General Support Discussion

"
Skizo wrote:
I would like to see a movement support gem
Obviously it would only work for skill gems with the movement tag and only where it makes sense (Leap Slam, Shield Charge, Cyclone, Flicker Strike, Whirling blades)
Stats would be something like:
- level 1 : 15% (15.5%) increased movement speed*
- Level 20 : 25% increased movement speed*
Quality: 0.5% increased movement speed* pr 1% quality

(minor trimming occured)
Leap Slam, Flicker and Whirling Blades don't actually benefit from Movespeed though.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Feb 25, 2015, 10:51:11 AM
a long shot but is there any plan for a gem that encourage slow attack/cast speed?

say
huge more damage to suported skills with a cooldown of "x" secs
"y" less damage to suported skills during cooldown

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

I wanted to make a small suggestion for a support gem that might make some very unpopular skills viable

puncture and viper strike are very niche abilities that really only have a few applications compared to other skills (more so viper strike then puncture as puncture is one of the best boss killers single target but that's all its really used for whether in bow or trap form)

melee viper strike is basically worthless compared to any other melee attack you could pick at least number crunching wise

I was thinking of something like a "contagion" or "virulent:" support gem, it would be similar to elemental proliferation but would spread "debuffs" like poison charges or bleeding status to mobs around the afflicted mob.

If you wanted it to be limited to melee which is who it would really make these skills viable for you could make it spread the debuff only in a certain distance around the character like an aura or such.
This would make the skills dot mechanic the main focus rather then just being another subpar melee splash setup

damage overtime is one of my favorite mechanics in any game and currently in POE if its not burning proliferation its basically not used anywhere near top tier builds, probably even middle teir builds

with the addition of the bloodlust support gem I'm hoping to see a few more changes done around dot abilities and nodes to make them more powerful (within reason dont want another flame blast monster to raise its ugly head)
I have a thought on a support gem for minion skills. I was thinking that it would be called "grasping", and that it would give supported minions a damage reduction in exchange for a debuff that slows the victim's movement and attack. For each minion, they would be able to inflict the debuff to one enemy at a time, but it would be able to stack with other minions summoned via the same supported skill. This means that they couldn't slow the enemy down horribly by attacking repeatedly, but more minions would cause more slow. for balance reasons there might be a stacking cap or a lower penalty to bosses.
When I think of undead, especially in large numbers, my first thought is a swarm of clumsy, weak hands that grab and pull until they drag down whatever they get ahold of, no matter how fierce, strong or determined. I think this gem would fit well with that idea, and it would be a great way to make summons more usable on bosses who could normally tear through them like wet paper.
A support gem that affects the damage effectiveness of a skill directly would be really interesting. Especially if it provides significantly less speed as a modifier.

For example, if it increases the damage effectiveness of something like ice nova, then you will have builds potentially looking at adding damage directly to the nova, as opposed to stacking cast speed and crit
Last edited by ihasmario on Jan 24, 2016, 2:55:19 AM
not sure if this is the right place, but I was more wanting feedback on how gems interact with their position on gear.. I found this on the Wiki, but my findings don't necessisarily confirm what they are saying, or could someone explain to me what they are saying if it is true..

Skill Functions and Interactions

Trigger Gem: Like all trigger gems, Cast when Damage Taken only "casts" spells. Attack gems such as Double Strike are not considered spells. Multiple spells can be linked to a single trigger gem and will all be triggered if so, there is one exception to this: if two or more spells of the same type are linked (e.g.: Cast when Damage Taken - Fireball - Fireball) they will never trigger simultaneously, even if they are not on the same link.

Trigger order: Trigger gems and their linked skills are cast in a certain order that depends both on which item it is equipped on and which socket the skills are in. If there are trigger gems in each equipped item, the order of operation will be:

Main hand ⇒ Amulet ⇒ Helm ⇒ Off hand ⇒ Body armour ⇒ Gloves ⇒ Boots

The linked sockets also follows a specific order as well, which is:
1 ⇒ 2

4 ⇐ 3

5 ⇒ 6
This really belongs in Gameplay help as opposed to Gem Feedback, but anyways: how does the wiki differentiate from your findings, what part is not clear to you?
The information on the wiki is based on findings from multiple players, at least one of which I trust to know what he's doing. It should be accurate.
Hello, fellow Exiles!

I just posted a Comment on Melee Splash in this feedback board.

Here <- Link

But maybe the whole topic is bigger than just melee splash.
For those who do not wish to read my other post, here's what i said in short:
Near to no single target melee Skill works without Melee Splash.

That made me think. Are there other Skills that are highly used with near to no Alternative.

As i said one of these Skills would be Melee Splash, imo. There are ways to get AoE on Melee Skills but not very much and no other simple, single Support Gem ones. Most Melee Support Gems are of a damage enhancing nature. Only things like Knokcback, Stun or Multistrike are real Utility Gems but do not solve the single target dilemma.

Maybe there should be something similar to Projectile Penetration, so that enemies in a straight line behind the target get hit. Idunno, sadly i can't really bring any fresh ideas to the table.
But still i'd like to know if you guys see this as i do.

GMP and LMP. Greater/Lesser Multiple Projectiles.

Not as much of a problem as Melee Splash, but i think their usage in Projectile Builds speaks for itself.
It's not that i find the number of alternatives lacking. Projectiles have a bunch of options that all work in different ways, especially combined with each other, but GMP and LMP are at the top of the bundle in utility.

My idea for this would be some things that work in entire different ways than just to multiply Projectiles.

Like this:
"Ranged Splash". Your projectiles create an AoE Effect on each target on hit. 20% less AoE for each addidtional Projectile the Skill has.

or "Multi Chain". Your Projectile Chains 5 times. Chains 1 times less for each additional Projectile the Skill has.

I know, i know. These are just ideas that simply counter Multiple Projectiles, but i think they could get interesting combined with other support Gems just like G/LMP do.

Cast on Crit.

I suppose i'm not the first person complaining about this Gem ... on the other hand i'm not trying to complain about anything, more like offering ideas on where the game might have a chance to be improved.

Anyways, Cast on Crit is the only Trigger Gem that works in an offensive way. The others are all passive. (except curse on hit but that's only for a very specific type of skill)

Is it good that an offensive Trigger Gem even exists? I personally don't have a problem with it, but again, i do have with the lack of options here.

No real clue on what could serve as a good alternative maybe a "Cast on Ignite" or "Cast on Cull" idunno.

Sorry for the rambling. I hope for a constructive discussion, even if you guys may disagree.
Last edited by Scherge on Feb 21, 2016, 10:41:11 AM
I can't find a thread on Elemental Focus. It's a new support gem introduced in 2.2. Am I missing something?
I plays as a Spark Totem build, I thought of this idea for Totem specifically. Yes totems can cast auras but what if there was a support gem that allows them to cast aura and deal dmg at the same time.

The Support Gem will help all totem users.

Cast when totem is summoned. (Name can be changed)

Support, Spell, Trigger, Curse, Aura, Totem, AoE
Can store 1 use(s)
Cooldown Time: 0.25 sec
Drop Level: 38
Requires Level 38

Per 1% Quality:
0.5% increased Effect of Supported Curses

Casts when totem is summoned.
(0-38)% increased Radius of Curse Skills
This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level (38-70) or lower
Supported Curse Spells are Cast as Auras
You cannot Cast Supported Spells directly

May seem undo-able but its very doable and beneficial.

And ye most people i met hate totems but i believe this will help us totem users considerably due to all the nerfs.

The main idea so that you can use this gem with 1-2 curse + AoE increase or something, mainly for curses to boost dmg.

Would love to receive a PM on whether this was read or ignored. and What your thoughts are about the design.
Last edited by Laserty1 on Oct 5, 2016, 7:10:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info