[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Sorry, I meant this build, totally crit and he can only reach 4k dps (not sure power charge included or not)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1335794

On the other hand, WaffleT build is not a crit build, and I think he basically use the same idea with this thread, just that he's rich and go low life with Shav and full unique gears (lowlife is actually to cover lack of res)

Well, however, crit sure is strong, whenever I touch a crit shrine, it nearly triple my tooltip dps from 2500 to 6000 dps. So if we can figure out how to use crit, it's great anyway!
Of course your dps will triple, you're going from <10% crit chance to 100. The issue is that with only 5% base its hard to scale and not worth the point investment to go crit.

I ran regular atziri like 10 times yesterday (all flasks -.-) and concluded that its better to spec out of the shadow nodes for duration for the time being. I sorely missed hypothermia/added cold when I dropped it for duration. Currently a slight nerf in overall dps (4.57 duration, ~300 less avg damage with conc eff) but I'm having no problems clearing again. Well, I'm not quite killing the 2nd oversoul before he drops down now, but quality on gems should fix that.
ign - Zilead
I don't think power charges on on that dps, just auras. I think cold to fire is much more potent than added chaos and pcoc could be moved to a curse on hit solution freeing up a slot. The CWDT ice nova is great, too bad it'd brick most computers.

when it comes to jewels i've noticed something, people selling jewels with +%fire damage, +%cold damage, +%res are trying to get like 1ex each on warbands.

however for like 10-20c you can buy +%spell damage, +%fire or cold damage, +%res

i mean, isnt that really just the same thing for this build? if the jewel says spell damage instead of fire damage it still going to boost damage by the same amount right? as no matter what the skill is still a spell
Great build i really enjoy playing.
My DPS is 1875 without conf. effect.
Here is my gear.
Spoiler

Jewels
Spoiler
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
when it comes to jewels i've noticed something, people selling jewels with +%fire damage, +%cold damage, +%res are trying to get like 1ex each on warbands.

however for like 10-20c you can buy +%spell damage, +%fire or cold damage, +%res

i mean, isnt that really just the same thing for this build? if the jewel says spell damage instead of fire damage it still going to boost damage by the same amount right? as no matter what the skill is still a spell

I think the point is that not everyone buys jewels for spell build. Pure cold and fire can be very useful for, say, elemental weapon builds, which dont scale with spell incr mod.

Spell builds in general are not loved a lot in 2.0, except for this builds and incinerate builds.
Last edited by wiwigvn on Aug 24, 2015, 7:13:15 AM
"
Alala wrote:
No reason to make bigger numbers on the internet when it's doable in game. would my build be uber viable? probably not as I don't have enough life, vaal pact, and wouldn't run blood rage. But for mapping its a fine clear speed.

"
About reliable crit dps, you can take a look here. I've been following this crit build to lv 7x.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/436

You linked to the scion forum. Would love to see the build.

As I already said, if you simply go in game with me for like 2 minutes we can show everybody here how you were able to boost your meaningless screenshot damage.

- Put 6 damage jewels in your staff instead of the ones you actually play with that don't add damage like leech, penetration, fast casting etc... Any idiot can do that for 5 minutes on an Act 4 run to show a good screenshot, but it doesn't mean that's your damage.

- Round up monsters to get the biggest Rallying Cry cast you can get, obviously again totally useless in a practical sense, but makes for a nice screenshot.

Alala, your damage is less than 4K guaranteed. 2 minutes in a game with me will prove this. My gear is far superior to yours and when I spec'd in to Crit to test it, it's hard as #$%#%$ to get damage to 4k.

No way with your crappy gear and horrible skill tree were you able to surpass that. No chance !

Stop talking, I'm online right now or whenever you please. Let's test this shall we? My guess is, he's a ghost whenever I message him :)
How about Uber Atziri after 2.0.2 patch?
Any changes?
After theorycrafting numerous changes to the build, swapping up some jewels, and various other tweaks that cost me ~30 regret orbs, I've arrived at a build I am satisfied with in 2.02. The original post has been updated with my new tree.

I set out to test it versus Uber Atziri

which went pretty well.

New stats look like this:

Spoiler

Icestorm's duration is now 5.66 seconds, nearly identical to previous.

The biggest change is that the build now grabs Vaal Pact which is insanely useful versus large quantities of creatures. Helps tremendously versus reflect maps as well - for shits and giggles I decided to try an 18% elemental reflect / -60% regen / elemental weakness excavation map, and was able to finish it deathless.

Picking up one of the duration clusters makes the utility skills of this build a lot more effective, which is excellent. This build is still extremely powerful post-2.02.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Spoiler

Not my last portal, fortunately
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Last edited by Baalorlord on Aug 24, 2015, 2:19:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info