Raise Zombie

Lvl 50 witch:
Only problem that i got with playing summoner is very poor AI, this need to get solved some way. Best idea would be some sort of control over behavior of summons, maybe extra controls for aggressive/passive. Dedicated call for attack would be nice too.
so what you guys are saying is... end game zombies are good.
but while getting their is a pain.
so.... should i spec summoner while leveling? or should i level up using something else?

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
waxapnts wrote:
zombies need to be more aggressive they always wait for me to attack something before they leave my side and there always behind me they need to be more like Diablo2 minions they need to walk ahead of me and attack stuff ass soon as they come in view
we recieved overwhelmingly negative feedback about this. everyone hated them working this way.

They (and other minions that follow) will now draw their targeting radius around you, or if you're currently doing an action (including movement) they'll draw it around the location you targeted. This includes using shift to attack towards a location without moving, which can thus be used to direct the minions, while still having them default to actually being around to protect you.

sorry to inform you of this this is not what is happening in game.
click and moving to an area, the zombies still walk behind me.
when i change direction they go to the previous area i clicked on first before changing directions.

also, you can tell click to command zombie doesn't work because, if its just 1 mob, 1 zombie will attack while the rest kind of either run around and do nothing. or stand there and do nothing.

you guys should make it so it updates their direction soon as i change directions. and make them stand near me while moving. because tanks are useless when they are standing behind.

btw, amazing AI on the mobs. lol they skip right through my zombies and attack me.

so.... zombie tanking effectiveness.. not very good so far. i guess zombies would be more effective at tanking if they actually ran around me instead of behind me.

Also noticed, that when zombies attack (and they attack slow) even when the mob is dead they will still cycle through the attack animation. while standing on the fire AoE when i already have clicked away to avoid them being killed. Which... isn't effective either.

And no confirmation on fixing on zombie standing still and not doing anything?
Also, click and "zombie supposed to move to where u clicked" is not working. Because zombies will stand on enemy death fire AoE even when I move away.

and it would be AMAZING if you can answer some of these issues if they will be looked into or not. because i'd really like to level up the witch but i'm not going to want to spend countless hour in a character to realize you guys aren't going to look into or resolve any of these issues.

seems like u can't raise zombies out of dead elementals yet you can raise zombies out of dead ghosts?

AND! it would be nice... if when u have max amount of zombies out. you summon and it kills/unsummons the zombie with the lowest health.

sorry but i really love the game. i was just really dissapointed in the zombie skill. and its making playing the witch the way i imagined it unenjoyable.
Last edited by Maddmaxx212 on Jan 31, 2013, 12:19:50 AM
summoning extra already kills (without triggering explosions if you have it) zombie around, or oldest if all are same hp. elementals and ghosts do not have a physical corpse but some can still be used via spectre (not sure about elementals, but yes for ghosts).
"
Maddmaxx212 wrote:
1 zombie will attack while the rest kind of either run around and do nothing. or stand there and do nothing.

Ditto, all the time.

"
Maddmaxx212 wrote:
btw, amazing AI on the mobs. lol they skip right through my zombies and attack me.

I also get this when playing with my cousins CC character. He runs in, deffo hits them first and they run past my 5 zombies, 7 skells and spectre to ME!!! Arrgghhh!! Proceed to run in circles.

"
Maddmaxx212 wrote:
AND! it would be nice... if when u have max amount of zombies out. you summon and it kills/unsummons the zombie with the lowest health.

Yes please, really yes please. I actually expected this to happen already, light slap on the wrists for that one GGG :P

One more gripe I have is, and this may well be fine later in the game, but my zombies seem to die quite quickly. I am using the minion health support gem as well!

More than anything I would like to see them be more aggressive, I find myself still doing most of the work so why am using valuable skill points to increase the minion stats rather than boost elemental damage. They HIT hard, if they run over and hit at all.

But, I understand balance is hard to come by ;)

Still enjoying the summon class but agreed on the not as much as I could be.
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
They really need to remove so you can not see the life of their zombies when you have your mouse over them. It's really annoying...
Seriously agree on the above,i think this may need to be the top priority to patch, there is no reason to hover mouse over minions, as i never really care for their hp, i can re-summon anytime.

But now, whenever i wish to check any bosses hp, champion hp, open chest, going through entry, or targeting specific enemies, are always blocked by the minions. Even my friend maurauder hate partying with me as he cant click shit with my minion around.

Another thing is making the minion more distinctive to normal enemies, they all look alike, is really painful to see for my party members, but i believe with minions not targetable, this will solve the problem.

Please patch this asap
"
ethan007 wrote:
there is no reason to hover mouse over minions

Agreed. The zombies would be sorted if a re-summon got rid of the one with least health.

"
ethan007 wrote:
Even my friend maurauder hate partying with me as he cant click shit with my minion around.

I have the same thing when playing with my buddy.

"
ethan007 wrote:
Another thing is making the minion more distinctive to normal enemies, they all look alike, is really painful to see for my party members, but i believe with minions not targetable, this will solve the problem.

Iv found the skellys and the spectre to be fine and quite distinctive but the zombz, while quite different and dripping blood, are still dark and in a dark place blend in with other enemies a bit much. Not a problem for me because I use AOE spells but for a CC char, be it the very char you summon with, it must be a nightmare.

Maybe a bright red streak of blood like the skellys red faces would work. Or maybe not red, how bout green. Red for skellys, blue spectre, green zomgz.
I make music, you can listen and dl for free at https://analogmunky.bandcamp.com/music or https://soundcloud.com/analogmunky/tracks
Zombies get often stuck in structures or cant follow/find the right path towards me. Making them stuck somewhere and useless.

Zombies also have a problem with aggro since it can happen they refuse to attack targets close to them
Wand's don't kill people, i kill people, with Wand's
Hi!

Skillhistory: dead level 23 witch, dead level 22 witch and a level 3 witch. All on hardcore.

I general feel this skill on lower levels does almost nothing. Zombies are very weak and die to almost anything! Versus bosses you dont even use this skill at all. As a summoner I think the player should be able to rely more on the summons.

My suggestion to fix this issue and not just buff their base hp/damage: Make them able to wear armors, helmets, shields and weapons!

This would make the player able to give zombies more armor/block if they take alot of physical damage or give them more resistances.

This can be done diffently and I would like you developers to try this out! You can make them not able to equip unique items, make the items get destroyed if the skeleton dies or have a % reduce stats/buffs on the item.
Last edited by lillvik on Feb 4, 2013, 8:25:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info