Increased Area of Effect

"
Avelice wrote:
Please give some love to this gem. The mana multiplier is huge for an admittedly minor effect. I see two possible avenues for this gem:

1) Give no mana multiplier and keep the current form. This would function as a utility support, giving spells a quality of life upgrade since giving up a gem link is a huge sacrifice.

2) Buff the amount of AOE, as the current amount just isn't worth giving up a link. If the increase was larger, then the skill could really help out some skills to be better at AOE clearing. As it is, I don't think it will really improve it that much.

There's a problem with needing "enough to get everything". Namely, if you can't clear an entire group with one ability, then the area modifiers you spent aren't so useful. It's like if you do 99 damage but the enemy has 100 HP. You might as well just as had 50 damage since it still takes two hits to kill them. This is the same thing with this skill, only with area. I think as a result of this effect this gem is much less useful than it could be.

I think the common theme here is that this support just isn't worth the link. So the real question to answer is what needs to happen for this gem to be worth (at least sometimes) giving up a link.

This!

No Mana Multiplier!
Buff AoE from lvl: 10% each lvl
Buff Quality
Make after 12 lvl new stat: More AoE
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
no full offense but you're giving bad suggestions...

if anything the gem would be changed to a 130% or 125% mana and instead increase 1.5% per level and start lower (so, 10 to 40%)
or
140% or 135% mana for 10 to 50%
most useless suggestions... soul4hdwn
What you write... just no, not even worth a try.

10% from 1 level looks better and worth a lot and looks like a buff, not what you ask 'full offense' bait.
inc AoE starts at 14% currently... so no it'll lower the start to raise the higher end. if people want a buff, thats the most evenly done (and clean) way to do it.

what the other person spammed various supports is WAY too high of any reasonable buff.

balancing is a tweeking deal, not a "oh lets make this op so when its too strong we'll nerf it back down". =/
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
inc AoE starts at 14% currently... so no it'll lower the start to raise the higher end. if people want a buff, thats the most evenly done (and clean) way to do it.

what the other person spammed various supports is WAY too high of any reasonable buff.

balancing is a tweeking deal, not a "oh lets make this op so when its too strong we'll nerf it back down". =/

What? Who the other person? You come here for blame/spam/war?

Maybe in your vision other ppl cant get their opinion? Or YOUR opinion right, when other unclean and mistaken with everything? Do you Game dev or world expert?

99% said that Increased Area of Effect as he is now are shit and needed HUGE buff, and you with your expert opinion come and call other person spammed... right, 0,5% buff will change EVERYTHING and AoE will become ULTRA good support gem.

No Mana Multiplier!
Buff Quality
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
soul4hdwn wrote:

What? Who the other person? You come here for blame/spam/war?

Maybe in your vision other ppl cant get their opinion? Or YOUR opinion right, when other unclean and mistaken with everything? Do you Game dev or world expert?

99% said that Increased Area of Effect as he is now are shit and needed HUGE buff, and you with your expert opinion come and call other person spammed... right, 0,5% buff will change EVERYTHING and AoE will become ULTRA good support gem.

No Mana Multiplier!
Buff Quality
increased AoE is already a really a good support gem used by most people in any aoe non-projectile build. 43% increased radius doubles the are.

are you really advocating 10% increased radius per level AND buff to quality ? then this gem would be mandatory as hell.
i'm glad someone else finally spoke up and said similar, this was only case i caused an argument =p
The gem itself isnt trash, but mana multiplier is quite harsh. In my opinion, it should be like 120%.

Also, consider, that some AoE skills (auras, curses) have innate AoE bonus, making AoE gem bonus miserable.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Dec 27, 2014, 4:12:15 PM
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
The gem itself isnt trash, but mana multiplier is quite harsh. In my opinion, it should be like 120%.

Also, consider, that some AoE skills (auras, curses) have innate AoE bonus, making AoE gem bonus miserable.

Mana multiplier change NOTHING at all, absolutely nothing.

The effect that gem does should be HUGELY buffed, make it stronger and worthy a slot, right now its lesser wanted gem and one of most useless.
And one more thing - uses for that gem to increase aoe, but you can get same amount or close to that gem from tree or class, while other gems provide MUCH more uses and much more power.

Stats on that gem pretty weak, special for that meta.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info