your armor is under 30% mitigation anyways. I linked my golem to CWDT so I don't have to even think about resummoning him. You don't have to link him, but resummoning is a bit tedious. For some bosses, being able to self-cast is necessary though, so be ready to pop that CWDT off or run a dual-golem setup like me. Molten Shell won't be doing that much for you - it'll explode on melee mobs and give you a few thousand extra armor against smashers, but that's about it. The uptime is very low because of the low duration and the high CWDT threshold, so I don't consider it to be a "main" part of the build.

Level 1 CWDT
CWDT + Arctic Breath + (Pick two out of three): Tempest Shield, GMP, Blood Rage
If you want the practical setup, use AB + GMP + TS. I went full lazy mode and put TS + BR on the CWDT, so my AB isn't GMP'd but that isn't a huge issue since I really only need it against those single hard-hitting bosses. Blood Rage trades 4% life regen for a couple thousand extra TT DPS via Frenzy charges. When fighting bosses that don't spawn minions for you to fuel the Frenzy charges with, take out BR for a free 4% life regen. It's a win-win either way. Tempest Shield is a free +3% block, which acts as a very modest 1.04x multiplier to our eHP pool. If you use a Lioneye's or an equivalent 30% block shield, you'll be sporting some 36% block, which is frankly noticeable. Plus, it's another special effect to make your character glow, and the arc effect is very cool. I guess I'm using TS for the looks more than for the defense, am I?

Notes about Golems

In end-game maps, your meatshiel-err, I mean, golems will get shredded. Some bosses will wreck them faster than the cooldown on the ability, and you will want to be able to self-cast a golem. My current solution is as follows:

Self-casting Fire Golem
Max-level CWDT setup has Chaos Golem

Therefore, I've got two different cooldowns running. When I'm clearing trash mobs, I'll activate Flame Golem for the DPS boost. When I take heavy burst damage, the Chaos Golem, a.k.a. the superior meatshield, will pop up. And for bosses for which I need to resummon the golems fast, the CWDT will make sure that the Chaos Golem is up, and I can self-cast the Flame Golem when the Chaos Golem's cooldown is still ticking.

This setup, however, is only necessary if you're a wreckless and careless player like me who likes to run end-game maps with rippy mods. Some will prefer to just have self-cast golem, while others will prefer the self cast + CWDT Flame Golem alone. Feel free to experiment with your meatshield and find the solution that works best for you.

1.7 - Gear
Spoiler
Helmet

Make sure to get a 10% roll, and as much mana as possible. HOWEVER: if you have a choice between 10% and low flat mana versus 9% and very, very high flat mana, go with the 9%.

Chest

Either works. Lightning coil is obviously more effective but more expensive.

Weapon

A leech-crafted scepter, a Doryani's, or a Pleb of Hands.

Rest of gear

Shield should prioritize armor. Jewelry should try to get mana regen or Elreon's mod. Everything should contribute life and resistances.

Also: The gloves, belt, and boots were all self-found. Hehehe.

Flasks

Staunching catalyzed life flask, mana flask, Atziri's Promise + warding Ruby to counter reflect, and an antifreeze Quicksilver for freezes. I recommend swapping out the antifreeze quicksilver for an antifreeze topaz/granite flask, I'm just too lazy to craft one (and I ran out of alts making two 5-links the past week). You can also have an instant life flask if you want, but I was never a big fan of those.

Basic combos are as follows.
Taking hard hit - 12
Hit corrupting blood rare - 1
Hit reflect mob - 34 (plus optional 12)
I want to kill something faster OR chaos damage everywhere! - 3

Very self-explanatory.

Most of you won't have a Lavianga's, so use a staunching + kat-alyzed mana flask.

[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Dec 22, 2015, 12:44:57 AM
Bonus information!

2.0 - The Theory behind this build
Spoiler
Weeks of constant research, theorizing, and testing have culminated into my 5th (or is it my 6th?) iteration of the Tank. If you want to hear the backstory behind this, go ahead and read on. If you want to get to the meat of it, skip this wall of text.

The primary objectives of this build were:
1. Have a broad price range, with increasing investments yielding increasing strength. Therefore, despite the high end-game cost, it will be able to cater to low-budget players.
2. Fix (or at least alleviate) the reflect & lightning thorn issue.
3. Become highly resistant to both elemental and physical damage. The priority, of course, was on physical damage mitigation since it was problematic in 2.0.

Secondary objectives were:
1. Make a sturdy mapper that could do all bosses and as many map mods as possible. Of particular concern were reflect, low-regen, no-regen, Elemental Weakness, and BM.
2. Make it as automated as possible – no complex spell weaving, curse-casting, buff-activating, golem-summoning nonsense. Just walk up and burn stuff.
3. Cats on death. Sadly, this secondary objective was not met. (Please GGG – I beg you, give me Cats on Damage Taken. Let me lag up the screen with a bajillion cats using a maligaro’s lense-necro aegis-heartstone combo!)

I seriously wanted to build a mana-based MoM tank, but there were several core issues with a mana tank. What do you do when a smash puts you oom? How do you get a huge mana pool and tons of mana regen without the old Eldritch Battery? How severely will the self-casting cost dig its heels into the regen, and how do I best counter it?

When the Eldritch Battery change was announced during 2.0, this item received a massive pseudo-buff.

Mindspiral was the answer. How? It has two simple stats that make a 1 alc item BiS for this build. Firstly, it has 100-150 base mana. That’s a huge amount, and it lets us reach unprecedented mana pools since the EB change (PoH asides, of course).

More importantly, however, it gives you 10% of the damage taken back as mana. This acts as a 1.5x multiplier to the mana pool. Essentially, Mindspiral is restoring 10% of your life after each hit. Furthermore, the order of calculations is as follows:
1. Hit
2. Possible block/evade
3. Damage is reduced by armor/coil/AA/resistances
4. 10% of the calculated damage is added to your mana pool BEFORE damage hits your pool(How do I know this? I’ve been to 0 mana after a smash.)
5. 70% of the damage hits your life pool, 30% hits your mana pool
Because Mindspiral restores your mana before damage is deducted from your mana pool, it won’t be doing anything for you at full mana – but it doesn’t matter since you’re at full mana anyways. More importantly, even when you’re at zero mana (which never happens normally), the mindspiral-MoM combo will be negating 10% of every hit.

We can put it in perspective using damage/second intake. Taking 1000 damage in 1 second will restore 100 mana in that 1 second, which means Mindspiral acted as a +100 mana/s item. But 1k DPS is a very, very modest number. If you’re a crazy nut like me who thinks facetanking a bunch of blue whippers in Poorjoy’s is fun (IT’S SO MUCH FUN), you’re bound to take much more. In fact, during a Poorjoy run, I was cursed with vulnerability and slapped by multiple blue whipping miscreations, taking an astounding 5k damage (after lightning coil, armor, and AA were factored in) over .5 seconds. That means mindspiral acted as a 1000 mana/s item. Yep, that’s right. 1k mana/s.

Furthermore, the mana flask change was effectively a huge buff to mana-based MoM builds. Catalyzed eternal mana flasks give 960 mana over 6.7 seconds, and you get a whopping 5 uses (8 charges per use, 40 charges total), ensuring that your mana pool has a virtually bottomless source of +143 mana/s.

For physical damage mitigation, I employed a mix of Arctic Armour, a high-armor shield with some nodes to boot, and Lightning Coil. But then there was the resistance issue: how do I offset LC’s resistance debuff without running PoL? I decided that taking Sanctuary would help me with resistances, and it certainly allowed me to overcap my reses. (And a bonus: if you’re running Cloak of Flame, you get to skip Sanctuary and take more life nodes as compensation! Everyone wins!). I strongly believe that getting elemental resistances from the tree is seriously underrated in today’s meta, but that’s a rant for another day.

“Wait,” you might say, “won’t AA dig into your mana pool?” Yes, there’s a tradeoff. For 13% less physical damage take, you trade 25% of your mana pool. However, 13% less physical damage taken acts as a 15% more eHP multiplier, so you effectively have 14% less mana pool. It’s not as bad as you think! Furthermore, because it causes you take less damage, your flask and leech rates are 15% more effective – this is super important vs reflect! Since Mindspiral refills the mana pool so well, I rarely ever go so low on mana that AA becomes detrimental. Furthermore, AA can be turned off when fighting cold or lightning damage bosses, giving you a quick & easy boost to your mana pool.

As for offence, the question was: what do I cast? I tried fire-damage Arctic Breath for the umpteenth time. It was a derp, doing only 15k dps despite my serious investment into damage. I tried incinerate, but it dug its heels into my mana regen. I decided that getting a ton of reduced mana cost from the tree and using an Elreon ring was the answer. Lo and behold: I could sustain the costliest link setup even without clarity. This is especially important if you somehow go oom while fighting a boss – having a low incinerate cost will allow both infinite sustain and infinite tanking.

Of course, the issue is that the more I increase the item requirements, the more difficult it becomes to make the build. The Elreon ring really shouldn’t be circumvented (although you can skip it as long as you’re comfortable with guzzling mana flasks in damage-heavy situations), and a 10% roll Mindspiral is a must-have. The 5L Cloak of Flame is a minimum. A 5L lightning coil is fairly costly, and having high resistances on gear to make up for it is slightly difficult to get, but it is very possible with all the pseudo-resistances coming from the tree. And a good casting weapon with fire leech is mandatory to counter reflect and thorns. Thus, the requirements for the build are a little higher, but if you’re not totally turned off by the small list of must-haves, I encourage you to seriously consider the build.

2.1 - Converting from V1 to V2
Spoiler
You can keep all gear constant, except:
-Chest -> Lightning Coil or Cloak of Flame
-Helmet -> Mindspiral

Tree-wise, just swap out of those armor/life nodes at maurader. It shouldn't take more than ~20ish regrets. Otherwise, the trees are pretty much identical.

What you won't need anymore:
-Anger
-Purities (if you ran any)

What you can swap:
-Chaos Golem -> Fire Golem

2.2 - Reflect
Spoiler
So how does MoM alleviate the reflect issue?

Let's say I do 15k TT DPS and, for some bizarre reason, I don't use any flask at all. Rares usually have elemental resist, but for worst-case scenario, let's give our hypothetical rare 0% fire res. At most, we'll burn through 40% fire res, so that's -40%.

15k TT translates into 60k at max stages (we're assuming worst-case scenario here). 60k DPS * 1.4 (fire pen) * 14% reflected * 25% taken (fire res) * .88% taken (AA). MoM + mindspiral will split 70% to your life and 20% to your mana, so in total, you have:
1.81k DPS to life
517 DPS to mana

Flasks:
Popping a Ruby will allow you to negate 40% of that reflected damage.
Atziri's Promise: You'll leech up to 20% of your life, or 1k life/second.

Comboing these two flasks will trivialize reflect, and pairing it with a life flask will make reflect ez-pz.

"But what if I don't wanna flask? What if I don't see the reflect?"

As an experiment, I restricted myself from using ruby, and sometimes even Atziri's promise, whenever I encountered reflect rares. The lowest I burned myself down to was 2k HP. I never actually died from reflect. So yes, MoM + AA gives this build such a larger buffer against reflect that I can get by without flasking on reflect. I don't recommend it though - stop being lazy and pop yo darn flasks.

2.3 - Clearspeed & DPS
Spoiler
How much DPS is enough?

DPS is always relative. Someone who does 100k DPS single-target will clear a map slower than someone with 10k Arc DPS.

For Incinerate, projectile speed matters a lot for clear speed. Dropping Faster Casting for Faster Projectiles will give you much faster clear, despite the much lower DPS.

I would say that 10k TT DPS is the minimum required to map comfortably, and anything over 15k TT DPS starts to get hazardous on reflect. It is completely possible to push this build well past the ~18k DPS region, but I strongly advise against it because of reflect. But seriously, 10-12k DPS with +70% projectile speed is all you really need. And remember that, if you need some pure single-target deeps for some bizarre reason, you can use Slower Projectiles instead of LMP.

LMP or GMP?
The wide spread of GMP makes up for its slightly lower TT DPS. Frankly, mapping is much more relaxed with GMP because you have to think a lot less about aiming. The higher mana cost is only marginally problematic.

If you've got "enough" DPS, I encourage you to try out both. If you're still a bit lacking in single-target, stick to LMP.

2.4 - Damage taken gained as mana when hit
Spoiler
The "Damage taken gained as mana when hit" modifier is available on 2 uniques and one passive node. It is also available as a corruption for rings, amulets, and shields. They are as follows:

Mindspiral, helmet
5-10%

Victario's Flight, boots (Formerly known as "Ondar's Flight")
5-10%

Battle Rouse, notable in tree (right under maurader start)
3%

Corruption, ring/amulet/shield (4 slots total)
3-6%

Total maximum gain: 47%

However, the build is all about practicality. Sure, it's cool to entirely negate the mana cost of MoM and turn the node into a "take 30% less damage for free" node. I chose to take only 10% for the following reasons:
-Victario's Flight is utter junk.
-Battle Rouse isn't easy to reach, and the cost of reaching it exceeds its meager benefits. Taking pure mana/mana regen nodes is more beneficial.
-The corruption is difficult to obtain, and is mostly available on cheap junk uniques that everyone corrupts.

But for the min-maxers out there who want to supercharge their build, the following items are "not bad" items:
-Lioneye's Remorse (oh man, if you get a 6% roll on one, then gg)
-Bloodboil (low-tier life/resist stats)
-Atziri's Foible (huge boost to mana pool)
-Karui Ward (30% projectile speed and 10% movement speed is OK for clearing)

But how much DTGAMWH do you actually need? Keep in mind that it acts as a multiplier to the mana pool, where 30% consumption acts as a baseline. The returns increase very rapidly, making it extremely profitable to stack. The multipliers are as follows:
5 - 1.2x
10 - 1.5x
15 - 2x
20 - 3x
25 - 6x
28 - 15x
29 - 30x
+30 - "infinite"

But do you actually need 20-30%? I wanted to reach 15% by buying a corrupted ring for that meaty 2x multiplier, but after rigorously testing 10% and adjusting my mana flask use, I figured that it was an unnecessary luxury. However, I was using a legacy LC, and when I tested a Cloak of Flame, my mana pool drained slightly faster. It wasn't something that my mana flasking couldn't keep up with, so if you're using less armor and a CoF, you may or may not want to consider using a corrupted item to multiply your mana pool. It's totally not necessary if you're a good flasker, but it will help especially if your free mana pool is less than 700-800 and you enjoy facetanking hard physical hits.

2.5 - Legacy Coil vs Lightning Coil vs Cloak of Flame
Spoiler
Let's ignore armor for now. At 75% resists:

LegCoil: 60% physical, 10% lightning (after resists) = 70% of damage taken
LightCoil: 70% physical, 7.5% lightning = 77.5% of damage taken
Cloak of Flame: 80% physical, 5% fire = 85% of damage taken

However, CoF has very marginally stronger synergy with AA. When AA is factored in:
LegCoil: 62.2%
LightCoil: 68.4%
Cloak of Flame: 74%

Furthermore, CoF synergizes with Ruby Flask, which we run anyways. Ruby will drop phys hits to 72.2%. But for the purpose of the following calculations, I won't factor in Ruby.

I currently have 5.2k armor, but I know that most people won't be able to get a 1.8k armor shield. Therefore, I will assume a very, very modest 4k armor (and 3.2k armor for the CoF setup).

The value is the multiplier to your eHP by switching from the lower item to the higher item. This is with armor (esp. provided by Lightning Coil) and AA taken into account.

2.6 - *Bonus section! Protips: Staying Alive & More*
Spoiler
WIP!

I will add relevant PoE knowledge as I expand this section over time. I'll include a ton of (hopefully) useful information and tips to help you become a better player.

Flasks

Refer to: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Flask

Atziri's Promise is an invaluable arsenal in our kit. It is a temporary, internal offensive & survivability buff (whereas Flame Golem is external, and Frenzy charges are pseudo-internal).

[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 12, 2015, 11:03:26 PM
3.0 User testimonials

If you've had success running this build, throw down a rave review! I will be slowly adding to this list.

"
Hätzold wrote:
Dude. Congrats on that build. I respecced my witch and did a quick 73 map. Never dropped below 4k life (of 5,3k), never had to even think about using my life flask. This is a serious tank and on first impression feels super confident. Tooltip is 13k which feels enough however I can't wait to craft me some jewels to boost that a little bit. My gear I threw together for now, can however imagine sinking some isk into the build to maximise. Really liking it.

Spoiler

"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Seems much more tanky than normal and I have not finished my character yet (no CWDT set yet). Impressive ! (I love tanky so much as I'm such a bad player).
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 11, 2015, 8:51:01 AM
I'm working on a very similar build, I didnt even think about Mindspiral but it seems like its a great addition. Have you tested with and without it? Is there a big enough difference that makes it worth the switch?
"
BurninBodies wrote:
I'm working on a very similar build, I didnt even think about Mindspiral but it seems like its a great addition. Have you tested with and without it? Is there a big enough difference that makes it worth the switch?
It's BiS. The build is wholly doable without it, but you have to guzzle mana flasks in damage-heavy moments to compensate, and burst damage will leave your mana pool empty and useless.

Mindspiral shines when you need it the most, i.e. when your mana pool is gone (which, frankly, doesn't even happen very often because of its mana restore properties). No matter how little mana you have, it'll make sure that MoM will still deduct a minimum of 10% of each hit for free.

The flat mana is also ridiculously good. My free mana pool goes from 781 -> 1034 in addition to the 1.5x effective multiplier gained from the 10% stat, which puts my effective mana pool at 1551. That's double the mana.
Very good, will definitely be making the switch. Glad I came across your post, thank you.

Thank you for the build and effort. The mindspiral mechanic looks very promising. As I happen to have every gear at hand I'm tempted to try. Do you think the build can also do high-tier endgame maps or normal Atziri?
Wow thats some new idea :)
IGN: PojzonAbyss
[3.2] Immortal Indigon Poet's Pen Hirophant - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2129766
[3.1] Yamata No Orochi - Oni-Goroshi Jugg http://poeurl.com/bHB9
[2.4] The True Queen Of The Forest - Poison LA/BR Pathfinder http://poeurl.com/M6u [Retired]
"
Hätzold wrote:

Thank you for the build and effort. The mindspiral mechanic looks very promising. As I happen to have every gear at hand I'm tempted to try. Do you think the build can also do high-tier endgame maps or normal Atziri?
Without a doubt.

The only reason my videos are trash maps is because my map drops are stopping dead at 75s. (Gee, thanks Obama!)

I would imagine that Atziri would be a stress-test for the MoM-Mindspiral mechanic, but I don't doubt a single bit that it's doable. Normal Atziri isn't that tough anyways, frankly. It's completely possible to do her with a 4k life build, never mind 5k + MoM.
Last edited by KuteKitteh on Aug 10, 2015, 2:06:29 PM
Hi KuteKitteh !

First, very good guides and work thanks for that :)

I switched now from your old tanky build to the new one, had to refund a couple of passives but..

Mindspiral with MoM works awesome, my build is now lot tougher.

But I have a suggestion: Maybe you can make a quick switch guide for all ppl from your old guide
to this one ? That would be awesome. Or to say if its even possible ?

I bother a bit with my DPS (6,2k) and I dont know..most of your DPS depends on your gear ?
I run with inc+spell echo+ LMP + faster proj + item rarity (currently no acess to BBGGR)

So the main goal of your new build is better defense with Mindspiral and MoM, or I missed something?

(Stats:4k life, 3,2k armor from old build)
Last edited by DiamondSnake on Aug 10, 2015, 4:48:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info