[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
Sorry if this was asked before but this thread is getting too big.

Ive reached end game with this and I cannot run all of the auras AA, Discipline, and Blasphemy. I have to choose between AA and discipline.

From what im experiencing, 5% unreserved mana is not enough to support all 3 of these.

So what im asking is, in other ppls opinions, is he right in saying enlighten is not mandatory?

You can't afford AA if you don't have Enlighten lv 2 or better. It's not mandatory, but only in the same sense as AA. You'll just have 1 less layer of defense.

Dropping Discipline is really not an option. You need that ES. A viable option is to self-cast Warlord's Mark, it's just a lot more work.
Hi guys!

I'm planning to try this build, it looks great !

Got a question regarding to the early leveling, before using the whispering ice staff (lvl<33).

What are the good spells that I could use ?

I'm playing in std, so I already have some stuff.

Thanks !
I have one question. Im using Elemental Overload pasive. With this people were saying its better to use faster casting instead controlled destruction for more procs. The problem is with destruction my tooltip dps with golem is 5456, with faster casting only 3790. Ofc Elemental Overload will proc more often but its really worth to lose almost 2k tooltip dps?

This is my current setup:

Leave it that way or maybe change something?
Well my tooltip damage is only 3009 and I'm breezing through everything at the moment. Did a twinned courtyard map when I was lvl82 and it was surprisingly easy. I thought I'd have a hard time with 6 bosses but they all went down very quickly
Last edited by Loquis on Mar 24, 2016, 4:29:00 PM
"
partyboy79 wrote:
Hi guys!

I'm planning to try this build, it looks great !

Got a question regarding to the early leveling, before using the whispering ice staff (lvl<33).

What are the good spells that I could use ?

I'm playing in std, so I already have some stuff.

Thanks !

Check out the Leveling section of my version of the build. It works for this one just fine. Skip the things I take that Baalorlord doesn't (like Blast Radius) and vice versa, but until mid-40's it's the same build.

"
Asag wrote:
I have one question. Im using Elemental Overload pasive. With this people were saying its better to use faster casting instead controlled destruction for more procs. The problem is with destruction my tooltip dps with golem is 5456, with faster casting only 3790. Ofc Elemental Overload will proc more often but its really worth to lose almost 2k tooltip dps?

This is my current setup:

Leave it that way or maybe change something?

I recommend Orb of Storms, it triggers EO a lot better and you don't need to lose a massive amount of DPS.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 24, 2016, 4:48:43 PM
Tried Orb in boots (had free slot, using Cry-Inc Dur-Vaal Discipline and now Orb) and wow. This is amazing, the buff is up almost all time unless there is gap in monster packs and have to run alot.

really worth the slot.
"
Asag wrote:
Tried Orb in boots (had free slot, using Cry-Inc Dur-Vaal Discipline and now Orb) and wow. This is amazing, the buff is up almost all time unless there is gap in monster packs and have to run alot.

really worth the slot.

Move Vaal Disc somewhere else (e.g. CWDT-IC-ID-VD, don't worry CWDT won't trigger Vaal skills) and add Inc AoE for RC and Orb range boost.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 24, 2016, 7:00:02 PM
Any suggestions for what other defensive mechanics can go in my spare 4-link? I already have Vaal Discipline, CWDT-IC and a Chaos Golem.
"
Won7on wrote:
Any suggestions for what other defensive mechanics can go in my spare 4-link? I already have Vaal Discipline, CWDT-IC and a Chaos Golem.

Chaos Golem?? Bad choice. 4% reduced physical damage is nothing. Flame Golem gives you 50% increased damage (with Asc Elementalist) and it taunts enemies for you just as fine as the chaos one. Give it some resistances too. Support IC with Inc Duration. Flame Dash is great for defense too.

CWDT - IC - Inc Dur - Vaal Discipline
Flame Dash - Flame Golem - Minion Ele Res - Faster Casting
"
Won7on wrote:

Leap Slam/Ground slam - faster attacks - fortify: a way to get fortify, though this is pretty micro-intensive

Animate Guardian - minion life - minion resistances: this can be nice if you load up your minion with some cheap uniques like leer cast and breath of the dying. Requires re-purchasing if he dies, though.

More vaal auras. Vaal haste, more vaal discipline, vaal grace are all solid options. You'd need free hotbar space though.

Summon skeletons - increased duration - spell totem. A way to distract bosses, but this again requires some micro

CWDT phase run allows you to lose aggro from enemies nicely. Not good if you run frenzy charges, however.

CWDT - [Spell of your choice] - Blind: can blind enemies, cutting their hit chance in half. Pretty good mitigation against attacks. Knockback can be socketed as well to get melee mobs away from you.

Vaal Molten Shell - Life leech: this is a great way to recover lots of health in a scary situation. Each time you're hit, you'll explode, dealing damage and recovering ES! Grants some armor as well.

You can combine some of these options as well, such as linking blind to VMS or your fortify attack. Should give you some ideas of what you can do with a spare 4-link!
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info