Greater Multiple Projectiles

There's probably plenty mentions of this. Balls if I know where.

It's simply how the game works. If you hit three monsters with a Crit LMP Lightning Arrow, they are all Shocked once. Why would it be any different when you hit the same monster three times?
"
TwiiK wrote:
What do you mean? I've seen no indication that GMP can't hit one target with all the projectiles meaning GMP will always be the superior options if you can afford the mana cost.

GMP = 5 projectiles and 50% reduced damage = 250% damage increase

LMP = 3 projectiles and 30% reduced damage = 210% damage increase

Necro'ing this thread.

I'm trying to ascertain whether to use lmp or GMP on my 6l shiver build. Anecdotally, GMP feels like it does more shotgun damage than lmp. I was surprised at this, as people generally say that GMP will shotgun with, at most, 3 projectiles. No one can tell me if lmp can reliably shotgun with 3 projectiles too.

Does anyone have a view on shotgun-ability of lmp vs GMP?

Also, with GMP I can virtually permanent freeze map piety with GMP when face tanking her.

P.
if a single bolt isn't going to freeze, any number won't freeze. 5 proc chances might but the damage is low individually, they don't add up as one hit.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
if a single bolt isn't going to freeze, any number won't freeze. 5 proc chances might but the damage is low individually, they don't add up as one hit.

Is this true if you shotgun? I was wondering about this, because I can virtually perma freeze map piety on a 4-5 person temple run if I run up and face tank piety with FP (albeit this is a 6l FP setup supported by FC-ColdPen-GMP-LL-pcoc).

P.
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Is this true if you shotgun? I was wondering about this, because I can virtually perma freeze map piety on a 4-5 person temple run if I run up and face tank piety with FP (albeit this is a 6l FP setup supported by FC-ColdPen-GMP-LL-pcoc).

P.
then your damage is high enough to get some % of her hp worth in damage from any single one of your bolts, and due to the high number, a greater chance at freeze procing due to effects of freezing pulse. being in a party does not change ability to status effect or stun.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
mrpetrov wrote:

P.
then your damage is high enough to get some % of her hp worth in damage from any single one of your bolts, and due to the high number, a greater chance at freeze procing due to effects of freezing pulse. being in a party does not change ability to status effect or stun.

Got it, thanks mate. I guess I didn't appreciate that GMP increases the chance of freeze procing due to large number of bolts (as long as they individually do the min damage to proc a freeze).

P.
I finally got around to emulating Piety's Siege Mode... GMP with Ice Shot did end up looking fun - it's visceral seeing all the sparkles everywhere. It's just not feasible in any sort of min/max sort of way.

I knew that Split Arrow would be strictly stronger by a good margin, but I didn't appreciate how much so until I got in game, saw the horror of what 50% less damage combined with -1 sockets can do, ran the actual math, and found that GMP Ice Shot is solidly 50% as much damage as Split Arrow. (And FYI, its ice damage will be only about 25% more than Split Arrow's ice damage.)

This means that, for it to be on-par, it has to hit a monster with an ice cone, pierce a target, then hit that guy again. Even then, it's coming significantly behind - its not hitting the outer monsters two times after all.

I guess I'm still not overly fond of the multi proj mechanics - sure Lightning Arrow and spells get to shotgun, but practically everything else can not. Lightning Arrow triggers its proc on each hit, but Fireball does not. Why not? Its all just very arbitrary.

Chain is in this boat as well - it feels like its been warped down into the ground just for this one skill, this Lightning Arrow. I know a lot of people would hate it since it'd be such a huge change, but I'd prefer it if spells didn't shotgun (except for those who have it built in as a feature they're balanced around, such as Spark), Lightning Arrow's pinions did half the initial hit's damage, and we could have these projectile coverage amplifiers buffed up in strength to make them viable to use with almost everything.

"
This means that, for it to be on-par, it has to hit a monster with an ice cone, pierce a target, then hit that guy again. Even then, it's coming significantly behind - its not hitting the outer monsters two times after all.
Assuming you're going up against a large enough pack of monsters, this is exactly what it does. It does have an AoE component, after all, and that AoE does deal damage.

Overall, I believe this support is heinously overpowered. It needs both a worse damage penalty. Assuming all the projectiles hit, it's a 250% damage multiplier over a single projectile. That is simply too good to be allowed.

For more discussion, please read this Feedback forum thread.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
yeah, gem seems incredibly overpowered, as well as LMP.
Question, about a FP user : If I use GMP + FP and crit, will the freeze duration calculation take :
a) The whole dmg dealt ? (i.e. the 50*5=250% dmg)
b) The dmg 1 proj deals ? (i.e. 50% dmg)

Thanks by advance !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info