[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

I attempted to level as an ES character, not wanting to spend the respec points, and I must say, it went very, very smoothly. I also used zombies with added life/added resist/life on hit instead of a cwdt so far (level 59) and it works like an absolute charm.

So far I have no complaints about the build, it's awesome. I've got my cwdt setup ready to switch whenever my zombies stop being tanky enough. I've also given it a little twist with making my CoH setup into a manual greater aoe firestorm instead. Things die before even hitting me, it's so fun.
"
Hey, had a quick question.. Do the unique jewels and flasks you run increase the int provided from the Perandus Signets as well? Or just your armor.

Unfortunately flasks do not count :(
Spoiler

Amazing build i had so much fun play it. So tanky, easy fast clearing with hard mods and capable doing double bosses on those maps.

I'm mad at myself i had forgat about this new skill. If i would tried this build as my 1st or 2nd char on Warbands i would went for 100lvl. I have done 77-79s maps with hardest mods with no trouble. Only elemental reflect mod wasn't fun; doable but so slow to clear with huge risk of lost 10%exp and getting 3-7%exp. Not worth it. Later on I have rerolled every one of them.
One thing was getting me killed time to time - corrupted blood. Mostyly i didnt pay attencion if my flask with remove blood had charges and i had used adrenaline quicksilver flask.

I was curious of new bosses on 80s and 82s but to invest around 16ex for them its to much spending copere to only get 5th challange with tiny chance for geting any map back. I hope next patch ll make a diffrence on maps drops, not only theoretically. I'm 92 atm and i'm going to grind some more lvls on std with maps i have from last leagues. I'll challenge those bosses for sure.

Thanks for build.
The build is very nice, it has very good dps (especially when u stack icestorms on top of each other)
and its surprisingly tanky, i got 11k ES atm (1400int and not high ES chest) at 92lvl and i can tank pretty many stuff while leeching.

This build is high end game and the op proved it by clearing alluring abyss (easier than other builds i would say).

Also icestorm has the benefit of doing constant dps while u can move and dodge stuff. Thats why I stay and kill bosses in 78+ maps while everyone else is going out or dying.

I am very very impressed with this build which became my main build after I saw this guide.
Very nice guide @Baalorlord and the videos I liked them pretty much.

I would like to ask you something, is it possible to add a video of a 81 or 82 map? map Daresso or maybe Core map bosses (even better).

Thanks!
So I've been gradually getting gear together for this build while playing other chars, and I recently got incredibly lucky and chanced a Shav's. I know some other Whispering ice builds use it, but I've seen no mention of it in this thread.

I would like to use it, but is a good rare chest simply completely superior in your opinion? Could I just run an aura or two extra with blood magic and grab pain attunement for a bit of extra damage?

I haven't run an ES based char before, let alone tried to do something with low life.

hi will the dmg over time part of this jewel also work?

thx

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
"
trashs1 wrote:

thx

anyone knows?=

-~Shop for the price awarded player~- view-thread/375747
"
trashs1 wrote:
"
trashs1 wrote:

thx

anyone knows?=

no it will not work
<< the journey is the destination >>
how do you make your skill last 5.6 seconds without a duration gem exactly? I've taken the same duration nodes on the tree, but I get only 4.5 seconds
Hey there!

At first, very nice build and very nice guide!
I´m playing a whispering ice scion in the 1month sc race and must say it´s really a cool skill and a lot of fun!

Now, after I got myself around 6.5k ES and around 2k average damage I decided to try my luck at atziri.

The dual vaals were really easy and I had not the slightest problem killing them.
The trio however was a problem.
In the video you say chip down the dual striker to get rid of him since he moves alot and is annoying to hit.

My problem now was, that every time I placed an icestorm at a position where the dualstriker would walk the cycloner also showed up and eventually died prior to the dual striker.

Any advice on how to avoid this situation?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info