Caustic Arrow

The multiplier for poison arrow is 1.15 per lvl!
lvl 20 = 676.5
lvl 21 = 778
lvl 22 = 894.5
lvl 23 = 1028.5

With vulnerability, the could can do MAXIMUM of 1440 damage per second!
Your cap!
IGN: KaMaCyTpA
Buying Quallity gems - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/167349
With the upcoming rework to how damage is calculated, is reworking degen on the agenda by any chance?
Haven't even got an offer on a 20% poison arrow for a week of 5-8 hour day trading while xping. I couldn't even get rid of it for 4 gcp when the standard for 20% is an exalt and 1.5-2 highly sought gems so I began to think something had to be wrong with the skill as this is a typical clue that there is. After asking around and actually being shown what the problem is by some high level friends the problem is this:

The damage dealing mechanic is flawed. It is WAY too slow. You could up the damage all you want and every other archer skill would still be much better and logical to use.
Last edited by johnce6 on Jun 18, 2013, 8:08:44 AM
I really wanted to make a poison build, but reading all in this thread i'm not sure i'll make the step to build a char. i already made some build with dps restrictions like explosive arrow build, but at least they have few node that increase their dps, and they can use ele equilibrium. Such a pity poison arrow don't have at least few more support gem and passive nodes that would make it a valid end game build, at least an interesting one. Can't you guys make added chaos, concentrated effect, and increase aoe damage at least work with it in future patches?
"
KaMaCyTpA wrote:
With vulnerability, the could can do MAXIMUM of 1440 damage per second!
Your cap!

Technically would you be able to shock stack up to 3 times and further increase the cap? Perhaps you could link added lightning damage and use a Lightning damage bow to achieve shock stacking to increase the damage of the DoT (assuming it does affect it).
Last edited by Hrishi on Jun 22, 2013, 3:28:03 AM
shock does affect DoT's
my feedback for this skill is as follows:

character build: PA for AoE
level:n/a

There is absolutely no use for this skill passed lvl 30 inmho, I tried theory crafting for LA as AoE for massive Area Dmg but it just wont do since most mechanics do not work as AoE for poison arrow...

Conc effect is disabled - why?? its AoE skill, but game wont treat it as such??

also its a ranged attack but cant be attached to a totem??

is it because it will make it OP? more op then a current discharge build? I don't think so!

you guys have bunch of inconsistencies in mechanics for this game and it is very painful... make up your mind and stick with it, is it too much to ask?

The inconsistency here is due to a mechanical limitation. At the moment degeneration (damage over time) cannot be affected by normal damage modifiers, only ones that are tailored specifically towards them (such as the increased damage over time modifier of Vulnerability).

It's the reason this skill is disabled with Ranged Attack Totem and Melee Splash is disabled for Venom Strike. These problems were stated by the developers to be fixed at some point, so we'll just have to wait and see what the fix will do and enable.
same name in-game
Nvm found my anwser
Last edited by wenlock on Jul 3, 2013, 12:45:51 AM
I noticed that if I support poison arrow with item quantity/quality gems, their effect only applies when an enemy is killed by the arrow, and not when is killed by the poison. Is this correct? Is this intentional or a bug? and if it is a bug, is it going to be adjusted?
sorry for bad english ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info