2.0.1b Patch Notes

I don't quite get it with the sceptre mtx. The mtx monster has it own skills, so it doesn't matter what monster you make it from? Or it's just visual and the monster still uses the original skills? Can't imagine how it works :-|
1st Hideout of the week: view-thread/1059888
Gears & Builds history: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1062423
mehhh
So much salt on this thread?

I see more (cool) divination cards, some sweet microtransactions and some more mods to diversify the map system. Only good things here imo.

So your build relies on freeze or on leech? Ok. Re-roll the map. There are already mods in existence which most builds can't do (blood magic, no regen), but they're pretty uncommon so this is totally fine as far as I'm concerned. They should give good quantity/pack size bonuses to reward the builds which can handle them, however. I'm speaking more to the mods that don't affect only certain builds here, like the "of deadliness" mod.

Only thing I'd caution against is immunity. Even 80% resistance is fine, but immunity is a bit of a problem in a game where you plan to optimise a specific skill or two to such an extent, only for it to be entirely ineffective in certain situations with no easy substitutions to make.
Last edited by Definition on Aug 4, 2015, 4:37:18 AM
"
Added a new end-game map mod: of Congealment. This mod provides monsters with immunity to life and mana leech. This mod only appears at high tier maps and is rarer than most mods.

Nice Build 2.0 welcome! :D

Spoiler
6L +3 Bow Poison Arrow + Kaom's Heart (Legacy)
Start playing in Feb 9, 2013
My KineticBlast LL ML 400kDPS GMP /view-thread/1466693
Asus LGA1155 P8P67 / Intel Core i5-2500@4GHz / Corsair Vengeance 16GB@1600MHz
Asus GTX970 STRIX 4GB / Asus ROG Xonar Phoebus 7.1
Acer 27 IPS 2560x1440@144Hz [XF270HU] + BenQ 24 TN-film 1920x1080@120Hz [XL2420T]
Adding more challenging map modifiers to the game is awsome - killing build diversity even more with this implementation is not.

Giving bosses and monsters more AoE is a cool thing which make the maps much harder for party play and also harder in general for some bosses and exiles (Magnus' Flameblast with 30% increased AoE is pure fun :D) It also perfectly works against classic summoners with a lot of minions.

Giving monsters 300% increased crit chance and 200% crit multiplier on top of already facing something like powerfull crit blue packs (like "Drop Bears" and "Devouers") is a rediculous amount of damage in end game maps; only very few builds can handle that - Enfeeble becomes a mandatory curse which limits builds once more.

AoE and +%life on lvl 82 Eater of Souls? - good luck trying to avoid those sweet mines he places (which deal 4k+ damage with purity of fire turned on). 2.5 million base HP with a +40% more life mod... have fun taking that one down.

Of Congealment and of Insulation mods are too restrictive. The first one eliminates >80% of all endgame builds by it's own. The second one takes a lot of utility out of builds which are mandatory for them to work - not talking about burn prolif which was already dead before. This also severely limits the passive choices for min/maxing builds in endgame.

Thank you GGG: With this there only 3-6 builds left which can do every map mod (those are going to be nerfed to the ground in approximatly 3 month from now anyway BUT ONLY IF the become popular - otherwise they are going to stay untouched)
If they become popular enough they also are going to stay mostly untouched (just look on CoC and Mjölner - those builds can't get nerfed too hard because a huge amount of players will drop which can't be justified)

This patch makes the game even more "hardcore" - casual players are not meant to reach endgame and do endgame maps. By killing off build diversity and viability in endgame even more GGG ensures that only a small percentage of players can do and reach "true endgame" status - most people will get stuck in 74-76 maps with there builds.

Positive thing: This will stop/slow down inflation a little bit if this system succeeds.
Negativ thing: Already rich players will get richer because endgame viable builds which can cope with those map mods will be really expansive.

I am looking foreward how this will turn out.

Engambe viable builds for 2.0.1 (you can say thank you if you want)
Spoiler
Poison Arrow (non mana based | MoM/EB or BM)
Mjölner (perma Immunity build with Kings Guard Unique Chest)
SRS (non mana based | MoM/EB or BM Low Life)
Cyclone (BM/LgoH based with perma fortify)
CoC Builds (perma Immunity build with LgoH)
Incinerate (IW or Low Life; no RF)
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on Aug 4, 2015, 6:12:04 AM
"
holocaustus wrote:
How about removing the "of crashing" mod that's increasingly likely to roll on your maps the higher lvl and IIQ they have?

Fracture affix is causing crashes. People losing maps and currency and progression if they run them or needing to spend more currency that other people/bots find to reroll the map. Doesn't affect a 6 man mapping group at all, though.

Usual developer: Hmm, this needs to be fixed. We will remove fracture affix until it is fixed.

GGG: This is great, it's like our perfect design goal by accident, do not fix this.

Elemental leech is still broken on items dropped/crafted/corrupted pre 2.0.0. Many people in permanent leagues have broken items. It cannot, however, affect temp leagues.

Usual developer: That's not good, fix these broken items immediately, leech has already been reduced to the point it is extremely valuable in the small doses it comes, we can't have it simply not work.

GGG: Well what's the problem? Can't affect temp leagues, just buy a new item in perm leagues. Just ignore the people QQing about it, they will go away. No, wait, give them a map mod where broken leech doesn't matter. Hahahaha!!!
Casually casual.

"
Engambe viable builds for 2.0.1 (you can say thank you if you want)

Poison Arrow (non mana based | MoM/EB or BM)
Mjölner (perma Immunity build with Kings Guard Unique Chest)
SRS (non mana based | MoM/EB or BM Low Life)
Cyclone (BM/LgoH based with perma fortify)
CoC Builds (perma Immunity build with LgoH)
Incinerate (IW or Low Life; no RF)

In your post about reduce build diversity you forget about:
whispering ica
ground slam
sweep
exploding arrow
reave
double strike
CoMK
flame totem
summoner
Arc
Arctic Breath
Frost Blades
Ice Shot
Lightning Arrow
Tornado Shot
Wild Strike
Ball Lightning
Flameblast
Kinetic Blast
Magma Orb
Power Siphon
Shock Nova
Ice Nova
Discharge

And I'm onlt writing skill name without dividing them to:
cyclone bloodmagic
cyclone mana
COC novas
COC Cold Snap
Flameblast burnining
Flameblast aoe
Arctic Breath Crit
Arctic Breath non crit
Arctic Breath shadow
Arctic Breath witch
etc

all post about "killing build diversity" are worth nothing
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 4, 2015, 7:06:45 AM
"
Phaeded wrote:
Apparently the game was too easy for the 1%.
Dream with me !
"
"
Phaeded wrote:
Apparently the game was too easy for the 1%.

Wow I'm casual player and I'm 1%, nice.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Aug 4, 2015, 7:25:00 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
holocaustus wrote:
How about removing the "of crashing" mod that's increasingly likely to roll on your maps the higher lvl and IIQ they have?

Fracture affix is causing crashes.

It seems to be the most common but not the exclusive culprit. I had maps that were lagging from the mass of corpses and I could port in and out np, and I had maps without fracture and medium sized packs that still crashed. RNG gonna RNG.
Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info