Sweep

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on May 16, 2022, 1:07:38 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
I'm using the Avatar of Fire Keystone, and I've noticed the Melee Physical Damage support gem doesn't help my Sweep at all, is this intended?
~Veris
You should see the fire damage on the skill go up due to the increased physical damage being converted into fire. Avatar of Fire changed all sources of physical damage into fire. :)
Infernal - Avatar of Fire Templar
Well, I went back through it today to make sure I wasn't making a mistake like an unlinked socket or some silliness.

It turns out that it does not effect any of my skills, not just Sweep. So this a problem between Avatar of Fire and the Melee Physical Damage gem. Sorry!
~Veris
I've been playing a marauder and recently stopped using this skill. I realize that it needs to do reduced damage since it's an AOE, but playing a caster and using such skills is completely different: you can actually kill things using caster AOE skills!

Now, at lower levels the damage on sweep was much more reasonable relative to enemy health. Perhaps it's just a scaling issue at higher levels of sweep?
This skill seems to be reliably half the DPS of Heavy Strike for me. I.E. takes two swings to do accomplish the same damage as a single target skill. That feels natural to me.

If anything, Witch single vs. AoE target design should be reworked a bit.
Last edited by konfeta on Dec 10, 2011, 10:28:53 AM
0.9.5 feedback below this post

I believe that the swing animation for this skill should be a little faster. If you compared it to cleave, the animation is slower and it does much less damage even if it's affecting a bigger radius (btw, how much of a circle is it?).

I think the damage penalty should be slightly reduced.
Does +AoE affect the radius?

Cast speed or IAS for speed?
Last edited by sanddemon on Jan 5, 2012, 11:57:40 PM
"
sanddemon wrote:
Does +AoE affect the radius?
Yes
"
sanddemon wrote:
Cast speed or IAS for speed?
Attack speed. All active skills which deal damage based on your weapon are attacks, the others are spells.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info