Projectile Weakness

Unavailable

Post your 0.9.4 feedback for this skill here.

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Balance & Design
Last bumped on Apr 4, 2021, 3:11:43 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
With the new 1 curse per mob system, I can't imagine any reason for any Ranger build to use this over the other Dex curses, Temporal Chains or Vulnerability. Other than the ability to obtain the skill gems you want for a build is kind of random, so you might be "stuck" with this one until you find a good curse.

If you use Poison Arrow for your primary attack, then TC gives a snare + increased dot duration. The snare is more reliable control than the 15% knock back.

If I just want dps, then 25% phys + 40% on the dot with vulnerability.

The other curses even synergize better in parties.

I really wish the quest rewards were a little smarter in handing out skill gems. My ranger gets flicker strike and dual strike offered along with Projectile Weakness?? Why not offer the 3 dex curses?
"
Zaanus wrote:
With the new 1 curse per mob system, I can't imagine any reason for any Ranger build to use this over the other Dex curses, Temporal Chains or Vulnerability.

I agree with this completely
"
Darkfyre wrote:
"
Zaanus wrote:
With the new 1 curse per mob system, I can't imagine any reason for any Ranger build to use this over the other Dex curses, Temporal Chains or Vulnerability.

I agree with this completely

Yup -- at least when curses stacked, Projectile Weakness could be a somewhat useful tertiary curse, but now why would I ever want to overwrite Temporal Chains with Projectile Weakness (especially since monster-attributes like Evasion or Elemental Resistance seem to have almost no practical effect)?
In 0.9.5, it increases projectile damage. We'll see how that plays out!
Balance & Design
0.9.5 feedback below this post

My wand witch is using this over critical/elemental weakness primarily for the ~50% pierce chance.

Is the 25% extra projectile damage multiplied on top of total damage, or just additive with passives/skills that increase damage?
"
RabidRabbit wrote:
My wand witch is using this over critical/elemental weakness primarily for the ~50% pierce chance.

Is the 25% extra projectile damage multiplied on top of total damage, or just additive with passives/skills that increase damage?

Because the wording is "25% more damage from projectiles" as opposed to "25% increased damage from projectiles", my guess would be that it is multiplied. My personal experience with the curse supports that theory. It also increases somewhat as the gem levels.
Urist McDwarfy has been happy lately. He admired an exceptional ARPG recently. He took joy in slaughter lately. He has been attacked by the dead recently.
Check out the Path of Exile wiki: http://en.pathofexilewiki.com
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info