Explosive Arrow

"
sYkoDe4d wrote:
i really like the new Explosiv Arrow.
It´s awesome how they stick into walls.

The first idea i had after i saw this was Explosiv Arrow + Frost Wall = awesome.

But it looks like that explosiv Arrow does not stick into Frost Wall. It sticks for 0,1-0,2sec and than only disappear.

It would be awesome if we could use the Frost Wall + Explosiv Arrow combination.

This would look and play so cool :D
This sounds awesome, so we're going to look into making a more interesting interaction between these skills if possible in future. No promises, though.
"
thronde wrote:
The bug is that if firetrap's explosion kills a mob, it doesn't consider your MF gear bonuses into it's equation
That is not the case. I am not aware of any such bug being reported, and I have tested now and can confirm that both fire trap's explosion and the ground fire both award you the kill correctly, thus causing your iiq/iir stats to apply.
The same is true for explosive arrow.
"
zriL wrote:
I heard lmp/gmp malus damage not affecting explosion damage of EA might be not intended and will be fixed. Is this true ?

I thought it was a cool feature...
That's changing yes. Previously we couldn't do this (well, we could, but I personally wouldn't want to, because it wouldn't make sense) because the damage was dealt separately from the arrow, so it didn't make any sense for it to be considered projectile damage.

Now we (finally) have the actual art for this skill in and it functions as intended - the arrow itself, which is a projectile, explodes and deals damage. That means that the damage can (and arguably should) be considered projectile damage, just as when a fireball explodes it deals projectile damage. Carl also needed this for balance reasons, so since we now could quite reasonably consider it projectile damage, it is.
"
zriL wrote:
additional question : will it be considered as weapon damage ?
The arrow hitting has always been weapon damage. The explosion is not weapon damage (for it to be that, it would need to be dealing the damage of your weapon).
"
Zentradi wrote:
I need a clarification tho : now that EA explosions is projectile dmg, we can put points into passives nodes that give some and the dmg of the explosion will get buffed right ?
Yes. The change made was that projectile damage modifiers now affect the explosion of the arrow, so now they do.
"
kadrek91 wrote:
I mean, why did you nerf the use of multiple projectiles with EA if EA itself does not scale with projectiles perks/passives?
"
kadrek91 wrote:
At least make it scale with projectiles passives, since the nerf was on multiple projectile use..
It does. The change made was not "make multiple projectiles' penalty affect it" it was "make the explosion damage considered projectile damage and affected by all modifiers to such".
"
Dum wrote:
I would assume that each chain should be a separate arrow/explosion
No, chaining is like piercing. It's one arrow chaining through enemies, and then exploding in the final one when it stops.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Nov 15, 2012, 7:05:18 PM
"
buralien wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Dum wrote:
I would assume that each chain should be a separate arrow/explosion
No, chaining is like piercing. It's one arrow chaining through enemies, and then exploding in the final one when it stops.

Out of pure curiosity, how do you know when the Piercing arrow hit the "final" target? What happens if it pierces the first one and then doesn't hit anything else?
Then it (probably) hits some terrain behind that guy somewhere, and then explodes in that. There's no requirement that there be a final target.
Wherever the arrow ends up sticking, it will explode. If it doesn't stick into anything, it won't explode.

If you fire it out into a big open space it won't stick into anything and there'll thus be no explosion.
"
ptt_frmr wrote:
Is it a bug/todo that the hover text "Explosion deals X-Y base fire damage per fuse charge" is not in any way changed by Projectile Damage modifiers (e.g. adding a LMP support gem doesn't change the value)?
No. That specifically says that's the base damage. The damage dealt is affected by all relevant modifiers.
"
Falcord wrote:
Will using Quill Rain halve the damage of the explosion?
No, because the explosion is not weapon damage. See this thread for details.

"
ptt_frmr wrote:
Ok, thanks for the reply. I think the text is a little confusing because all (?) other skills display their actual damage on the skill hover text
No. Every skill that adds base damage based on something calculated at the time of that damage (such as number of fuse charges) displays how much base damage is added. The full damage cannot be calculated because the base is unknown.
Assuming we don't end up with modifiers that would affect it differently, we may eventually be able to display an estimate of how much the final damage will change for each charge, but what the charges are fundamentally doing is adding base damage.

"
ptt_frmr wrote:
Another question: does the Fire Penetration support gem work with the explosion? I have done some testing with fire resistant mobs, but it is really difficult to tell for sure.
Yes.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
"The AoE Radius is propotional to the number of arrows upon death"
is it only when the target dies that the radius is increased or will the radius increase even if the fuses run out of time and explodes?
It's referring to the additional base radius per fuse charge that the skill gives. This applys to each explosion, not only when the target dies, I'l edit the description.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
Can you share any info about what the Base Radius before any fuses are? :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info