Ground Slam

So Groundslam has a base atk speed of its own.
This atk speed is still increased by IAS but not effected by your weapons base atk speed.

Does the local IAS on a weapon count as increasing the base atk speed of the weapon(similar to damage and armor mods) or will it also boost the atk speed of groundslam?

ex: I have 1.1speed and 1.6speed weapons. Both have 20% IAS. Making them 1.3 and 1.8 blue text on the weapon.
I dont know what groundslams base speed is but lets say its 0.9. Will it be boosted to 1.1 or is the 20% part of the weapons atk speed and not global? while the IAS from gloves/passives effect groundslam.
Chaos Is Life, Life Is Chaos, Control Is An Illusion.
Thanks Maetaphor for my Beta Key :)
Last edited by Ledrif on Apr 15, 2012, 8:34:52 AM
"
Ledrif wrote:
Does the local IAS on a weapon count as increasing the base atk speed of the weapon(similar to damage and armor mods)
Yes.
"
Ledrif wrote:
or will it also boost the atk speed of groundslam?
Also yes.

Ground slam is effectively replacing the weapon's base attack duration (from it's base type) with it's own duration, then the local modifier will modify this base duration just like it would the base weapon duration, then IAS modifiers will all apply to that modified base speed.
My main problem with this skill is the visual effect. Every time you use this skill it always draws the same pattern of cracks/fissures on the ground, which makes it seem very artificial and cheap. Presentation-wise it would help a LOT having more than one pattern, and best would be a randomly generated crack/fissure instead a pre-rendered one.
Last edited by Khodar on Apr 17, 2012, 11:44:45 AM
Just to clarify, since I'm still a bit confused, does IAS from passive skills, other active skills and frenzy charges effect the attack speed of this skill?
Last edited by Teaboar on Apr 25, 2012, 11:04:56 AM
"
Teaboar wrote:
Just to clarify, since I'm still a bit confused, does IAS from passive skills, other active skills and frenzy charges effect the attack speed of this skill?
Passives and charges, yes.

Other active skills (unless I'm misunderstanding what you mean), no. An active skill's stats only affect that skill.
"
Khodar wrote:
My main problem with this skill is the visual effect. Every time you use this skill it always draws the same pattern of cracks/fissures on the ground, which makes it seem very artificial and cheap. Presentation-wise it would help a LOT having more than one pattern, and best would be a randomly generated crack/fissure instead a pre-rendered one.

I agree. It looks very cheap and even cheaper if you cast it over an edge of some sorts and it still can be seen in the air.
I personally think this skill is great! Animation is great, but I am finding, especially in Act 2 with the monkeys or in any underground cavern with the spiders, that when you are surrounded you really cannot get those buggers off you. I would love if the skill would at least attack the targets in front of you. It seems as it stands that you have to run away and use the skill to take out close enemies, or just normal physically attack them.

As a suggestion, I think it would be really amazing that it sends some kind of shock around the character as he is SLAMMING his hammer on the ground, the little shock wave around the character could deal like 50% of the total damage of the skill as AoE vibration kind of damage, to help out with getting surrounded. Just a suggestion. (or this could slowly implement as the gem levels, as getting surrounded at the higher levels is a pain!) ^O^'

I was also curious if you have Resolute Technique Passive, is the accuracy of the skill 100%? I know you mentioned its basically just replacing your weapon with its own stats, which would therefore tell me that Resolute Technique does apply to the accuracy of the skill, but I suppose clarification would be great.

Thanks for allowing me the opportunity to voice my opinion! :)
I feel like the hit detection on this skill is a bit off. It is not uncommon for mobs standing directly in front of me (either in my face or a yard away) to not get hit when I use this ability. Anyone else experience this?

Perhaps it's based on your current melee accuracy rating?
Brixtan [Default League]
-------------
Arda_EAC: LV 67 Summoner
Brixtan: LV 27 Templar
Last edited by Brixtan on May 13, 2012, 1:33:25 PM
"
Brixtan wrote:

Perhaps it's based on your current melee accuracy rating?

Er, obviously?
I don't think this skill is too shabby for a melee AoE. I just think this skill shouldn't miss...

With a character build I had to pick between Lightning Strike and Ground Slam. They both have a similar function, AoE/multi-hitting melee skill based attack, red gems but I came to a sticking point when it came to what hit the most things and what was most accurate. Ground Slam on it's own was better than Lightning Strike. Effectively pierced, hits mores things, shorter range, has a bit of startup but easier to aim. Lightning Strike became far better with Pierce and Lesser Multiple Projectiles support gems compared to Ground Slam, with much longer range, better attack arc, aiming much less of an issue but my projectiles could still miss which is fair as how I can swamp the screen with projectile (also keep in mind base mana cost is the same for both gems). I could also improve Ground Slam with passives and supports but not by the degree of Lightning Strike. What would have kept Ground Slam golden was that it could never miss. Knowing that isn't the case it has seriously lost its veneer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info