Explosive Arrow

The ability to kill yourself on reflect has nothing to do with leech not happening for "overkill". The leeching code literally has no way to determine how much life the enemy has, it couldn't prevent leeching for overkill if we wanted it to without being rewritten to record that info when the damage is dealt. You can and do leech based on how much damage you do to enemies, regardless of their life.

If Kripparian drew the conclusion that leech doesn't happen for "overkill" damage, then he was mistaken.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Jul 1, 2013, 2:45:50 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
If all three end up with a True, it simply does nothing
This is not true. The old version of EE, a long time ago, used to check each element separately, and needed to do nothing on all three.
It was changed quite some time ago to the current version, which is much more straightforward - each element present in the hit gets +25% resists, each element not present gets -50% resists. If all are present, then all get the +25% resistances.
The post you linked says this as well.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 2, 2013, 7:37:32 PM
"
kerze123 wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:

"
Hilbert wrote:
What happens if you stack different explosive arrows on a target.
Will only the effects from the first arrow trigger or all.

Let's say you fire 1 explosive Arrow with Icreased Critical Strike chance and Increased Critical strikes.
The other 4 arrows are linked to chance to ignite, elemental profilation and Increased AoE.

So does only the first effect trigger or do all effects trigger as if you had a 6 linked item?
The first arrow put him in the state of 'going to explode' and will be the one which causes the explosion. Any other fuses applied will just add to the fuse count and extend the duration.

So if i understand u right, than all 5 Arrow gets all the bonuses from each other ? even if they hit different targets ?
No, I said nothing of the sort. There is not, and cannot be, any interaction at all between arrows that hit different targets.
If multiple arrows from different skills hit the same target, then the first one to hit is the one that causes the explosion and the stats of that one are used. Any others that hit do nothing other than increase the number of arrows in the target (which determines the AoE and damage). Their stats are irrelevant.
All attack damage always gets the base crit chance from the weapon; they cannot use a basecrit chance from a gem. This is why most attack gems do not have a base crit chance. Explosive arrow also does non-attack damage hits for the explosion, so it provides a base crit chance on the gem for those.
"
Inarion1986 wrote:
Thank you for your response Mark.
So that means that the initial hit's crit chance and the explosion's crit chance are completely independent.
I wonder - is it then even possible to tell whether or not the explosion will deal critical damage? Up until now I was assuming that an initial critical hit with the first fuse would have the whole stack explode with critical damage. But in the light of your clarification that assumption can't be correct.

So I would now conclude that it is decided upon exploding whether or not the fuse stack does crit - which would make a crit EA build somewhat viable. (I checked the last 10 pages and there only was a question asking about the same thing - no answer.)
The values of critical strike chance for each are largely independent (both are affected by generic crit increases). The skill is still a single skill use and thus has a single crit roll applied to both those chances.
"
Reyrith wrote:
Even the fact that the damage is calculated on the last arrow that hits, regardless of who fired it?
That's not what happens. The first arrow applies the buff, and will deal the damage. Subsequent arrows add the orbs and reset the timer of that first arrow, which is the one that determines damage.
"
kuan999 wrote:
I got question about EA crit chance.
Gem itself state it hgot 6% crit but in offence stats it uses main hand crit chance(5% in my case).
How can i check EA crit chance ingame?
The arrow is an attack, and like any other attack, it uses your weapon's crit chance.
The explosion is secondary damage, not based on your weapon, so draws it's crit chance from the gem.
"
TheMipchunk wrote:
How does the Explosive Arrow explosion behave when you stack charges using different instances of the Explosive Arrow skill?

For example, suppose you have five different Explosive Arrow skill gems, each separately supported so that each has a different chance to ignite, crit chance, AoE modifiers, and duration. You apply one charge from each skill to a single enemy. When the explosion goes off, how does the crit and ignite roll? What area radius will it have?
The first arrow is the one that explodes. The others do nothing but add charges to it.
"
TheMipchunk wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
The first arrow is the one that explodes. The others do nothing but add charges to it.

Thanks for the prompt response. Does the same rule apply to the duration, or does the duration of the charge effect depend on which EA skill applied it?
The duration of the added charge comes from the skill adding the charge.
The first fuse defines the stack, and thus the explosion. The others just increase the number of fuses.

So whatever skill applied the first fuse, that skill's stats will be used for the explosion. The only thing other fuses affect is the number of fuses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info