[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
StokeYdral wrote:
The duration change is such a huge nerf. Completely changes the way you have to build the character to get any satisfactory duration. I guess if it's not PA, Flame Totem, or Cyclone the official GGG stance is to go fuck yourself.

What? It's a huge buff to single target damage. Now you can use inc duration as a support and the skill effect duration nodes in the tree.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
This is my current tree all i did was basically drop the extra jewel to pick up 45% duration and it's the same duration as i had before 2.0.2
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwAAAecD7gQHCGcNfA5IDlwQWBEtEVARlhXXGmwbJRzcHRQdTx2-HwIo-ilPLJwspiy_LR8tqDOHNAo1uTbFNug3ZkVHRX5GaUZxSshLrkyzUEJRdFZjV8lYr13yXypfamZUavptGW6qbzt4DXvDf8aCm4LHguSDCYP3hXuGrodliq-MNo7pjxqPRo_6kBGQ1pMnlSCdrp_LoS-iLqKjppmnCKcrpzCpbq-Nr5uxkLQMtQS18rfWvoC-ir68wBrAZsHFwfPK09Af0NDVptgk2VvbWd-K5CLpAuq66-Tr7uwY7Djv6w==?accountName=Diplodorkis&characterName=TheWhisperingOne
I'm still finding it hard to believe that adding some crit to the build wouldn't be worth it.

It's really not that difficult to skill the tree to include 7 power charges and 3 of the crit nodes: Serpent Stance, Annihilation, Doom Cast.

I'm lvl 66 and basically finished the "skeleton" build that's required to make it work. From here on out it's either tweak more INT and a few random nodes that aren't very impressive, or using 20+ points to go Crit.

And since too many bosses are immune anyway hypothermia seems like a waste. Why not just switch it for power charge on crit gem and add some damage vs ALL opponents rather than just weak ones that aren't a problem anyway?
Last edited by VixTrader on Aug 20, 2015, 4:49:52 AM
Working on a revised tree now. Increased duration nodes are definitely worth it with the new changes, especially as we use numerous duration skills that would benefit from the nodes as well (rallying cry, vaal auras, curses).

The build should still be Uber viable after this change.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
I just got my build running before the patch, so I'll need to maybe change some things again but I'm running crit, no AoF, and life/armor. CI would have been nice but I don't have good ES gear laying around for it. Tooltip dps is around 7.5k vs 6k with AoF
Last edited by Alala on Aug 20, 2015, 3:02:29 PM
Loving the build. Did Aztiri for the first time today. But im kinda lost, dont know how to improve.

Gear
Spoiler

Stats
Spoiler

Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAecEBwhnDXwOXBBYES0RUBXXGmwbJRzcHRQdTx8CKU8snCymLL8tHy2oNAo1uTbFNug3Zj8nRUdFfkZpRnFKyEuuTLNRdFZjWK9ZbV8qX2pfmGZUavptGW6qbzt4DXvDf8aCm4LkgwmD94V7hq6HZYqvjHaO6Y8aj0aP-pARkNaTJ5Ugna6ePJ_LoS-io6aZpwinK6cwqW6vja-bsZC0DLUEtfK31r6Avoq-vMAawGbBxcHzytPPMtDQ1abYJNlb21nfiuQi6QLquuvk6-7sGOw4?accountName=lzlucas&characterName=JainnaProudmore
Last edited by lzlucas on Aug 20, 2015, 6:17:50 PM
"
Alala wrote:
I just got my build running before the patch, so I'll need to maybe change some things again but I'm running crit, no AoF, and life/armor. CI would have been nice but I don't have good ES gear laying around for it. Tooltip dps is around 7.5k vs 6k with AoF

Can you show your gear and your skill tree?
Really enjoy the build. Haven't been comfortable enough to make the switch to perandus rings, since that balancing resists while using mostly uniques seems like a daunting task. Still a top tier build regardless.

gear:

Spoiler
IGN- JustaCIboy
Twitch.tv/BasedNito
so until you can even equip a whispering ice whats the best weapon and skill gem setup to plow through the early levels that works with this passive tree?
"
MatrixFactor wrote:
"
StokeYdral wrote:
The duration change is such a huge nerf. Completely changes the way you have to build the character to get any satisfactory duration. I guess if it's not PA, Flame Totem, or Cyclone the official GGG stance is to go fuck yourself.

What? It's a huge buff to single target damage. Now you can use inc duration as a support and the skill effect duration nodes in the tree.

Do you understand basic logic? Less duration, means we are hurt much worse on longer fights (tanky rares, boss fights) because we aren't stacking multiple instances of ice storm on the target, meaning less damage is being done
Last edited by conqMax on Aug 21, 2015, 2:28:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info