Explosive Arrow

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Will the Crit Multiplier from Deaths Harp apply to the fuses, or, well, not?
Death's Harp has local critical strike multiplier, meaning it only applies to that weapon. The fuses' explosions are not weapon damage, so will not be affected
"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Also, will Point Blank affect it? I suppose it does not, it's no attack, but I'm not sure. What about Chin Sol?
Point Blank and Chin Sol both apply to projectile weapon damage, which the fuses' explosions are not (they're projectile, non-weapon damage).
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Question 1 : What happens when one attack was a crit when multiple charges are planted
The first arrow is the one that causes the explosion, the others just add to it. So if the first one was a crit, the explosion will be as well.
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Question B : When I use an "Added X Damage" Support, which portions of the attack inherit the damage?
All of them.
"
IlluminaBlade wrote:
Question Γ : Supposing I had elemental equilibrium and did lightning/cold damage when the arrow made contact, would the explosion deal bonus damage?
Yes, assuming it explodes within the 5 second duration of EE.
"
Hilbert wrote:
Does Concentrated Effect, affect explosion damage?
Yes. It's area damage.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Iron Grip only affects the projectile damage?
Yes. Note that both the arrow hit and the explosion are projectile damage.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Does a Chain hit reset the Fuse Timer?
No. Fuses work like charges - applying another one resets the time. Chaining does not stick the arrow into the target, so is not applying the explosive fuse (which is the arrow).

"
Hilbert wrote:
Are there ways to reduce the fuse timer duration?
Not currently.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Do add x% damage also apply to the initial hit and the explosion unless it says otherwise like Spell, Projectile and Melee damage?
Yes, with the exception of added damage on gear, which is always implicitly only for attacks.

"
Hilbert wrote:
What happens if you stack different explosive arrows on a target.
Will only the effects from the first arrow trigger or all.

Let's say you fire 1 explosive Arrow with Icreased Critical Strike chance and Increased Critical strikes.
The other 4 arrows are linked to chance to ignite, elemental profilation and Increased AoE.

So does only the first effect trigger or do all effects trigger as if you had a 6 linked item?
The first arrow put him in the state of 'going to explode' and will be the one which causes the explosion. Any other fuses applied will just add to the fuse count and extend the duration.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Dec 6, 2012, 10:31:29 PM
"
Boruko wrote:
If the word 'attack' indeed implies weapon-damage, then it is clear that Point Blank nor Iron Grip would affect the damage.
It does, with the exception of unarmed, which is an attack without a weapon.
"
Hilbert wrote:
The question was if those keystones apply to the fire damage because the increase is never shown.
Which it can't be because the base value to be increased is not defined in the skill. The skill shows how much base damage the explosion has for each charge, it can't show the total with the increases because that number of charges is an unknown quanitity.
"
Hilbert wrote:
"x% more Projectile Damage"
This does apply to the explosion. The explosion is non-spell, non-weapon projectile fire damage.
"
Evarsor wrote:
"
Dogorox wrote:
Can someone tell me if the damage from the timed charges reflects? I was wondering if it was similar to Trap damage, which does not.

The explosion damage isn't dealt by the player
Yes it is.
Elemental reflection will apply to damage from explosive arrow's explosion
The final damage of the explosion cannot be shown on EA because it isn't known until it happens, because the charges add to the base damage the skill can't say how many charges you'll put in one thing.
What it does show is the base damage per charge, which is labelled as such. All relevant increases (including to area damage) will apply to that base value when it's calculated.
"
Mokak wrote:
Is it possible to at least have the damage each individual arrow does after passives and gear show on the tool-tip. I know I can find out if I do a bunch of math but it seems like it would be easy to implement.
The damage the arrows do is shown.

The damage of an explosion cannot be, because that damage isn't just an amount per arrow, it's an amount of total damage for the explosion, which is partially dependant on how many fuses are in the monster at the time it explodes - which can't possibly be known on a skill tooltip.
"
deathchild wrote:
Is the explosion from fuses considered a separate 'hit', additional to that of an arrow? Will it proc EE in an area based on its fire damage, i.e +25 fire, -50 rest?
yes
"
Avelice wrote:
Note however that you can only leech off the HP a monster actually has
This is not and never has been the case - leech is a function of damage dealt, it is not limited or dependant on the actual amount of life present in the target in any way.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info