[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

@fonzy
I've been leveling a scion for crit (70atm) and previously used one of my respecs on a 88 witch with crit. It's a lot of fun but very active if you want to keep your numbers really high (keeping golem up, blood rage, rallying cry.) if you want to use a curse on HoT setup you shouldn't go Avatar of Fire. Also points are stretched thin because of all the crit nodes you need to take.

@chridian
Solo MFing would be pretty hard if you're also trying to run the perandus rings since you'd want to have uniques. Buuut I suppose if you're just farming lake you would need around 800ish int(?) to have enough damage to clear it quickly. Doable maybe expensive- and PA is just so much faster.
It's fun to play try it out!
"
Chridian wrote:
Heya!
First of, this build looks really fun and I am quite looking forward to trying it out, I just wanted to ask some stupid questions as is my nature.
I currently play a PA MF build and have gotten quite used to the loot ammount etc, do you think I will get disappointed unless I try to implement the same ammount of MF into this?
The rings, are they still top choice even if you don't have that many uniques?
And lastly, on a scale from Dinner with inlaws to sex on the beach, how fun is this build to play? (because judging from the video it looks fun as hell)

I haven't personally done MFing but I find the drops very rewarding since you get to clear very high level content with a build like this. Finding a level 82 map yourself is a great feeling!

The build is extremely fun to play. Tanky, you get to zip around crazy fast with your quicksilvers, and icestorm itself is awesome to use.
[Build Guide] - Whispering Ice CI Avatar of Fire
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1386145
"
Chridian wrote:
Heya!
First of, this build looks really fun and I am quite looking forward to trying it out, I just wanted to ask some stupid questions as is my nature.
I currently play a PA MF build and have gotten quite used to the loot ammount etc, do you think I will get disappointed unless I try to implement the same ammount of MF into this?
The rings, are they still top choice even if you don't have that many uniques?
And lastly, on a scale from Dinner with inlaws to sex on the beach, how fun is this build to play? (because judging from the video it looks fun as hell)

I'm still levelling it but it's being the most fun build to level I've done. Regarding MF, the clear speed is very good but you obvoiusly don't get so many rares. You will get get a ton of scrolls of wisdom thanks to the Perandus :D. I've been pretty lucky with mine though, after hundreads of Dreied lake runs with my MF character without luck, levelling this I got a brittle emperor in normal. And I just dropped an astramentis, a better one than I had equipped also.
If you would like walking amidst a blizzard that kills everything except you, you have to try it out.
Found a 6 Socket WI on Warbands and will test this Build on standard as soon as the Leagues over.

But I have 2 Questions:
1) I got enough Exalts to buy a Shavronnes. Is this even necessary? Or better use one of these:

2) You dont use a Golem. Any reason for that?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Also: did you ever used Empower?
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on Sep 22, 2015, 9:46:51 AM
"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
Found a 6 Socket WI on Warbands and will test this Build on standard as soon as the Leagues over.

But I have 2 Questions:
1) I got enough Exalts to buy a Shavronnes. Is this even necessary? Or better use one of these:

2) You dont use a Golem. Any reason for that?

Thanks for the answers in advance.

Also: did you ever used Empower?

IMO a shavronne's is too much loss of ES to be worth using with this build. We dont really have the points to spare into aura nodes anyway. Get a 700-800 ES chest with +int and go nuts.

I don't use a golem because I dont want to deal with the hassle of re-summoning it all the time. I play high-end content that slaughters golems pretty quick. If you can keep yours alive or dont mind the re-summoning, its probably worth using a golem.

Empower does not do anything for Icestorm (the skill cannot progress beyond level 1).
In your experience do +Elemental Damage nodes double dip?
i.e. do they add to cold dmg, get converted, then add to fire dmg as well?
"
thurmack wrote:
In your experience do +Elemental Damage nodes double dip?
i.e. do they add to cold dmg, get converted, then add to fire dmg as well?

No, the only nodes on the tree that double dip are the cold and fire damage nodes in the Snowforged cluster
"
Baalorlord wrote:

IMO a shavronne's is too much loss of ES to be worth using with this build. We dont really have the points to spare into aura nodes anyway. Get a 700-800 ES chest with +int and go nuts.

I don't use a golem because I dont want to deal with the hassle of re-summoning it all the time. I play high-end content that slaughters golems pretty quick. If you can keep yours alive or dont mind the re-summoning, its probably worth using a golem.

Empower does not do anything for Icestorm (the skill cannot progress beyond level 1).

Thx for ur quick answers. Helps a lot!!
Last edited by StorgutBorsit on Sep 23, 2015, 3:09:26 AM
nice build man
Hey, had a quick question.. Do the unique jewels and flasks you run increase the int provided from the Perandus Signets as well? Or just your armor.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info