Projectile Weakness

pros and cons not fully mentioned by previous post.

vurnibility does work on the elemental damage from added fire support and hatred aura. "damage from" includes the previous typings. it'll also work on the burning damage if crits happen from fire damage. increases stun chance and a multiplicative duration boost. the es double slowdown is negligible due to fast battles.

projectile weakness adds some evasion penalties on foe in addition to other mentioned boosts (knockback, more based damage boost). the pierce chance boost is wasted on ST but "cast on crit" spells might still benefit... to mixed results (fireball for example doesn't always benefit if having AoE damage). the knockback is a mixed blessing, its fantastic for keeping foes away due to multi hits. however that also causes a higher rate of desync due to the rapidness. additionally it'll push foes out of that sweet spot just as often as it'll put foes into the desired peak range.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
pros and cons not fully mentioned by previous post.

vurnibility does work on the elemental damage from added fire support and hatred aura.

Are you sure it does affect derived damage? I mean, it seems wrong/bugged and a confirmation needed.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
not any less broken than overstacking negative resistances.

anyways, how else does your fire damage keep growing as you increase your physical damage?. the damage types carry over.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
not any less broken than overstacking negative resistances.

anyways, how else does your fire damage keep growing as you increase your physical damage?. the damage types carry over.

Your own damage modifiers affect DEALT, while curses affect damage TAKEN. Let's say you deal 300 damage with your fireball, and it causes burn to inflict 100 burn damage per second for 4 seconds. If you equip Infernal Mantle, you will deal (assuming increased fire damage is the same) 225 fire damage and 75 chaos damage, and your burn will cause just 75 burn damage per second.
Let's say an enemy has 50% fire res. Then you will deal 150 fire + 25 burn damage, and with infernal mantle - 112 fire, 75 chaos and 18 burn damage. Despite chaos damage is derived from fire, it dont cause burn, and isnt resisted by fire res.
Same rule applied to curses.
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
while i love to be proven wrong correctly, the example you used isn't quite matching up. yes damage from and damage conversion share rules, but you're talking about adding a burning damage property. you described what happened there correctly (chaos damage has nothing to do with burning) but it isn't what is currently being "debated" (damage types carrying over).

100 physical base damage bow skill, 5% inc physical, 10% inc elemental, 15% inc fire, 20% inc cold, 25% inc projectile, a 30% added fire, a 35% hatred.
fire and cold are elements, so ele boost applies to those.
all of it is a projectile, so proj boost applies to all parts.
it started as physical, damage convert and damage from includes the phys boost to the rest of the parts.

100 *.3 = 30 fire, 100 *.35 = 35 cold, still 100 physical because it is damage from not a convert.
100 *(1+ .05 +.25) = 130 phys, proj
30 *(1+ .05 +.1 +.15 +.25) = 43.5 fire, ele, proj, from phys
35 *(1+ .05 +.1 +.2 +.25) = 52.5 cold, ele, proj, from phys

of course you didn't need the numbers, but its for clarity sake. i basically repeated myself 3 times in this post in different ways.
Ok, I have something to say about this skill, specifically when used against me from some skeletal archers. Are we absolutely sure the Less Evasion is calculated correctly?

I have run this with a few variations on a highly defensive evasion-based build. Here are two setups in particular:

Bow Frenzy Ranger, using Acrobatics, 8 Frenzy Charges, Darkray Vectors (i.e. making Chance to Dodge 56%), Ondar's Guile, Grace and of course pure Eva gear save the Darkray's

1handed shield user, 75% block chance, Acrobatics, Ondar's Guile, Grace and pure Eva gear

This curse is literally the bane of my existence on both of these builds. There is no way it is only reducing my evasion rating by 30-60% Less. Yes I know the difference between Less and Reduced. I can literally go from standing in a hallway dodging projectiles left and right to dead in a second just due to this one curse and a single volley from an archer group. It almost feels like the curse is instead saying "30% More chance to hit with Projectile Attacks" in the sense that it overrides Block and Dodge as well. Even just looking at my Ranger, in town, no Grace applied, with less than optimal gear:

Lvl 80, Evasion Rating 4854 (Estimated 35% Evasion chance)

30% Less would reduce it to 3397, the estimated would still only be around 25% Evasion Chance. Mind you this occurs on maps I am higher level for so my Evasion should still be much higher than the enemy's Accuracy. I fail to believe a 10% reduced chance to evade (well, more with Grace on, but still a supposed 25% at worst chance to evade, rolled twice with Guile), not even looking at the chance to dodge, would render me useless versus projectiles completely. No exaggeration, when this curse goes on I have 3 choices: Flask it off, back away til it wears off, or explode on impact when nothing else on the map comes close to being a threat.

Before anyone chimes in, this is projectiles from the bow archers and sometimes the snakes; I am not mistakenly complaining about Spell-based projectiles. I know the More Damage is not 1-shotting me because I can see my character be knocked back 3-4 times.. hell the knockback is usually the better indicator this deathbringer has been applied as I use this curse myself and see the ring on the ground frequently. I would be happy to submit my builds and setups for further testing of this.

tl;dr this curse destroys me more than I feel it should from the description and contributes to people saying Evasion sucks.
Just to confirm, mobs cursed with Projectile weakness will take "more" burning damage inflicted with a fire damage projectile, correct?
"
Kiriak wrote:
Just to confirm, mobs cursed with Projectile weakness will take "more" burning damage inflicted with a fire damage projectile, correct?

No, burn isnt a projectile, thus is unaffected by projectile mods. You still get more powerful burn if you deal more fire damage with projectile skill, it just isnt affected twice, like in case of Flammability.

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Right now Projectile Weakness doesn't seem to affect the Damage over Time portion of Essence Drain. Essence Drain's DoT damage scales with "increased projectile damage" but "enemies take increased damage from projectiles" seems to only apply to the initial hit of the Essence Drain projectile and any poison damage resulting from that hit.

I tested different curse setups on merciless Voll. This is the result of a single cast of an unsupported lvl 21 Essence Drain with The Consuming Dark equipped:

Is this behavior intended?
Does anyone know if the pierce chance from projectile weakness gives increased damage from drillneck?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info