Item Rarity

"
trixytim wrote:
I was curious about the level progression of these gems. It seems that you get very little increase to the +item rarity as you level the gem, so little that it hardly seems worth it to actively try and level them. If I get another of these I will purposefully NOT level it so that I can move it between characters of different levels without having to worry about lvl reqs.

Is this slow progression an intentional balance issue?

It seems to be
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
Works fine for me. I do notice a difference.

If you can handle it, replace another support that would add damage and put in this one. Your reward is more rare items. It starts at 42% which is more than most single items, with the exception of gold jewelry that rolls an increased rarity mod on it.
ROFL_Meat | ROFL_Sorc | ROFL_Sausage
Wait are you saying these stack? I was under the impression only a single bonus for each type of support gem applied to each linked skill.
Does this work with buffs/curses, ie. applied to kills while a buff is active?
As far as I am aware, only one of these supports will work per skill. It's a difficult thing to test for certain, but if you go to the 2nd tab of character and look at the skill in question, it should tell you what the bonus is.

Rarity and Quantity supports only work when the skill attached to them causes the killing blow on any particular monster. Curses can't cause direct damage, so they can't get a killing blow.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
Hi,

I got into beta just before the free weekend,got to level 44 and found a rarity gem support. No matter what combinations i tried with it, linking it to active skills, placing it alone and so on, i couldn't make it work, meaning that my MF was still 44% from other items instead of 44+30 from the gem. The 44% chance is nice, i've seen a great increase in item quality, but i would like to test it further and seems i am stuck. I am playing a marauder, but i don't think the item rarity is limited to Witch class(because of color) considering other blue skill gems work fine.
I got into beta and I was HAPPY, but then I took an arrow to the knee...
Last edited by MadCowMilk on Apr 2, 2012, 5:59:34 AM
I got this Gem & it didn't work for me. I checked in My character sheet - the % was 56%(which I had before that from rings & an amulet)....
*edit*: apparently wrong, ignore this *sadface*
The character sheet will show the increase in magic find/rarity, since it is not a overall bonus but a bonus that applies specifically when you kill a monster with a linked spell.
Last edited by Wightnish on Apr 4, 2012, 11:27:09 AM
It should show on the character sheet if you select the supported skill to see that skill's stats.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info