Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Caustic Arrow

So does the DoT from PA and the DoT from desecrate stack? and if so could you add a fire trap Dot, and a puncture DoT? Hmmmm...
Last edited by Arkbolt on Mar 14, 2014, 4:19:07 AM
"
Arkbolt wrote:
So does the DoT from PA and the DoT from desecrate stack? and if so could you add a fire trap Dot, and a puncture DoT? Hmmmm...
yes, however poison arrow's DoT barely lasts long until later and its still rather low for stacking all 4 (plus burning because why not?).
Pretty much I cast PA and then vulnerability, followed by desecrate. Move position and start the cycle over. I like to prefire down corridors and in door ways. I let the stuff melt and then move in. The only issues I have is that totems will not take the Chaos DoT damage. I have ran with a few lvl 70 maps full party without much issue. This build is no where near the damage I had with Infernal blow / facebreakers but is fun and pretty unique. Not many people play it which is nice. Now with my damage mods capped on passive tree at 76 I have been dumping points into life mods and mana mods. I sold my 20/20 Fire trap yesterday due that the fire is DoT dmg but with out damage passives and non-chaos versus ES it was waisting my 5L.

Below is the new link for desecrate :

I need to raise enough EX for the L3 Empower and I am still thinking about the last blue slot. I did drop lvl 1 remote mine in and it raised dmg nicely but who knows. Some play testing this weekend. If you want to scale PA greatly the + levels to it are a must . Currently my gem is at 26.
Poison Arrow on its own isn't particularly well-supported on the passive tree. With Poison Arrow trapmines, on the other hand, you can really start boosting the damage:

- 'more' damage from the Trap and Remote Mine supports (roughly double damage)
- you get the full benefit of increased trap damage and increased mine damage, so the standard trap/mine damage nodes give +18% and something like Expeditious Munitions gives +36%.

For most bow skills, trapmines are too fiddly, but they work pretty well with this skill because you don't want or need to spam it.
The #1 most useless skill in the game. When would you even use this at its current stats?

AOE? Ice shot and Rain of Arrows cover that nicely.
DoT? Burning arrow does that, with the advantages of being able to actually be scaled so it ends up doing orders of magnitude more damage.
Straight up chaos damage to get around ES? Viper strike does that, plus it stacks and you can even multistrike and melee splash it.

This isn't even getting into chaos resistant enemies, which there's no way to crack.

If there was ever a skill that needed to have its damage output multiplied by 5, this is the one. The damage is even worthless with a +3 bow skills bow, for crying out loud. Why do you refuse to give this the significant buff it deserves?

EDIT: Ice shot, not freezing arrow.
Last edited by Hemmingfish on Mar 24, 2014, 10:54:49 PM
Welp my poison arrow trapper damage is 4.7k without concentrated effect now. Around 8k with concentrated effect. Still 2 levels to go for my poison arrow and I can get lv 3 empower some time. Hovers around 11~12k dps with vulnerability.

Buffs op
I was using Trap, but without conc effect. It's just too small to be that good.

I decided to drop Trap and go with Conc effect instead.

Shooting PA instead of trapping it feels sooooo much better. I just spam then everywhere while running around. The Conc effect makes up for dropping the trap damage nodes.

So now I'm using

Really does feel way better then using Trap. I found myself waiting on trap to recharge a lot, since the radius isn't all that big, and if you have to kite at all, trap is extremely annoying.
Do added chaos and conc effect work on the DoT cloud with this? tooltip doesnt show any dmg increase but i really think they should

this is awesome for low lvl :)

edit also i think if blind worked with the poison cloud that would make it alot more viable
Last edited by LazyZunde on Apr 11, 2014, 4:34:38 AM
Only the Quality bonus on Added Chaos works (which is really underwhelming).
Conc applies, but the tooltip currently cannot display it. Easy enough to see it working in practice.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Apr 11, 2014, 8:24:44 AM
I really hope they make conc update the tooltip. I know some skills are hard to calculate correctly, but the Poison Arrow cloud seems pretty straight forward.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info