[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

This Build is amazing! I really love it.

But I have two upgrates that I want to mention here:

First: this Belt
not difficult nor expensive to get. You save a Gemslot and can use Lightning Warp/Portal Gem or even a Golem if you like.

Second: I really advice to use Arc instead of Firestorm to Curse on Hit. It works much more accurate allthough you lose the double rain effect of Ice and Fire ;)
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on Oct 6, 2015, 6:53:34 AM
Hi, noob question here, I'm following this build and it's really fun, my questions is about the gems, which gems to lvl up and to what lvl? also which gems to get them to 20 Q? thanks

Edit: another question, in the builds I see 2 gems setups, 1 is listed in the (Links tab), the other is the gems inside the gear you posted in (My gear Tab), I know there is not much difference but which one to follow? thanks.
Last edited by NBlackLotusN on Oct 6, 2015, 4:12:50 PM
Question regarding rings: have you ever considered wearing double Le Heup of all? it's on a decent budget, and gives an average of say 15% increased damage per ring so 30% increased damage. On top of that it has some all stats and all res, and free rarity to the boot.

I think it's a decent alternative to rare rings.
Its me again. :D I upgraded my gear a bit and due to the free Clarity Aura on my belt I run now a fire Golem.
So I have now 9k Es / 356 Mana with 4 Auras (Clarity, Discipline, Herald of Ice and ArticAr).
For fast Map clearing I have 2650k dmg with buff from Warcry up to 2800.
For Single Boss I come to over 5k Dmg. With the buff even more. :D

For the Questions: there is no alternative to the 2 Peranduz Rings. It provides not only dmg but also ES and Mana.

For the Noob Questions about the Gems: look at my gear. So you can see which gems are q20 and useful. AA is not necessarily q20 anymore. They nerfed it :(

Spoiler
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on Oct 8, 2015, 6:42:49 AM
"
stephanepare wrote:
how do you make your skill last 5.6 seconds without a duration gem exactly? I've taken the same duration nodes on the tree, but I get only 4.5 seconds

The base duration of the skill is determined by your intelligence score - so more int means a longer lasting ice storm. Likely the difference is entirely in the int.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
Does the unique flasks count as equipped itens on the int bonus?
Just started this and only have a 4 soc Whispering ice and not enough currency to 6 soc quite yet, what 2 gems can be dropped easiest without having too huge of an impact?
Scion or witch. Which better class ?
"
sunnal wrote:

My problem now was, that every time I placed an icestorm at a position where the dualstriker would walk the cycloner also showed up and eventually died prior to the dual striker.

Any advice on how to avoid this situation?

I'm sure the OP has better advice, but I found it helpful to position myself closer to the dual striker than the cycloner. I'd then drop ice storms on top of my own head or slightly ahead towards where I plan to run. Both enemies will rush at you, but the one who's closer will generally take more damage. Also, I'm sure you used concentrated effect, but just in case not, reducing the radius will help a lot.
Last edited by anteku on Oct 13, 2015, 5:24:15 PM
"
Ginnryu wrote:
Just started this and only have a 4 soc Whispering ice and not enough currency to 6 soc quite yet, what 2 gems can be dropped easiest without having too huge of an impact?

Echo and Cold to Fire are irreplaceable. The 2 other slots are debatable but I prefer Concentrated Effect and Life Leech.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info