Caustic Arrow

"
dspair wrote:
Poison Arrow level 20 - 222.2 DPS (was 676.5)

Nice DoT patch.

the funny thing is there's barely any ways to scale the dps either.

it was pretty bad before now it's a complete joke. You won't even be able to get to 700 dps with all the nodes you spend on the tree for it.

so you will neither have survivability nor damage. Poison arrow is completely useless now

We can do some calculations.

Let's say you get 100% proj dmg from passives. Along with empower, conc effect and a +3 bow that would put your damage at roughly what 900 dps?. Also I would assume chain and gmp is not even a choice anymore since the less proj dmg multipliers would also apply. So you cant even poison everything you want with it either.

here's a graph of the progression from level 15 to 20. You can tell the progression is linear so there's practically no chance that it's gonna be different when over 20 either. 4 levels more would roughly add like 80 more damage to the base.

http://nces.ed.gov/nceskids/createagraph/default.aspx?ID=2a3cb432d44b43b692f5f463fdd18444
Last edited by ighnaz on Nov 29, 2013, 5:58:55 AM
yes i am very upset with the news of poison arrow i bought all the gear to start levelling today and the damage is so poor its making me cry :/

Hardcore only, cause yolo :)
Last edited by miektwo on Nov 29, 2013, 6:18:15 AM
conc effect NOT working with DoT Poison Arrow damage.
Completely joke patch :D
Aaron Ciccheli, a guy who made millions running Diablo and PoE RMT sites, owns a significant portion of GGG. How's that for a conflict of interest? 7.5% of your supporter pack money goes to this guy.
"
Pibadi wrote:

that is probably a bug. It states in the patch notes that area damage does now affect the dot dmg of PA.

Even if it does work it's not even close to making PA viable though.
Last edited by ighnaz on Nov 29, 2013, 7:06:21 AM
"
Pibadi wrote:

Tested it just now, I really can't see the dmg go up by eye.
And even if it did work, with heavy gear/point investement it would be barely better. Just a lil bit..

I wanted to use Poison Arrow so badly. Already got a 20% quality one. Seems i'll have to wait some more.
I was making a PA build, with DoT changes and old damage numbers it was looking viable, even in end game. Now you can shoot with unlinked Split Arrow and do more damage. This skill is a joke.
"
Vandenreich wrote:
"
Pibadi wrote:

Tested it just now, I really can't see the dmg go up by eye.
And even if it did work, with heavy gear/point investement it would be barely better. Just a lil bit..

I wanted to use Poison Arrow so badly. Already got a 20% quality one. Seems i'll have to wait some more.

EDIT: Prepatch you could use Avatar of Fire and still deal the chaos dmg debuff. It wasn't considered actual dmg done by you but a side effect. After the patch however.. It doesn't work anymore.. There goes my burning poison arrow idea.

Okay.. I've got no idea how to make this viable without stacking like 5 uniques.

EDIT2: For people wondering if the bleed % of puncture scaled. It doesn't. You can only increase the dmg you do and 10% of that dmg will be a bleed but you cannot double dip like poison arrow (or burning dmg) and increase the bleed itself. Tested it with the general physical dmg Scion node for a melee phys build and projectile dmg nodes for a ranged bow puncture build.

So that idea is out 2.. -_-

The only thing that looks slightly viable 2 me with minimal investement would be a +3 weap Viper Strike/Melee Splash Summoner build. You basically would only need a +3 claw/dagger/sword that's atleast 2 linked. Can't make it much easier thn that.

Just tested Viper btw, melee splash doesn't reduce the DOT so the above mentioned build could actually be good for some people. (And it's usable with Queen's Decree if you don't want a shield for god knows what reason since it also works with 2h swords.)
Last edited by Vandenreich on Nov 29, 2013, 8:22:19 AM
"
Just tested Viper btw ... actually be good for some people.

I want to see the people set with <1000 dps. I want to look into their dead eyes.

Do you realize that ANYTHING below possible 10.000 AoE DPS is not worth a look in Path of Exile? I mean if you even theoretically could make poison arrow dot to do like 3000 dps... that would be still total garbage. Total. Garbage. And you cant do even the old 1000 now.
Last edited by Lichalfred on Nov 29, 2013, 8:38:24 AM
"
Lichalfred wrote:
"
Just tested Viper btw ... actually be good for some people.

I want to see the people set with <1000 dps. I want to look into their dead eyes.

Do you realize that ANYTHING below possible 10.000 AoE DPS is not worth a look in Path of Exile? I mean if you even theoretically could make poison arrow dot to do like 3000 dps... that would be still total garbage. Total. Garbage. And you cant do even the old 1000 now.

Yeah, I understand where you are coming from but you have to take in mind that most people won't even (EVER) get that far. It's a shame though.. 10k poison arrow would make my day.. Maybe a custom support gem for DOT effects in general would be a good idea. No idea how they would scale it with already OP stuff like EA or Burning Discharge but would be cool to see some things that could effect the DOT's from poison arrow, puncture and viper.

EDIT: You can get Viper Strike pretty high actually. Empower/+3 weap with a 20% quality added chaos for a 10% increased chaos DOT (if it works) and shavronne's/redbeak (if it works) or whatever. It's kinda ridiculous to invest that much gear but you can get a really high DOT that way. (Still nothing compared to Burning Discharge or EA but mehh.. For the people that really want to roll it.)
Last edited by Vandenreich on Nov 29, 2013, 9:01:28 AM
"
most people won't even (EVER) get that far.

Sheesh, you kidding? Let me open your eyes - Facebreakers (1chaos) + Meginord (1-2ex) + Abyssus (1ex)): Infernal blow+splash+MFD+AFD do 15k dps. Even a kid can do that.

"
It's kinda ridiculous to invest that much gear but you can get a really high DOT that way

I am sorry, but what is pretty high? 2000? at lvlv 20 and 4 stacks of viper strike? With shavronne, no shield equipped (2x redbeaks or redbeak and +3 +empower 1h). Damn, where are my meds!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info