Raise Zombie

Investing all minion defense nodes. They still die. That ridiculous. The damage feels bad too. Each zombie cost hundreds mana and a corpse. Resummon it is not fun while mapping too.
This post is about zombies in ACT 1.

Raise Zombie is a possible reward from the very first quest.
Yet, Raise Zombie is a bad skill to take from the start, due to how SQUISHY zombies are at the start.

Yes, this can be solved after killing Brutus, by taking Vitality.
Something I recommend on all my minion build guides...

But...

Now that Golems have an inherent life regen, it is time to give zombies inherent life regen.

Such regen would solve the "zombies are too squishy in early Act 1" problem.

Thank you for listening.
Some fresh feedback about zombies in current league (Sentinel).

Firstly, Zombies very weak without sources to increase their hp/resistances.
In high-end content when Zombies had ~27lvl skill gem they're awesome and working good, but on leveling stage and early mapping its awful - if you're running with a lot of auras and have unreserved mana less than need to summon zombie you need turn off 1 of auras and then u can summon them.
It's really uncomfortable.

1) I guess need increase basic hp and non-combat hp regen for zombie for more comfortable play.
2) Reduce mana cost to summon zombies - they're permanent minions, not like SRS, so when they're dying player need faster resummon them to survive.
Reduce from base 10mana at 1lvl to 8mana and 38mana at 20lvl to 20mana.

Because in my current 6L setup it has 188 mana cost per zombie :O
I need turn off my deterance/pride and spam mana flask for resummon.

Btw damage is amazing, i love baron zombie build and will try next to upgrade.

And last thing what i want to see - detailed tooltip for Zombie skill gem in "offence" and "defence" tabs.
I dont know what about hit chance in current gear/skill tree, resistances etc.

There's some quality of life changes that can love more other players in minion builds.
Last edited by reborn353 on May 20, 2022, 3:42:01 PM
I'm not sure how the minion life changes in 3.19 will affect early game.

Currently (3.18), Zombie life early game is kind of trash.
They die to everything, for a permeant minion that is kind of a trap.
Anything before level 15.

There are a couple of solutions.
Boost early game Zombie life scaling.
Change support gem level requirements and scaling of Minion Life, and possibly Meat Shield.
Minion Life could be given as a reward for reaching Lower Prison (in time for Brutus), or after as a reward.
Meat Shield can be given as a reward for reaching Merveil's Caverns Waypoint, or after defeating Merveil.

Bone Spirit Shield, as a level 15 item, would be near perfect for a semi-solution.
I hope that there are minion specific modifiers on Bone Spirit Shield, such as Minion elemental resistances and Minion Life.
"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
All i want for zombies is a physical tag on the gem.
Is there any plausible reason they do not have one?
Also early game survivability is nonexistent until act 3/4.

Please grant my wish!
thanks
Last edited by NebuHC on Sep 28, 2022, 6:06:41 AM
Not sure I'm going to get a reply, it seems no one uses these forums any longer but had a question regarding failing zombie and its interaction with multicast situations, like cast when damage taken.

Scenario: Multiple cwdt level 1 with failing zombie. Tested with 3 separate links.

Believed intended behavior: Cast all 3 failing zombies at the same time.

Behavior: Anything after the first cast is ignored.

Its counting as a "minion" but it doesn't seem that it is limited by zombie limit. If triggered fast enough it seems like it can "summon" another one before the first one is fully dropped. When allocating more points on maximum zombies it doesn't cast any additional.

This skill is interesting and with some tweaks it could be used outside of likely a "meme" scenario. I believe it should trigger a separate falling zombie for every link like I believe almost every other spell does? Could open up some build options.

I can only speculate on why it was limited or if it was an oversight. (or if im doing something wrong)
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Cast when Damage Taken gives the supported skill a cooldown, and cooldowns are shared between multiple skills of the same type.

All three skills will be tracking damage taken, but one of them will be first to trigger and then all three will be on cooldown, so the others cannot trigger at that time.

That's just how CwDT works, it's nothing to do with Raise Zombie of Falling.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Cast when Damage Taken gives the supported skill a cooldown, and cooldowns are shared between multiple skills of the same type.

All three skills will be tracking damage taken, but one of them will be first to trigger and then all three will be on cooldown, so the others cannot trigger at that time.

That's just how CwDT works, it's nothing to do with Raise Zombie of Falling.

Thanks Mark I wasn't sure on this interaction.

In my testing, I thought I was seeing more cast of wave of conviction when I swapped it into the same links, could just be the animation appeared so following my character.

My ask would be, is there a reason why falling zombie was not given aoe tags or the ability to work with stuff like spell cascade, ect? That would allow the interaction I'm looking for and probably clear up the ability to use the skill more cleanly for aoe clear.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:
My ask would be, is there a reason why falling zombie was not given aoe tags or the ability to work with stuff like spell cascade, ect?
Because the skill fundamentally does not do something that applies to an area. It just creates a zombie. The zombie uses an area attack skill, but that doesn't make Raise Zombie of Falling an area skill any more than it makes it an attack rather than a spell.

What you do to create the zombie and what the zombie does once it exists are not the same thing.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:
My ask would be, is there a reason why falling zombie was not given aoe tags or the ability to work with stuff like spell cascade, ect?
Because the skill fundamentally does not do something that applies to an area. It just creates a zombie. The zombie uses an area attack skill, but that doesn't make Raise Zombie of Falling an area skill any more than it makes it an attack rather than a spell.

What you do to create the zombie and what the zombie does once it exists are not the same thing.

That explains everything with the interaction I was wondering.

I suppose usually the solutions to summon more then one of something in the same cast is typically baked into a gem at this point or solved with things like unleashed.

FeelsBadMan

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info