[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

nvm
Last edited by Ishamz on Aug 12, 2015, 4:09:25 AM
Please explain: you have Hypothermia gem, but you do not deal cold damage.
How are the enemies chilled? By running to them with Arctic Armor?
"
Railune wrote:
Please explain: you have Hypothermia gem, but you do not deal cold damage.
How are the enemies chilled? By running to them with Arctic Armor?

Icestorm creates chilled ground, even when it deals no cold damage.
>Icestorm creates chilled ground, even when it deals no cold damage.
I see, thank you.

One more question: are bosses with Proximity Shield unkillable with this build?
For example like second form of boss in Whakawairua Tuahu unique map or the yellow ones with the shield nemesis mod.
"
Railune wrote:
>Icestorm creates chilled ground, even when it deals no cold damage.
I see, thank you.

One more question: are bosses with Proximity Shield unkillable with this build?
For example like second form of boss in Whakawairua Tuahu unique map or the yellow ones with the shield nemesis mod.

Proximity shield yellow mobs have never been an issue, you simply need to be physically inside their shield for icestorm to damage them.

Just tried Whakiwairua, the boss was a tremendous pain the ass but I did succeed in killing it.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Something I'm curious about: I notice in your gem links you include clarity, but you don't seem to be running it in either video or in your item links. Did you obtain enough mana regen to sustain icestorm without it?
I'm wondering about your aura use. Are you really running discipline + HoI + AA + Clarity? If so, how? I can't seem to fit HoI in there.
Glad to see someone finally post a build that takes the 10%resists from Kraityn.

Just seen your build and like finding it really similar to where i am building mine to (only lvl 73 atm, and missing astramentis so have to make some other gear/tree changes).

I went the trek to Vaal Pact - would you say that this is not worth it?
"
Mahanen wrote:
Glad to see someone finally post a build that takes the 10%resists from Kraityn.

Just seen your build and like finding it really similar to where i am building mine to (only lvl 73 atm, and missing astramentis so have to make some other gear/tree changes).

I went the trek to Vaal Pact - would you say that this is not worth it?

I don't think so, personally. With my massive ES pool, I am never close to reaching the leech cap so vaal pact does not offer much appeal.

"
bladesofwill wrote:
Something I'm curious about: I notice in your gem links you include clarity, but you don't seem to be running it in either video or in your item links. Did you obtain enough mana regen to sustain icestorm without it?

I am constantly swapping out gems for different situations. For the most part, my current build does not require clarity provided Rallying Cry is active - the mana regen from it is mostly sufficient to allow constant casting.

Update - posted videos for all three Alluring Abyss fights!
Updated gear - new helmet
Last edited by Baalorlord on Aug 14, 2015, 2:28:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info