Discharge

I don't see why discharge should be nerfed, there are many other skills which can attain the same DPS or higher.

explosive arrow, dual totem spork, blender/ele-cleave builds

discharge is just noticable because its a 1 hit big explosion, not multiple fast hits. That's not a reason to nerf it.

and as someone earlier mentioned, I too have noticed that mobs will "dodge" the explosion. every mob around will die, and there will be just 1 or 2 left that didn't take any damage whatsoever; even if they are standing right next to me.
IGN: OldManBalls (Warbands)
this is not dodge, just mob desynch...
IGN TylordRampage
I am honest, I wont read all this here. but I have noticed some really bad stuff with discharge. I love this skill, I made my own build for it and shit and I love it so far. but sometimes I stand in a crowd of mobs, have my charges all up, explode, the animation is following but no dmg to no mobs around me done and I still have my charges up. but the mana got consumed. this is why I keep dying and this is the biggest mood killer ever. plx fix this. It's horrible.
IGN: Twigscorcher - (Warbands)
Last edited by Twigfish on Jul 8, 2013, 10:21:09 AM
Same thing, desynch
IGN TylordRampage
"
Twigfish wrote:
I am honest, I wont read all this here. but I have noticed some really bad stuff with discharge. I love this skill, I made my own build for it and shit and I love it so far. but sometimes I stand in a crowd of mobs, have my charges all up, explode, the animation is following but no dmg to no mobs around me done and I still have my charges up. but the mana got consumed. this is why I keep dying and this is the biggest mood killer ever. plx fix this. It's horrible.

You got stunned while casting. Increase Castspeed or get stunimmunity.
Amazing skill, worst name ever ^^
i love the way this skill works, the balance of drawbacks and benefits is just perfect and wish there were more skills, where u could accumulate power and unleash it in one devastating blow, since i don't really like all these 5 attacks per second builds ;).

the high damage of discharge is ok for this skill, since

- you got to get close to enemies (as a caster)
- you lose some time gaining charges
- you will oneshot yourself on reflect mobs
- you lose the bonuses your charges grant
- the + to charge passives are spread all over the passive tree, so u need to take long "empty" ways to get there
- you can't stack elemental effects (fire works fine, but cold and lightning don't really interact well with discharge)

but most important: it's just really fun and stylish to use this skill as an attack

hope u guys won't nerf it^^.
(hate this D3 feeling, where you always have to be afraid of getting ur build nerfed to oblivion XD )

greetings

Deus
Last edited by deusapollo on Aug 15, 2013, 9:31:06 PM
I am building a discharger, atm(lvl52).

The damage is very high, but the survivability is pretty low. The movement required to get across the passive tree means you cannot get as much ES/HP as other caster builds. You also have to put yourself in harms way to use the skill effectively.

I love the way the skill FEELS, too. You kinda poke around with ice spear and kite, and then warp into the middle of a pack and blow them up. Its really fun. Please don't nerf it!

Thanks

P.s. - if you guys feel like the skill is out of control, perhaps do something similar to a "point blank" type effect. Make the most damage happen directly next to the caster, and the damage decreases as it goes out. This will keep people from 1-shotting the whole screen, and it will force them to play in a risky manner if they want the maximum effect.

P.P.s. - This skill is already horribly low on single target damage for bosses due to the way dischargers stack their charges. So I honestly don't think it needs any nerf. Its just a great AoE skill.
Another point to be made is that this skill isn't going to greatly affect ladders or (especially) shorter races. The gear/passives that are required for this build make it a huge end-game investment...

You aren't going to see anyone running around in a 1hr, 3day, or 1-2 week race that is just 1-shotting screens-full of monsters with discharge. That is not going to happen. It is a fun long-term-investment build. The gear is fairly rare (to get a proper setup) and the passives take AT LEAST 60+ levels worth of investment to really work properly.

I have a level 73 discharger that is just beginning to work for true end-game material, and she is still missing a lot of damage/survivability nodes because she has had to walk all the way across the passive tree in 3 different directions (CI+vaals+unwavering+charges)....

I feel that there are many panties in a wad that really should not be in that state....

Discharge can die instantly to reflect, and it is not that tanky in the first place. You want to complain about something? Complain about the 5APS melee people that are basically invincible with a LL or LGoH gem and a few life regen nodes....
Last edited by Phaesrole on Sep 1, 2013, 3:31:20 AM
As many other here, I feel that discharges damage is balanced by the risk/reward factor it carries - ie getting close to mobs and downtime inbetween casts to gain charges.

Another disadvantage is also that it is very prone to stun/interrupt due to its high cast time.

Not to mention the desync anomaly with some mobs standing right next to you and surviving your discharge, this is especially innervating when the mob happens to be a powerful rare.
Last edited by banderlog on Sep 2, 2013, 11:35:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info