[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

Are skyforth still worth using?
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi guys!

I'm planning to try this build, it looks great !

Got a question regarding to the early leveling, before using the whispering ice staff (lvl<33).

What are the good spells that I could use ?

I'm playing in std, so I already have some stuff.

Thanks !

Check out the Leveling section of my version of the build. It works for this one just fine. Skip the things I take that Baalorlord doesn't (like Blast Radius) and vice versa, but until mid-40's it's the same build.

Thanks for your answer, very good work too with your build ! gonna follow your leveling tips !
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Won7on wrote:
Any suggestions for what other defensive mechanics can go in my spare 4-link? I already have Vaal Discipline, CWDT-IC and a Chaos Golem.

Chaos Golem?? Bad choice. 4% reduced physical damage is nothing. Flame Golem gives you 50% increased damage (with Asc Elementalist) and it taunts enemies for you just as fine as the chaos one. Give it some resistances too. Support IC with Inc Duration. Flame Dash is great for defense too.

CWDT - IC - Inc Dur - Vaal Discipline
Flame Dash - Flame Golem - Minion Ele Res - Faster Casting

Hm, I'd actually been doing Occultist, but you convinced me to switch over. I think I can deal with losing 400 ES given the huge DPS gain, especially considering I gain 4% reduced elemental damage.

For my 4-links, I already had Flame Dash, obviously. They were Vaal Disc - Golem - Flame Dash - Faster Casting, and CWDT - IC - Discipline (can't be bothered to spend 150 chromes rolling 3R on shitty gloves I'll be replacing soon).

I'm at 9600 ES and 4740 Icestorm damage with Conc effect, and most of this gear was budget <5c crap I bought 15 levels ago. I think I'll make a few gear improvements to push past the 10k mark and give Uber Atziri a try.

By the way, how do you deal with Reflect maps? I've tried taking Fire Pen off and I still get rekt through a Ruby flask.
Last edited by Won7on on Mar 25, 2016, 10:56:10 AM
Edit: merged into previous post
Last edited by Won7on on Mar 25, 2016, 10:48:14 AM
Just wondering what kind of stats people are getting and what they are using in the Perandus League. Is it still worth using the sigent rings at 2%? Please post some gear and advice for the Perandus League :)
"
Baalorlord wrote:
CWDT - [Spell of your choice] - Blind: can blind enemies, cutting their hit chance in half. Pretty good mitigation against attacks. Knockback can be socketed as well to get melee mobs away from you.

This would be useless for whoever is going the unwavering stance route, since you cannot evade and even blinded enemies would hit you at a 100% rate.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 25, 2016, 11:49:07 AM
"
djnat wrote:
"
Baalorlord wrote:
CWDT - [Spell of your choice] - Blind: can blind enemies, cutting their hit chance in half. Pretty good mitigation against attacks. Knockback can be socketed as well to get melee mobs away from you.

This would be useless for whoever is going the unwavering stance route, since you cannot evade and even blinded enemies would hit you at a 100% rate.

This is correct - I'd forgotten about that particular downside to unwavering stance.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Won7on wrote:
By the way, how do you deal with Reflect maps? I've tried taking Fire Pen off and I still get rekt through a Ruby flask.

You replace Fire Pen with Life Leech. Reflect doesn't pierce your own resistances, but it's just a red gem socket you can use (replacing CtF is obviously not an option). The extra leech added to Berserker's and WM aura's will take care of the reflect. You only need Ruby flasks for rares with their own reflect aura, curse immune mobs (e.g. big Vaal dudes) and bosses (60% reduced WM effect). And you don't want to range kill anything. Try to keep everything within your WM aura.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 26, 2016, 12:44:15 AM
Hey I decided to make a WI trickster and while leveling found this guide so I've been referring to it for the base of my build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYCAAPuBAcNfA5IDlwQWBEtEVARlhXXGmwbJRzcHRQdvh8CHxgi9Cj6KU8sRiycLL8tHzOHNbk2xTwFPL1FR0V8RX5LrkyDTLNQQlF0UftWSFZjV8lca13yXypfamr6axdtGXDUdIF_xoKbgseD94RIhq6HZYw2jHaO6Y8aj0aP-pUgl5eboZ2unjyiLqKjppmnCKcrr42vm7UEuJPAZsHFwfPDbc0W0B_Q0NWm2CTZW-Qi6QLr5Ovu7BjsOO987-v3wffX-aT56A==

My current shadow tree. Level 72 going to work on more jewel slots ofc.

My gear at the moment. 3.2k (5k with conc) tooltip damage 11k ES im using a stone golem btw to test ES regen worth.

Anyways thanks for the guide just posting this here to get some suggestions
Last edited by Malchron on Mar 26, 2016, 4:33:48 PM
You can't regen anything with this build. Vaal pact prevents it. And playing without Vaal pact is impossible or at least very risky at higher levels / map tiers, because you will die easily against elemental reflect foes.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 26, 2016, 5:15:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info