Item Rarity

The new Patch seems to have removed the impact of the gem on casts. I got no enhanced effect any more on Fireball, Firestorm or Arc. I tested some hours now with and without gem, no difference.

Can anyone confirm this?
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
wuweird wrote:
Does the IR increase count for enemy killed by the ongoing effect of an attack, such as the AoE poison of Poison Arrow? Or is it only for direct kills by the projectile?
No. Currently these supports can only apply to actual hits with the supported skill. We hope to change this in future.
"
Umbraal wrote:
It's based on the last thing that hit the monster, degeneration doesn't deal damage and doesn't hit monsters. If you killed something with the poison cloud it would get increased drops but if you attacked it with something else first and then it died to poison then it would not get the benefit.
This is not the case.

I'm bringing that up now that changes have been made about dots.

Is it still the case ?

"
Isrem wrote:
I found a Rarity Gem with my Witch, linked it to Firestorm => yellow and blue rain of items + orbs, great
Got one with my Shadow, linked it to Double Strike => nothing, I made 4 dock runs and 3 different zones for testing, really nothing (and yes, the gem was properly linked)
I transferred the gem to my ranger and linked it to Split Arrow => yellow and blue rain again, works great

So, Double Strike seems not to work with this gem.

I'm afraid that it's not enough of a sample to have proper reliable results, considering the impact on one gem on it.
Now, you may be right, but can't be sure from this.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
IIQ/R Supports now apply to Damage over Time.
It's completely unrelated to the damage refactor on Damage over Time effects btw.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 29, 2013, 8:40:16 AM
How come ? it wasn't working before this patch, was it ?
I though that they probably reworked dots so that they would be closer to what other spells are, and this would just explain it.

( btw, do you have a source for that ? because if it's just empirical and from this patch, it will need more time to get confirmed )
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 29, 2013, 9:06:03 AM
Mark's words saying the same thing.
Thx !
good to know.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Is there a reason this change is not working with the burn from righteous fire?
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:

um... it DOES work with RF's burn.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
"
"
Vipermagi wrote:

um... it DOES work with RF's burn.

Have you tried linking it to RF? It does not appear on the skill icon with the little 'R', nor does it show up in the stats screen under the 'Increased rarity of items dropped by slain monsters'.
then thats an issue to look into, however rarity and quant DOES work on DoT skills... =/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info