[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
VixTrader wrote:
Any normal level though, around 90'ish, non crit is better. OP has the build right for sure

Alone the fire pen makes it better.
"

So I'm a little confused Alala. You're saying with that gear and skill tree, you have 7.5k tooktip damage on Ice Storm? I'm finding that quite hard to believe. I'm not doubting you, just shocked really. Can you please post a tool tip screenshot for confirmation?

6 power charges, 3 frenzy, fire golem, and rallying cry add up.
"
Alala wrote:
"

So I'm a little confused Alala. You're saying with that gear and skill tree, you have 7.5k tooktip damage on Ice Storm? I'm finding that quite hard to believe. I'm not doubting you, just shocked really. Can you please post a tool tip screenshot for confirmation?

so you have supposedly higher tooltip for like, 5 seconds at one time?

as the others have said, i'd love to see a screenshot.
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
"
Alala wrote:
"

I just don't get why you'd lie about something so easily verifiable. Anybody who's played the character for 5 minutes knows you can't get 7.5K Ice storm damage, especially with the crappy gear and tree that you posted.

As I said, I tested this with 7 power charges, every single available crit node, fire golem up obviously, all the high damage gems inserted, and way better gear than you have, and the damage doesn't even reach 4.5k.

The OP has pretty much the perfect damage tree, with 5 jewels that you could only dream of getting one of, and he still doesn't quite reach 5k (which is WAY more than my character gets, again, much better gear than yours)

I give you credit for trying a new build, life based with crit, ok great ! But why flat out lie and literally double your damage. I bet you aren't at 4k.

Rallying cry? Please... Why not just tell everybody here your REAL damage with power charges and golem up? Less than 4k right?
This is pretty funny to me. BTW 72 Mirrors dropped in this same instance! /end drama
Spoiler

It's not a laid back build to keep all the charges up, but very doable. My bandits are all a mess so I don't have my 7th charge, and my int is at 718 so lots of little tweaks could happen. The safety of freeze and broken bodies and an easy curse setup makes leaving AoF behind pretty easy IMO
All you've done is put 6 jewels that add damage in your staff, added frenzy charges and a massive rallying cry. Any moron can do that and take a nice big damage screenshot.

The OP posted his actual damage, and your clowning around with a set up just for a screenshot to boost your tiny little e-peen.

Now if you'd like, we can do an Atziri run together (my treat of course) we'll show screenshots of empty inventories so no last minute gem switching, and I can stand there watching you kill Atziri. When she's down, post a screenshot of your damage then. Let's show everybody it's several thousand less shall we?

Thing is, having someone post real numbers for a crit build would have been helpful. There's a lot of people wondering if adding some crit might be beneficial. You could have done that by just posting screenshots of the actual gems you use and the real in game during play damage. Now you're just that guy who did everything humanly possible to post a totally unrealistic and unrepresentative screen shot to prove some non existent point...
Last edited by VixTrader on Aug 23, 2015, 4:24:24 AM
About reliable crit dps, you can take a look here. I've been following this crit build to lv 7x.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/436

LL, crit, with a freaking Shav and the Vertex too (Standard build so ofc), the OP can only reach 4k with CE gem in link. So I think it's the limit of crit build now, unless we can put up a better build than the OP of that thread.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Aug 23, 2015, 8:23:06 AM
That's my standard build right there. If you want to try crit go for it. No reason to make bigger numbers on the internet when it's doable in game. would my build be uber viable? probably not as I don't have enough life, vaal pact, and wouldn't run blood rage. But for mapping its a fine clear speed.

"
About reliable crit dps, you can take a look here. I've been following this crit build to lv 7x.

You linked to the scion forum. Would love to see the build.
"
Alala wrote:
That's my standard build right there. If you want to try crit go for it. No reason to make bigger numbers on the internet when it's doable in game. would my build be uber viable? probably not as I don't have enough life, vaal pact, and wouldn't run blood rage. But for mapping its a fine clear speed.

"

You linked to the scion forum. Would love to see the build.

Fairly certain this is what he's talking about:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1343007
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
Thanks Based.
That build isn't crit and with Conc is at 6,2k. they are going all defense in their auras. Better for uber surely

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info