[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

"
Shimaran wrote:
Hi, I'm currently lvl 84 with this build, but I only have 3k tooltip DPS, even though I use Controlled Destruction instead of Faster Casting....

So what do I need to have DPS comparable to yours ? I have about 1k intelligence (playing self found, gear is not easy to craft), but it looks like I'm missing something...

i have same trouble, at lvl 81, but most of my gear were bought

current Int = 1240

Avr. damage = 3848

my Gear:

Spoiler

jeves:
Spoiler

tree:

Last edited by Mikes_Mekazukatoto on Mar 28, 2016, 10:36:40 AM
"
"
Shimaran wrote:
Hi, I'm currently lvl 84 with this build, but I only have 3k tooltip DPS, even though I use Controlled Destruction instead of Faster Casting....

So what do I need to have DPS comparable to yours ? I have about 1k intelligence (playing self found, gear is not easy to craft), but it looks like I'm missing something...

i have same trouble, at lvl 81, but most of my gear were bought

current Int = 1240

Avr. damage = 3848

The biggest dps boost will come from int and gem lvl/quality. My gems are all 20 %, but not lvl 20 yet - so I'll still get some dps by simply leveling my gems.

I'm currently at 1526 int and using fire pen, ctf, conc, controlled destruction, ele focus, echo I'm at 9,5k avg. damage.

When I remove my rings and boots I'm at 1252 int, leaving me with 7,5k avg. damage.
Switching out controlled destruction for faster casting, I'm at 5k avg. damage.

With 1526 int and fp, ctf, conc, faster casting, ele focus, echo I'm at 6,5k avg. damage.

OP was sitting at above 2k int - so obviously he'll be putting out a lot more damage. At the same time this will boost your ES - refer to Baalorlord's section "Build Theory", you'll see that int boosts this build substantially. Especially the base damage of icestorm itself gets a big boost - so in my case 500 int difference to OP and in yours ~800 or ~1k resp. results in a huge difference in avg. damage. But you can do most content comfortably even with lower damage, that's the beauty of this build.
Jewel hunting currently. Is there a reason %Increased Damage is omitted from the desirable affix list?

Also, does projectile damage affect WI at all?
Finally got all my support gems to 20. What should I do with them, trade in for lv 1 20%s? GCP to 20? Is Vaaling any of them a good idea?

If I was smart, I would have had the exact same 6 gems leveling in the other weapon slot, so I could turn these into 1/20s and have backups ready to go... oh well. I have about 40 GCPs saved up so I can 20% two of em, and I could spend a couple ex qualitying them all if it's worth.
Last edited by Won7on on Mar 29, 2016, 12:32:18 PM
"
Won7on wrote:
Finally got all my support gems to 20. What should I do with them, trade in for lv 1 20%s? GCP to 20? Is Vaaling any of them a good idea?

If I was smart, I would have had the exact same 6 gems leveling in the other weapon slot, so I could turn these into 1/20s and have backups ready to go... oh well. I have about 40 GCPs saved up so I can 20% two of em, and I could spend a couple ex qualitying them all if it's worth.

Leveling an additional set of gems indeed would've been a good idea. I just turned in all the gems and releveled them - at first you'll lose some damage, but they'll quickly surpass your non-quality gems. I wouldn't gcp all of them as this seems quite a waste, though it will save you the time of releveling. If you have 120 gcp lying around, it's your call. Though getting them to lvl 17-19 doesn't take that long.

Vaaling them can net you more quality or an extra level, which will boost damage again. Though you'd want to have them at lvl 20 / 20 % first to have a chance at a better outcome.
Also, how many uniques do I need for Signets to be good? I will probably try to go WI + 2 Signets + Astramentis + Auxium soon, though I'll need to buy some other gear too to fix the resists.
Last edited by Won7on on Mar 29, 2016, 1:35:45 PM
"
Won7on wrote:

Just sell them for the 20% quality. First level are very fast and even with lvl 1 gems you should have no problem in merc. I did this on my Tornado/Puncture ranger and after few dried lake runs I just again went to maps.
Hi, I rolled the enchantment 65% to avoid being stunned if you have killed recently on my boots. Do you think that this enchantment is strong enough to skip Unwavering Stance and spent the 12 passive points elsewhere?
No, you need US for bosses and this enchant wont trigger if no adds.
any tips for increasing fps with this build? my settings :

-shadow q - off
-aa - off
-textures - medium
-texture filtering - tri

no post processing

Nvidia GTX970 G1 / i7 4790k

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info