Increased Critical Strikes

I was going to post about how underpowered this support is, but it looks like everybody did the work for me.

I would like to add something though about how this gem should be balanced. I think this support should be the solution for characters wanting a crit support but who are not in the power-charge zone of the tree. In that respect, it should offer at least as good crit chance as a 3-charge pcoc at max level, with quality bonus of 2% per point (for 40% total). So about 200% crit chance at max level and max quality. Not as good as a 5+ charges PCoC support, but it has no tree investment required and no charge-up time, so I think its appropriate.

edit (12/18/2014): Please ignore this feedback, they pretty much all fixed it like that in 1.3, except for the quality which is a tad underwhelming.
Last edited by Thalandor on Dec 18, 2014, 9:53:00 AM
I hear this is buffed in the beta, but I agree that it needs some work. I like the idea that PCoC is for those capping crit and this is a more 'flat' addition of crit chance like the Assassin's Mark curse that would have more effect on those with lower base crit and less crit stacking. Right now crit is pretty all or nothing - cap it or go home. PCoC is just better at that for crit builds working with higher base crit chances. I'd like to see this used to make it make more sense to get a mid-range crit chance efficiently enough to be worth even considering.
"
C0Y0T3_SLY wrote:
I hear this is buffed in the beta, but I agree that it needs some work. I like the idea that PCoC is for those capping crit and this is a more 'flat' addition of crit chance like the Assassin's Mark curse that would have more effect on those with lower base crit and less crit stacking. Right now crit is pretty all or nothing - cap it or go home. PCoC is just better at that for crit builds working with higher base crit chances. I'd like to see this used to make it make more sense to get a mid-range crit chance efficiently enough to be worth even considering.

nope its not buffed in the beta, values at each lvl are still the same. (though now lvl1 gem can be used at character lvl8).

this gem can be used in occasions where pcoc cannot be used (eg.traps/totems) but with the introduction of some new powerful supports (eg. the new trap-mine dmg gem in beta that gives MORE dmg modifier) theres less and less reason to use this gem anymore. so if this is not reworked i feel it should be buffed even more still.

PLEASE !!!!!!!!!!!!! remove the base critical strike chance on increased critical strikes... it has become completely ridiculous early game...you may have added it with consideration to some type of builds but the early game and end game has become completely boring and insane just because of that one gem...

let me give you an example....im doing crit kinetic blast at the moment in perandus league and i have 95% crit chance with just 3 power charges and 70% crit chance without charges at lvl 55 ... before this buff people doing this build would have max 60% crit chance without charges and around 7079% with charges... and you had to have crit on almost all items ..... except chest piece and shield.. now?? u only need to have two rings and one wand...to get that... .yes you have to sacrifice one gem slot in main link BUT it you will have SO much freedom while choosing gear and allotting passives now...frankly it makes the builds boring and unimaginative..

another example is spell casters like freezing pulse and others....they can easily get around 75-80% crit chance without power charges.. with addition of shadow ascendancy you get 95% crit chance almost all time...and you can stack extreme amounts of crit multiplier now with jewels and tree . what is the reason for going non crit builds then>>>????? or another when you can just add this gem and boom you have insane crit chance right from the start......... it makes the game EXTREMELY boring...

Crit builds were fairly expensive before this and used to be innovative cuz they had to balance tankiness AND had to have SUSTAINED or BURST damage....now you can add this gem and go 5-6k life no prob cuz you can pretty much drop rats nest maaligaros or any other item with crit chance... crit builds are all abut dishing out damage while being very squishy and relying on player skill to evade attacks or just out leech ... you either sacrificed damage for life or viceversa .. but now people have 5-7k life while they also have insane damage....where is the balance in that...
HI, i like to check why when i equip my increase crit strike support. There is no chances to the crit chance on my main hand.

thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info