[2.2] A Storm of Ice and Fire - Avatar of Fire CI Whispering Ice - Uber Viable!

-
Last edited by Bannedfromdiablo on Oct 28, 2015, 3:44:04 AM
Hey, guys. o/

I wanted to share my version of the build.

First of all, thanks to Baalorlord for the awesome build which I copied. We all have varying tastes and from awesome builds, tangents sprout.

Here's my tangent...

I wanted regen instead of Vaal Pact, I wanted a longer Immortal call, I wanted self sustaining mana and I wanted more physical mitigation.

I dropped Vaal Pact and the whole of the area between Scion and Shadow.
I picked up Zealot's Oath and instead left the Scion start via the left arm, through Shaper and picked up Potency of Will instead of Exceptional Performance.

The Fertile Mind dex conversion that was dropped from near Vaal Pact was moved to the 4%ele/4%ele/Jewel by and including Agility.

I use Blood Dance boots, I took the Frenzy Charge Bandit and I took Frenetic Frenzy Charge on tree. I've dropped the jewel by Melding for now but will be picking it up again in 2 levels.

With the extra mana gained and with Arctic Armour, Discipline and Herald of Ice linked with lvl 4 Enlighten I can run a lvl 21 Clarity with no Enlighten and have 200 mana unreaserved. Rallying Cry is switched to Enduring Cry to help sustain Endurance Charges, Rallying Cry can be swapped back in for certain map mods.

I moved Frost Wall into the chest CwDT set up alongside Firestorm and added Warlord's Mark. In a 6 link set up, CwDT lvl 1 proccing both lvl 1 Frostwall and lvl 8 Firestorm which in turn both CoH Temp Chains and Warlord's Mark. I took Whispers of Doom in the tree.

Immortal Call was then changed to a 20/20 gem, linked to a lvl 20 CwDT and sharing Increased Duration with Vaal Discipline.

I also run a Flame Golem.

For general mapping I can rely on regen and Warlord's for leech, so I dropped Life Leech gem for Added Cold (A 20/23 HoI just wins out over a 21/20 in this case). For curse immune maps I will use a different Whispering Ice which has Life Leech gem instead of Added Cold.

The basic mechanics of the build are that I use Enduring Cry to get 3 Endurance Charges, my frenzy charges rapidly cap at 5. I'm proccing Firestorm and Frostwall on low damage taken, chilling and Chaining as normal but also cursing with Warlord's Mark. My Immortal Call will not be firing at low damage but not until 3272 damage is taken when it will be up for over 3 seconds and will always have 3 Endurance Charges at its disposal, which will immediately be replaced when consumed, either from Warlord's Mark or from Enduring Cry. In short, I trade in ES for regen and more reliable physical mitigation.

My gear is constantly changing, those who know me know I don't trade but it needs pointed out to explain oddities (for example I'm still waiting on a 3rd Brute Force Solution, vended shit loads and only kept 2, well, they refuse to drop, now). I'm using a rare belt atm for resists and ES. I'm waiting on exalt drops to attempt to finish several glove crafts. Int took a bit of a hit recently, I aim to get that back up to close to 1600.

Defence in HO

Defence in Map

Offence in Map

Gear at time of post

Tree at time of Post

Fun tidbit: I was rotating Whispering Ices, divining the worst of the 4 I had and using the best as and when divines dropped, trying to hit that 12/18 when a 6 socket Whispering Ice dropped. That was funny enough but it ID'd 12/18. It was also 1 colour off what I was using. 3 Chromes later and it's a 6 soc perfect tWI with my colours. If that wasn't freaky enough, this was before I switched to Added Cold instead of Life Leech. The staff actually dropped 6 soc, perfect rolls with the right colours I'm using now.

Dafuq?

Thanks again, Baalorlord and I hope you guys like 'A Dance of Ice and Fire, Whispering Doom'.

\o

Casually casual.

thoughs on CULLIN STRIKE?
I, like others, wanted to share my experiences. I went a bit of a different direction and its working great. As it doesn't have stun immunity I would not call it Uber viable, but lets be honest, far less than 1% of active players ever even see Uber Atziri much less kill her.

This is the tree I am using at 91;

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAAAwABAO4EBw18DkgQWBEtEVARlhVQFdcZihpsGoEajxzcHRQdTx8CHxgpTyo4Kk0snCy_LOktHy2oL281uTbFPydFR0ZxSshMs1BCUXRR-1ZjWW1d8l8qX2pfmF-wZlRtGW-ecLt7w3_GgpuC5IMJg_eExYV7hq6Gs4dliq-MNox2jxqPRo_6kBGTJ5UglwabtZ2unjyhL6IuoqOmmacIpyuvja-bsZC0DLUEt9a-gL6KvrzAZsHFwfPDOsSiykrK080WzzLQH9DQ1abYJNkT21nhiOQi6rrr5Ovu7BjsOO_r9tr7CQ==

I am playing around with my gear right now but I use only one rare and it is this one;

I have that set up as 3R/1B normally and then its a CWDT/IC/Inc Dur/Flame Dash

What is important to note is the Int, Mana and Lightning Res. That Lightning Res is the ONLY resistance I need to obtain.

All the rest of my gear are uniques

Astramentis
2x Perandus
Bated Breath/Auxium/Perandus based on need (Auxium for cold maps and Perandus for fire)
Whispering Ice (duh)
Black Sun Crest (2R 2B)
Asenath's Gentle Touch (2R 2B) - +2 Vaal Skills
Sin Trek (3B 1G)

Gem choices for WI Staff are exactly the same as OP. From there I do things a little differently.

Black Sun Crest (2R 2B) = Enlighten L3 - Empower L3 - Discipline - Flame Golem
Asenath's Gentle Touch (2R 2B) = Rallying Cry or Enduring Cry - Inc Dur - Vaal Disc x 2
Note: Mine has +2 Vaal Skills for monster Vaal Discipline
Sin Trek (3B 1G) = Enlighten L3 - Clarity - Purity of Elements - Arctic Armor
Rare Chest (3R 1B) = CWDT L1 - IC - Inc Dur - Flame Dash

I use four Fertile Minds. Two on my way to Vaal Pact and two on the south Scion branch. Then two Brute Force on the left side of the tree. The other three open jewel slots are used for 3 Resist All gems with the best other mods I can find. Currently they are Resist All, +Dex/Int and 15%+ damage gems. You don't need the dex, its just what I could afford :)

So what is the end result of all of this? First and foremost you have capped resistance in cold and fire by running Purity of Elements with those Aura Nodes. You can craft lightning resist on your rare chest and that takes care of capping your light resist.

At 91 I am running with 1852 Int and my DPS for maps (Faster Casting/Hypo) is slightly over 2900. For bosses (Conc Effect/Added Cold) it is almost 5200. This is with an active Flame Golem but without any bonus from Rallying Cry. This could be higher as I am only running a 16% WI staff. So I have left 2% extra Int on the table. My Asenath's and Sin Treks are both 30 Int, my Black Sun is 15% and my Astra is 16/93.

I can run Discipline, Purity of Elements, Arctic Armor and Clarity at max level. With the +32% to aura effects your Discipline, Purity and Clarity are quite powerful. Particularly the Empowered Discipline which provides almost 3k energy shield. ES without Vaal Disc engaged is close to 9k and with Vaal Disc engaged its 17k. Oh and Mana Regen is sufficient to spam WI without pause no matter what the gem setup.

You can use Rallying Cry for added damage or Enduring Cry for added survivability. Set CWDT/IC to your level of choice, but make sure your Flame Dash out levels your CWDT. You get a nice level 24 Flame Golem out of your Black Sun.

Its definitely not a low budget build but its obtainable by most steady players. Probably around 20 Exa and allows you to do everything short of Uber Atziri with high survivability. Massive credit to the OP for the roots of this build. I just wanted to add a mid range build that most players can obtain. Higher levels will be used to chase down more Int and maybe I can reach 95 for one more jewel slot.

Happy hunting
Last edited by Cragwell on Oct 29, 2015, 9:16:30 AM
How can you play without US, chain stun and you are a dead man. I'm playing with US (Witch) and got 4.4k DPS IC / CE, almost 11k ES. For AoE it's like 2.4k ... so you are 600 Av. dps more then but, but I doubt it's worth to lose like 2-2.5k ES.
I haven't really experienced any problems with stun. In fact from level 88-91 I haven't even had a death? Maybe I play conservatively?

Are you using Asenath's? Everything is Temp Chains and on ice patches. They move pretty slowly. When things get hairy I pop a Vaal Discipline and run away. Most maps I don't even do that.

I did a double boss Necropolis map by accident (I was stupid and didn't read the two bosses before entering the room) with a single Sapphire flask and managed to kill them both without too much trouble. Though I did curse up a storm when I realize there were two of them. I had to use both Vaal Disc and went through that flask.

Truth be told I am looking to get 6S/6L on my chest so I can add some more CWDT defenses, but this is just more for completing the project than an actual need. My plans for CWDT will be IC/Summon Skells/Enfeeble or Frost Wall. That should add some more survivability but if anything I have found the build to be very tanky.

Just my own experiences.
Anyone care to offer there opinion on a low life version of this build?
"
AgonyEvolved wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1343007/page/1
"
mayanrm wrote:
"
AgonyEvolved wrote:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1343007/page/1

found that shortly after posting haha, thank you :d
"
Chaozhax wrote:
Will try this build in new the next 1month league

whats the best to level with a new league?

anyone?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info