[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

hey! your build looks awesome! My only problem is that im still fairly new to the game (got lucky with some drops and now have decent currency) but i'm terrible at figuring out what i should go for first in the tree. Any chance you could do a quick leveling guide with the passive skill tree? thank you very much =)
"
Medyrz wrote:
hey! your build looks awesome! My only problem is that im still fairly new to the game (got lucky with some drops and now have decent currency) but i'm terrible at figuring out what i should go for first in the tree. Any chance you could do a quick leveling guide with the passive skill tree? thank you very much =)

I include a leveling tree in the original post, but here's some added direction:

Start with the spell damage path out of the scion start, heading to harrier, then foresight and into the templar area from there. This will hopefully provide enough mana to work with.

Grab the resist path out of the scion start and the life wheel around act 3/4 normal, as well as the duration cluster.

From there head into the witch area, grabbing frost walker, cruel preparation, and deep thoughts.

For gear, you'll want a lapis amulet (unless you already have astramentis set aside, which will make leveling WAY easier). Anything with int and life works for the other slots, regardless of base type.

Prior to using the staff you'll want firestorm.

Dont forget that catarina can craft intelligence onto items quite cheaply - its a great way to get easy leveling gear.

You'll be dependent on mana potions for most of your leveling journey. Clarity helps.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Lol most people seem to overlook one crucial point of this awesome build.

Did u guys even look at op gears and his jewels? EVEN in std..it requires a massive amount of currencies to get them heh. Especially the rare amour pieces.

Ontopic - any witch variant of the updated tree or only scion works? I'm using wafflet build ATM with low life since I have all the available gears.
Hey im friend of Hello_Kitty_MF and told me to follow your build ,awesome!

i have troble on my dps... my dps tool tip is quet far away...and you took away alot of es nodes...for VP and duration...how is your es doing ? im using 600 es chest..
"
vezlaine1528 wrote:
Hey im friend of Hello_Kitty_MF and told me to follow your build ,awesome!

i have troble on my dps... my dps tool tip is quet far away...and you took away alot of es nodes...for VP and duration...how is your es doing ? im using 600 es chest..

Most of the lost ES from nodes was recovered from the INT I picked up. My ES went from 13650 -> 13000 after the changes. Survivability is higher than before, except against single targets.
Last edited by Baalorlord on Aug 25, 2015, 6:05:01 AM
Hey let me say Great build I'm running it and loving it.

I would like you to mention something about the cast when damage taken in your guide

Cast When Damage Taken - Curse on Hit - Firestorm - Temporal Chains

If the curse on hit,r the temp chains are within the CWDT level range, they are effectively linked to two trigger gems. And since poe dosn't allow and skill to have two trigger gems that brakes the combo. So the temp chains and curse on hit need to be higher level to avoid being supported by CWDT and stay linked to the fire storm.

So this allows a loop hole. CWDT cast firestorm, then firestorm hits a mob and triggers the COH to apply temp chains.

I had to do some serious searching to figure out why my link wasn't working and yours was??

Again love the build just wasn't aware of this mechanic
Last edited by Andromeda_2005 on Aug 25, 2015, 11:08:39 PM
"
Hey let me say Great build I'm running it and loving it.

I would like you to mention something about the cast when damage taken in your guide

Cast When Damage Taken - Curse on Hit - Firestorm - Temporal Chains

If the curse on hit,r the temp chains are within the CWDT level range, they are effectively linked to two trigger gems. And since poe dosn't allow and skill to have two trigger gems that brakes the combo. So the temp chains and curse on hit need to be higher level to avoid being supported by CWDT and stay linked to the fire storm.

So this allows a loop hole. CWDT cast firestorm, then firestorm hits a mob and triggers the COH to apply temp chains.

I had to do some serious searching to figure out why my link wasn't working and yours was??

Again love the build just wasn't aware of this mechanic

Yep the entire point of the CWDT - Curse on Hit setup is to allow the application of max-level curses with CWDT. You can also simply use CWDT with a low curse if you want to free 2 gem slots.
Not really sure what to do with armor gem slots. I really don't seem to need them at all but it seems like such a waste to just have an empty armor.

Passive Tree for my Witch, Lvl 79 and pretty much done the build. Will just fill out extra INT and jewel slots now. Tested it to death and Crit is a waste, so can't go wrong with more INT and jewels.

* I took the increased radius nodes so I can just use Conc Effect full time. Too powerful a gem not to use it all the time IMO.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwMAA-4EBw18DkgRUBGWFdcabBslHNwdFB1PHb4fAh_HKPopTyo4K3gsnCymLL8tHy2LM4c1uTbFN4M8BT1fRUdGcUuuTLNQQlF0UlNWY1fJXfJfKl9qX7BmVG0Zb55wu3_GgpuCx4MJhMWFe4aujDaMdo7pjxqPRo_6kNaTJ5Ugl_SbtZ2unjyhL6IuoqOmmabrpwinK6-NtAy1BLiTvorAZsHFwfPDOspKytPQH9DQ1abYJNlb34rkIukC6-Tr7uwY7DjvfO_r

Last edited by VixTrader on Aug 26, 2015, 7:47:06 AM
Hi, currently @ lvl45
Does the Temporal chain nerf in 2.0.2 has any impact on this build?
Should I still go for Avatar of Fire without a heavy CC?
so im in the middle of getting decent ES gear to make the change to CI. i have an infernal Mantle, i was thinking of using it until i can find/afford a higher ES chest, but does the 25% of fire damage converted to chaos damage stat actually conflict with avatar of fire? would i flat out lose 25% damage because "you deal no non fire damage"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info