Mana Leech

"
boof wrote:
"
Targuil wrote:
"
Zakaluka wrote:
wiki says that quality is +1% leech per quality, same for life leech.

Is this true? Seems pretty far fetched. That'd be 24% manaleech. Or is it, rather, 4% * 1.20 = 4.8%? Seems more reasonable.

Thanks!

Neither. It is mana leech rate % which is increase to the cap of speed you can regen mana per second by leeching. Normally 12,5% max mana per second. It increases that valueby 20% so 12,5%*1,2=15%

My brain just exploded.

Can someone explain this a bit more clearly?

A plain 1% leech gem leeches 1% of damage dealt by skill.

A 20% quality 1% leech gem leeches ????
The exact same amount, but you get it back faster. Qualitiy increases the leech rate, not the amount.
It would be nice if this and life leech scaled on each level. I think it's confusing to new players, who expect a change to the gem when they level it up. Increasing the gem's strength by 0.2% leech per level, in between the greater jumps every 6 levels or so. ie

level 1: 1.0%
1.2%
1.4%
1.6%
1.8%
level 6: 2.0%

If balance is a concern, you could just have the gem increase by 0.1% every level, then jump up 0.5% every 6 levels.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
anu - in some situations, skill and support tooltips round. For instance, you can tell this way: look at your main skill with the most links.

I have a level 13 +20% lightning strike on my templar. The gem's mouseover tooltip says it has 12 mana cost. I have Weapon Elemental Damage, Elemental Proliferation, and Faster Attacks linked to it - these are the only supports with mana cost multipliers. That's 170%, 140%, and 115% respectively. Mana cost should be 32.8, then. That would display as 33, yes?

But actually, on skill mouseover I'm showing LS at 32, not 33. Then, 32/(1.7*1.4*1.15) = 11.7

If I do something similar for GH, gem says 12 mana. But tooltip says 23/(1.7*1.15) = 11.8

BOTH these figures round (the skill tooltip and the gem tooltip) so you can't use either of them. The point is, that the displayed stats on your gem mouseover are rounded. You might already be getting 0.2% leech per level on manaleech. But who knows.
Let a man walk alone -
Let him commit no sin.
Let him bear few wishes,
Like an elephant in the forest.
Last edited by Zakaluka on Aug 15, 2012, 12:28:12 PM
Make this gem less rare ive not seen one since 9.3.

Really "dude wheres my mana leech gem".
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:

it is a quest reward in act 2 cruel mode for dex classes, or act 1 ruthless.
qstion: does it work only on hit, or can i use it for my poison arrow wich gives a dot-cloud for a few seconds.
You do not leech from the DoT.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

Even more annoying then, as ive already done those quests long ago when the rewards where useless,
I really dont fancy having to level a ranger to ruthless again sigh and as for trading for 1 lol i think it would be easier to level a ranger.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
"
maxor wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
maxor wrote:

Even more annoying then, as ive already done those quests long ago when the rewards where useless,
I really dont fancy having to level a ranger to ruthless again sigh and as for trading for 1 lol i think it would be easier to level a ranger.
well if the "long ago" was before the recent patch, then the reward list already refreshed.
Can anyone please link the gem? I wish these gems were shown in the first post every time =/ thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info