Greater Multiple Projectiles

ok cool thnx, lvl 31 gem? I see...
This gem seems entirely too powerful for the game, especially compared to any other option available.

Another problem is the issues it brings to performance, both in terms of graphics and sound. Most spell effects are too graphically intensive when multiplied 5 times, but some, if not all, are also too sound intensive, especially when multiplied 10 times, e.g. the very common dual totem builds.

I see no reason to skip this gem for any skill that can use it because of the benefits it gives both in terms of single- and multi target dps. I also don't see why anyone would choose Lesser Multiple Projectiles over this, except for intermediary use until you find this gem or can afford it in terms of resource usage and/or currency items.
"
TwiiK wrote:
I also don't see why anyone would choose Lesser Multiple Projectiles over this, except for intermediary use until you find this gem or can afford it in terms of resource usage and/or currency items.

GMP is only ever a downgrade from LMP when facing 3 or fewer enemies, which happens on fair occasion. Against larger packs, I prefer killing 3 quicker over 5 slower. As such, I never really liked GMP. *shrug*
What do you mean? I've seen no indication that GMP can't hit one target with all the projectiles meaning GMP will always be the superior options if you can afford the mana cost.

GMP = 5 projectiles and 50% reduced damage = 250% damage increase

LMP = 3 projectiles and 30% reduced damage = 210% damage increase
only spells "shotgun" (except ether knieves) and thus gmp may or may not actually be boosting anything for bow users.
I recently got a GMP gem from a large chest. I use it on a spell totem with ice spear and faster casting, but I could never see myself using this support not on a totem due to the mana cost.
Julius's path of exile wine bundle for mac here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/48708/page/1
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
only spells "shotgun" (except ether knieves) and thus gmp may or may not actually be boosting anything for bow users.

And then you have skills like LS which has 3 projectiles to start with. The upgrade from 5 to 7 projectiles with GMP doesn't increase the total dps then - but still comes with a higher mana cost and worse single target dps.
IGN Standard: HolyPatman
IGN Anarchy: UnholyPatman
Hi I have been trying to find this information everywhere but I'm having no luck :( When you crit any elemental damage you can get shock (lightning) or freeze (cold) whose length is determined by the amount of damage you do relative to enemy health pool. So if you're essentially splitting your damage into five projectiles, and they all hit one target, does he get shocked/frozen for the combined elemental damage of one skill cast, or for each individual projectile?
Every projectile is a separate hit, and every hit applies its own Shock/Freeze/etc.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Every projectile is a separate hit, and every hit applies its own Shock/Freeze/etc.

Do you mean to say then, with Multiple Projectiles, or Lesser Multiple Projectiles and a skill that does lightning damage crits (like Lightning arrow), and I cast that skill ONCE, and all three projectiles hit the target, then I will have effectively triple stacked shock on a mob, with each crit LA doing 40% more damage than the last from that one skill cast?

Is there somewhere where this is mentioned (I can't find it in any GGG comments, the mechanics thread or the wiki) specifically?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info