Phase Run

"
Finkenstein wrote:
Hi

I read that Krip or player like that individual was doing massive damage with it and GGG opted to put it on the ''forge'' yet in some regards it was their own fault since GGG made it, just before removing phase run, able to be received by all classes as a quest reward, should just make a world drop only.

BRING IT BACK I am tired of wasting a slot in my belt to have a useless quicksilver flask jsut so I can keep up with other party members that spam it, hmm interesting this sounds liek we are right back where we started minus the damage part...

cheers

USe Whirling Blades/Leap Slam/Lightning Warp (especially with reduced duration gem). Problem with useless quicksilver solved.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
GGG wants to make it a hit and run sort of ability,

Add a 5 second cd after phase run ends.
If no monster is hit, nothing happens, if a monster is hit, speed bonus goes on for a few seconds.

Bring it back!
YAWCK

Phase run never back in game?
Even the ghosts in the Docks map in Act 3 still use the Phase Run ability...
Bring it back even if it has to be changed a little with a CD or something.
We all know this spell would be overpowered after release. It would be a Cast when damage taken must. Would also be good with cast on crit or cast on melee kill.
63 Duelist Hardcore League (POE version 9.2)
#5 on ladder
Hi

MortalKombat3
"
USe Whirling Blades/Leap Slam/Lightning Warp (especially with reduced duration gem). Problem with useless quicksilver solved.

Lightning warp works faster if you move faster, when phase run was around I would activate lit warp, then phase run for faster teleportations.

WB/LS would be great if dsync didn't jump me back or worst into a mob of monsters. Player quaffs quicksilver quickly outdistances silly person WB/LS across the screen.

Quicksilver issue still unresolved, lol.

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
How about making Phase Run like a skill version of a quartz flask? Just give it a cooldown, you lose monster collision, keep the damage bonus, and greatly reduce the speed bonus, say scaling from 8% to 10%.
To avoid potential abuse with trigger gems and non-stop pvp kiting, maybe you could delay the movespeed/damage boost until X seconds after the spell is cast (if not cancelled by attacks/spells)?

In exchange for this nerf we could turn off collision for the full duration (as suggested above) and make casting very quick (if not instant).

This would also encourage hit/run use as you'd need to disengage to receive its full benefits and still allow opposing players a moment to retaliate. Phase Run could allow its users to escape and make a comeback, but only with good foresight (i.e. not getting killed during the delay).

EDIT: Alternatively you could try making it a toggle like Tempest Shield and disable the speed/damage boost for X seconds after attacking/casting. This may be more convenient and would control the number of characters that could support it but the effect may need to be weakened and it doesn't reward foresight as much.
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Dec 16, 2013, 11:25:34 PM
I never understood why they removed that gem or in other words why it was 'OP'.

If I remember correctly the dmg boost only was a 50% more multiplier wich only applies to one hit. With IAS builds it was pretty much useless, but it made 2H skills like sweep viable. And it even had a HUGE drawback since it was really dangerous with reflect.
The movement speed part made it pretty much mandatory and needed a change.

=> Thats how I would change the skill:
- Make it dependant on your movementspeed. If you have low movementspeed - you get a nice MS boost. If u have higher movementspeed (including quicksilver), you get a movementspeed penalty
=> As a side effect it would work very well with uniques which reduce your movementspeed and so it will give more options
- Make the dmg part dependant on attack speed. Low Attackspeed => high dmg bonus, High attackspeed => low bonus (maybe even a penalty for a short time)

=> maybe with those changes pure phys dmg 2H marauder (Sweep+Endurance charges+Immortal call) will even be viable again.
Atm typical 2H marauder are SOOO much worse than dual-wield builds like blender or defensive shield builds like Aegis or spectral throw...
Last edited by azraelb on Jan 13, 2014, 9:49:17 AM
Hi

Here at GGG we don't believe in ever answering back on any interesting or useable feedback:0

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info