[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

I don't play Hardcore or Uber Atziri so the occasional death is not that big a deal for me. So I'm not going to take unwavering stance, I'll just go with practical application.

So the question is, what should I do with my saved points? I could do a couple of the crit nodes like Annihilation and Doom Cast.

Or should I just try to hit more of the 10 Int nodes and 10 str ones near my Brute Force jewel?

Basically, does more INT or more Crit scale better with the final few points? Thanks

And also, have you actually tried to do a full crit char taking all the crit nodes you can get and maybe sacrifice some of the INT stacking? Crit in this game seems to trump everything. Wondering if it also is better than high INT.
Last edited by VixTrader on Aug 17, 2015, 3:29:44 AM
Question: I had already started a Witch before reading this guide, so I made a few changes on the tree, I was hoping someone could double check to see if I made any mistakes/am missing something:

PoEbuilder Link

vs your tree: link

Good Enough

Anything you'd swap to make it a bit more optimal?
Not sure if you've tested it out, but to the right of the "True Strike" node over near the ranger area there is that gem slot that if you used a "Fertile Mind" and converted all that DEX in the area to INT it would be quite a bit. Depending on how many points you had to spend, that seems to be a gold mine for easy INT.
I watched the uber atziri videos now. Those were so smooth...

Besides trying stun avoidance, I think vaal pact might be worth trying. Stick in a dex to int jewel and you get 50 int from conversion + 24 from the jewel. Path of the Savant would probably be the first thing to go? (You need 7 pts).

I'd estimate your DPS is around 150k in maps after initial ramp up. With 2% leech you're getting 3k ES/sec. With 13k ES your leech cap is 2.6k ES/sec, which is solid. But now add warlords mark for 2% more leech, and you could be leech 6k ES/sec with VP whereas you're stuck at 2.6k without it.

I just think VP+leech is such a strong defensive mechanic for high DPS builds, I wouldn't play without it.
All my builds /view-thread/1430399

T14 'real' clearspeed challenge /1642265
I've played since the start of OB, and finally, my first atziri kill with this guide!

Gear:

I spent 1-20c on each piece of gear except for astra and whispering (divined the black sun crest twice)/
Finding upgrades to accomodate perandus/even affording dual perandus is going to be insanely hard, and I have to run clarity until then, just don't have enough mana otherwise. I'm not using AA/Purity of Fire right now. Which gems, as I continue to level, should I focus on quality-ing first?

Tree:
https://goo.gl/MNX4RL

ign - Zilead
"
Nicol wrote:
I've played since the start of OB, and finally, my first atziri kill with this guide!

Gear:

I spent 1-20c on each piece of gear except for astra and whispering (divined the black sun crest twice)/
Finding upgrades to accomodate perandus/even affording dual perandus is going to be insanely hard, and I have to run clarity until then, just don't have enough mana otherwise. I'm not using AA/Purity of Fire right now. Which gems, as I continue to level, should I focus on quality-ing first?

Tree:
https://goo.gl/MNX4RL

Quality on Cold to Fire is by far the most valuable for this build. Faster casting as well. After that, basically all the support gems give +10% increased damage at top quality

[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Also, with the duration changes to icestorm, should the duration nodes be taken in the skilltree? Or should a gem be taken out for increased duration? I feel like 2.0.2 makes it a very valuable stat, a huge damage boost on extended single-target fights.
ign - Zilead
old
base duration 700ms
50% increased duration per 100 Int

new
base duration 1500ms
150ms base duration per 100 Int

int / old duration(ms) / new duration (ms) / to make same duration

400 / 2100 / 2100 <- same
600 / 2800 / 2400 <- need +17% increased duration.
800 / 3500 / 2700 <- need +30%
1000 / 4200 / 3000 <- need +40%
1200 / 4900 / 3300 <- need +48%
1400 / 5600 / 3600 <- need +55%
1600 / 6300 / 3900 <- need +62%
1800 / 7000 / 4200 <- need +66%
2000 / 7700 / 4500 <- need +71%
2200 / 8400 / 4800 <- need +75%
2400 / 9100 / 5100 <- need +78%

with 1000~1800 int,
0 increased duration nodes : 30% ~ 40% less duration = nerf
3 increased duration nodes : same ~ 15% less duration = nerf
6 increased duration nodes : 10% ~ 35% more duration = buff

I think, we have to take 6 duration nodes.
It could be worth dropping hypothermia for increased duration, would be a large damage boost on bosses. Alternatively, I'm looking at a tree like this: https://goo.gl/5jC99T which would require 4 more levels for me but include both duration nodes at the cost of trickery and coldhearted calculation
ign - Zilead
The duration change is such a huge nerf. Completely changes the way you have to build the character to get any satisfactory duration. I guess if it's not PA, Flame Totem, or Cyclone the official GGG stance is to go fuck yourself.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info