General Support Discussion

I really would love to see a Fire to Lightning support gem... the more "conversion of x to y" options, the better.
Going along with the channeling progress I was thinking of something along the lines of spicing up totem game play. A new support to change the way a totem skill behaves. Say, if there are no current totems nearby/summoned channeling would create a new totem just as always, but then whilst channeling you can move the totem around
IGN - PMJ
Is there any plans for a Cast on Low Life support gem?

I think it would be awesome if we had a support skill that would cast linked skills when our characters hits Low Life status...

Ex: Cast on Low Life + Decoy Totem, Rejuvenation Totem or Phase Run
Last edited by eralduspr on Oct 22, 2016, 11:45:12 PM
Add for a "Controlled Destruction" an opportunity to increase the damage of the elements in the melee battle for the base of elemental damage.
For Mele:

New support gem:Combo(red)attached to mele skill has 25% chance to trigger second 3rd mele skill will be:Name:Combo Red/Mele/Chain/ (trigger)

Please consider a new support for mele a gem specifically for Mele skills only working with chain perhaps.Imagine a main skill attached with this support gem and 1 or mabie 2 mele skills, so what u get in the end is kinda a 2 or 3 hit combo only. I don't think it should be any more than 25 or 35%.

uses I think are

Double Strike/Combo/Ice Crash/Faster Attack Support/Multi-strike/Culling

Wild Strike/Combo/Multi-strike/WED/Faster Attack Support/Frost Blades

just 2 examples

Support gem can be as stated above: Combo/trigger/mele or Combo/trigger/mele/chain or
Combo/Trigger/Attack/mele

Must be Weapon restrictions though:Sword/Axe/Mace 1 hand and 2 hand and Unarmed

NO:Bow/Wand should not work with ranged at all and should not work with Movement skill gems//flicker strike//shield charge//Whirling Blades

Just a suggestion but think this will do well for future Mele builds as i think GGG is going away from actual face to face traditional Mele builds

Cast While Channeling doesn't seem to work with anything that requires a corpse. This includes all Offerings, Raise Zombie, and Detonate Dead. Is this intended?

If so, why?
Cast while channeling doesn't work with mostly anything i think.

At least with scorching ray, it casts the linked skill at max range, and sometimes it doesn't cast it at all.
"
Kurtcito wrote:
Cast while channeling doesn't work with mostly anything i think.

At least with scorching ray, it casts the linked skill at max range, and sometimes it doesn't cast it at all.

I am SO incredibly disappointed by that interaction. I can't for the life of me understand why GGG would want the skills to interact that way. Why not have the Firestorm target something near the player rather than all the way at the end of the screen (typical endpoint of Scorching Ray)? Killed my whole plan for Breach League. Switching to boring ole dual Flame Totem now I guess. :/
Cast while channelling is making faster casting and spell echo obsolete.

Blade flurry + cast while channelling gives a spell 0.35s cast speed, with 10% more damage. That’s what faster casting + spell echo do on a spell with 0.9s base cast speed, but comes with a 10% less damage.

By replacing faster casting + spell echo with blade flurry + cast while channelling, we get
1. More spell damage, see above,
2. Free damage from blade flurry,
3. Mana cost based on blade flurry, which is negligible compared to self-cast spells,
4. Blade flurry is an attack, not affected by silence,
5. A lot of passive skill points, as there’s no need to invest in either attack or cast speed.

Balancing incoming?

Last edited by GamesAccount on Dec 4, 2016, 10:11:21 PM
"
GamesAccount wrote:
Cast while channelling is making faster casting and spell echo obsolete.

Blade flurry + cast while channelling gives a spell 0.35s cast speed, with 10% more damage. That’s what faster casting + spell echo do on a spell with 0.9s base cast speed, but comes with a 10% less damage.

By replacing faster casting + spell echo with blade flurry + cast while channelling, we get
1. More spell damage, see above,
2. Free damage from blade flurry,
3. Mana cost based on blade flurry, which is negligible compared to self-cast spells,
4. Blade flurry is an attack, not affected by silence,
5. A lot of passive skill points, as there’s no need to invest in either attack or cast speed.

Balancing incoming?

You can also use Crown of Eyes and stack spell damage to scale Flurry damage beyond it being simply a trigger skill. At this point getting daggers with hybrid phys damage + spell damage nodes becomes a potentially interesting option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info