Phase Run

The melee dmg bonus doesn't seem to be working on this skill. When I cast Phase Run I can see the dps increase in the character screen, but once I try to hit something phase run gets deactivated first and the melee bonus disappears before the hit actually connects. From observation I also don't seem to be doing any more damage at all. Can anyone perhaps confirm this for me?
"
Akazukin wrote:
The melee dmg bonus doesn't seem to be working on this skill. When I cast Phase Run I can see the dps increase in the character screen, but once I try to hit something phase run gets deactivated first and the melee bonus disappears before the hit actually connects. From observation I also don't seem to be doing any more damage at all. Can anyone perhaps confirm this for me?
Yes, the damage bonus will be removed from the character screen before the hit connects. However, damage for a melee attack has already been calculated before that point, when the action started, and sent from the server, so that the client gets the damage in time to apply it when the attack visually hits.
phase run speed increase does not work with lightning warp teleportation speed (if I read it right, the speed at which you teleport is scaled off your movement speed).
"
faerwin wrote:
phase run speed increase does not work with lightning warp teleportation speed (if I read it right, the speed at which you teleport is scaled off your movement speed).
It's impossible to be in a situation where it could. If you cast phase run first, it will dissipate when you start casting Lightning Warp.
If you cast Lightning Warp first, then at the point the spell is successfully cast, it determines your time to get to the target at your movement speed, and sets the timer on the teleport accordingly. By the time lightning warp has finished casting and you can cast phase run, everything is already set up - the duration of the skill can't be changed after it's set.
alright, just wanted to know if it was intended or not (hence why I didn't post in the bug section).
No problem - it's always good to have people questioning this stuff in case there are aspects which need to change that we hadn't considered.
All feedback after this point is for 0.9.6.
Balance & Design
Could be interesting to be able to activate this skill when you move.
For the moment, when you run, the skill won't activate until you stop. I'd prefer to stop running when I activate the skill to use it.
PoE forums ignore list script:
http://userscripts.org/scripts/show/162657

0.4: added "ignore" button. ignore list is now saved locally.
I am using this skill for offence, and I always have the impression that when I want to strike with other skill (like poison strike which is a melee attack) it does not really add damage, or does not hit the monster.
Sometimes when I want to hit , the monster has already left the location when my character hit.
I do not know if this is an issue from response time between my client and server, or if this is an issue from the skill itself, but it gives me the impression that this skill has a bug when used with other melee skill

Other people could confirm it?

Anyway, I like the animation, and I wanted to use it to strike monsters really fast:
cast it, use it , strike it, cast it, use it , strike it, .....

Maybe it could be great to make your character become normal when striking, and 1 sec after, returning to phase run.

*EDIT* Ok the big issue here when using this with viper strike is that you can actually strike when there is no monsters. And if you missclick the direction of a monster, you lose the phase run effect. Too bad, you need to be really accurate to mix both skills
Last edited by Phelim on Feb 28, 2012, 5:58:33 AM
This skill gives the impression that it's to be used for hit and run style play. Open big and then use it to get our and reposition.

I disagree with the comparison to flicker strike because flicker strike puts you right next to another mob, and if you even slightly misclick you could randomly flicker deep into a pack and die.

I would like to see this skill have a much higher damage modifier or apply a short duration buff 2-5 seconds. The buff could modify crit chance, evasion, damage, or attack speed.
Either one will encourage more of a get in and burst then get out style play.

Crit or attack speed would play very well for the new dex/int class. Evasion would finally be a skill that an evasion based Ranger could use to make up for their current short comings. Damage would leave it as the general utility spell it is now.

What would be a cool skill, and could be tied into this one would be to have it increase evasion and then add a riposte mechanic to any dodged attacks. So a character could cast this and run circles with high evasion to dodge and riposte attacks that come at them. Trade off is they can't attack while they're doing it, but they're mobile so it sounds like it would be balanced.
Last edited by Xine on Feb 27, 2012, 4:39:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info