Raise Zombie

Zombies are Overpowered against Physical mobs, they simply destroy them and they are underpowered against AoE mobs, they get destroyed but i think thats alright, now to the point.

The Zombies are dumb as hell.

I dont know why they are programmed to hug the caster 24/7, there are mobs right next to them and they run around me instead of nuking it down.

Their AI is really terrible while the Skeleton AI seems better, they spawn and instantly attack everything they see.

Why do the zombies seem so dumb ?Why do they have to stay what seems to be a maximum range around me?

This is what usually happens:

Start a fight-->
Zombies need a few seconds to actually start attacking-->
Have to move cause something jumped on me-->
Zombies disengage their targets and run behind me like retards and dying all over the place instead of actually hitting stuff.

Not sure why you programmed them to stay what seems to be a max range from the caster, i am literally standing on one end of the screen with my army, and the mob is on the other end and the zombies simply stand there.

They should attack everything they see as fast as possible, not just roam around me 24/7, and the moment i move they follow and let the mobs roam freely.
Was thinking of a fix that doesn't involve buffing them.

Reduce the amount of zombies you can control to 4. Say 1 base, +3 via passives(would need a rework on the tree slightly I think). Might want to nerf one of the uniques I don't know maybe not. Anyway, after reducing them, buff their stats to be twice as good as now. That means twice as much dmg, health, innate resists that you added. Now you get really strong tanks, but less "swarmy". Differentiates them further from skeletons(maybe some of the modified minion nodes could give +2skeletons instead of +1 +1 as a result, so you could build even more skeletons).

The massive increased health would scale better with minion health nodes and support and should let them survive multiple aoes without dying, while the increased dmg ensures you don't lose DPS for this change. Giving them Life Leech support at this point might also sound like a good idea since they hit really hard, so they'd leech a lot of health back. Resummoning them after a fight is less painful, and resummoning them during a fight is more viable(less corpses required, less casts needed, less mana used, stronger and faster returns in power/time).

Another fix would be to make Necromantic Aegis more appealing. The downside is way too big for HC. Make it so you keep 25% of the effects of your shield on yourself but give 100% to minions. Or 50%/50%, no gain, but you still retain a solid defense from your shield while your minions are noticeably tankier.

I just don't think zombies are very good now, they perform the worst out of all the minions. Skeletons are still good fodder and the no body requirement and the fact you pop them 2 by 2 is vital to getting past act3 aoe heavy areas, while spectres benefit from having much stronger mobs to raise(curtains of doom, blue fire dogs, arc blackguard casters, tracing bullets titty monsters etc... are insane spectres). Zombies just run in, explode to aoe dmg and take forever to raise again, plus the mana costs, all to go die again. They're only useful against other melee mobs which there's a decent amount of, but rarely without a bunch of mobs that also blow them up instantly.
Last edited by PyrosEien on Jan 25, 2013, 9:43:54 PM
As a level 9 witch, with level 4 Raise Zombie, I can confirm that it is godawful to play :P
They die as fast as you can summon them, run around with what seems to be 0 AI (I know they have one, I'm trying to say they are terrible). When they finally do find their way to a target, they die before they get 1 attack off. I even went straight for all the minion nodes around the start.. :(

I was hoping to relive my necro days of army controlling curser from D2, guess that's not gonna happen.
Tons of issues with Raise Zombie!

1. Soon as I got raise zombie, i realized how poor the AI is.
a. they don't engage enemies. half the zombies will stand still while i attack.
b. they get stuck often. pillars and walls. it get stuck at random times.
c. they run around in the dumbest way. completely leaving me defenseless.

2. They get stuck. Behind me.
a. while i run, they are running 2-3 meters behind me.
b. while crossing bridges, the zombies are behind me. I can't run BACK and go through them to make them tank. they can't run THROUGH me to tank for me. Zombies SHOULD be able to run through players and players should be able to run through zombies/summons for that matter.
c. Zombie should only have clipping against players only during PvP.

3. HP is Low. Attack is way too slow.
a. boss fights, they don't even tank. they die fast. within 5 seconds 4 of my zombies are dead.
b. if zombies fall, there is no point in raising them again. because they become waste of mana.
c. because they die so fast and their attacks so slow, they don't even get to hit anything before they die.

I know people say "support gems" will make summons great. But support gems are not readily available for low level witches. And only saying a skill for a summoner is GOOD when you have another gem attached to it is pretty stupid. Basically people are saying "all summoner skills are useless until you have all support gems".

I kind of feel weird asking this, but I feel like there should be easy/free way of taking passive skill points back while the game is in beta.

Anyways, no point in playing my witch any further. I guess I'll just go roll the stereotypical over powered range class or the fast crit machine LOL.
Last edited by Maddmaxx212 on Jan 26, 2013, 10:23:33 PM
Improve their AI of targeting would be great (sometime I see zombies just stand there and soak up and do nothing than wait to self destruct....)
Add one keybar with life of zombies , please ;s
Please consider making the Minions Lifebar (while mouseover) green or yellow, because I often look at that Lifebar instead of the one of the enemy near the Zombie without noticing.. that's kind of frustrating after a while.
zombies need to be more aggressive they always wait for me to attack something before they leave my side and there always behind me they need to be more like Diablo2 minions they need to walk ahead of me and attack stuff ass soon as they come in view I usually end up killing everything before my zombies get to them and land a hit

just make them go to a target as soon as they come on screen please
"
waxapnts wrote:
zombies need to be more aggressive they always wait for me to attack something before they leave my side and there always behind me they need to be more like Diablo2 minions they need to walk ahead of me and attack stuff ass soon as they come in view
we recieved overwhelmingly negative feedback about this. everyone hated them working this way.

They (and other minions that follow) will now draw their targeting radius around you, or if you're currently doing an action (including movement) they'll draw it around the location you targeted. This includes using shift to attack towards a location without moving, which can thus be used to direct the minions, while still having them default to actually being around to protect you.
Can we have a dedicated key that tells our zombies/minions to go attack in a certain area? I don't want them running off, but I also don't want them hovering around me when there's stuff to kill.
IRON MAN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info