Cleave

what happend to cleave?

Now i deal half of my damage. the damage with one weapon is higher than with two weapons. lol

is the tooltip wrong?
insane in the membrane
Last edited by Dudldude on Nov 30, 2013, 11:24:31 PM
tool tip messed up for dw skills and double strike as of patch 1.0.2
why would anyone use cleave? Cleave + dmg support gem is still less dmg than singeltarget skill (double/dual strike) + melee splash.

Am I doing it wrong?

IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY
Targeting with Cleave is much easier than with Dual/Double Strike.
Cleave already is an AoE attack. You'll need that extra socket when using Melee Splash.
Plus, the radius of Cleave is bigger than that of Splash.
Sorry Exile, but your loot is in another dungeon!
IGN: Delirii
Well... Cleave is nerfed to death...

Maybe GGG buff it up if we remind them, that there is a badass Microtransaction for Cleave, but noone will buy it for a dead Skill.

Pls GGG...
I think this skill needs a BUFF UP... This skill became worthless in any aspect... Whats the point of making it a aoe when any other melee skills augmented w/ melee splash beat this.

This is one of the best skill i've encountered so far. This skill works fine even you desync cause you dont need a specific target to blow up... it is just so Underpowered.

Well maybe the devs are afraid of cleave+conc.effect combo if they buff this up...but for me, i think aoe skills must beat any one on one skills in terms of 'aoe' or else the skill will be worthless.

Adding conc.effect on cleave for now is still 'shit' compared to reave w/ conc.effect. To mention that you get better suvivability on reave(ofc w/ shield) than specializing on cleave dual wield/two-handed.

Conclusion:
Getting Cleave Skill is not worth the risk... Less desync but youll have a hard time killing mobs. The less time you kill a mob, the higher your survivability. 'This skill is shitty now' unlike its microstransaction effect that has 'Pure Awesome Animation'.
Last edited by Betabotz on Dec 11, 2013, 9:13:21 PM
well i had a duelist with cleave. i tried dual strike with splash i have 12000 dps and with cleave 7300. why would i use cleave really? although targeting maybe a little bit easier it does almost double DPS. lol. there are not skills for dual yield expept dual strike and now cleave is dead too. plz do something about it
This has to be buffed back up for dual wielders in some way. it was nerfed way too much. I stopped playing my blender build completely when cleave was nerfed because using dual strike with melee spash just didn't provide that same excitement that cleave did. I was so bummed when cleave was nerfed that I have tried at least 5 other builds (spell builds and melee builds) trying to find an equal amount of joy that a blender cleaver provided. I have yet to find a worthy skill that provided at least half as much fun as cleave did. Yes, cleave did need to be nerfed a little, but not to the point that it was. Just to give an example, I will compare my dps with some different skills.

I tested these skills with no support gems other than what the Bringer of Rain provides. with the exception of dual strike with melee splash

lvl 19/14 quality Cleave dps - 7,758

lvl 19 dual strike/no quality/ with melee splash dps - 16,098

lvl 17 reave/ no quality dps - 8,882

Didn't test double strike w/ melee splash because I personally don't like it. pm me if you would like me to test it.
An equal level dual strike with melee splash does twice the amount that cleave does, and cleave even has a little extra attack speed from the 14% quality. A lower leveled, no quality reave even does more damage than a higher leveled quality cleave. The numbers do not lie, cleave officially sucks.

I'm not saying that it need to be buffed to what it was before, but at least make it a viable option. Right now there is really no choice for dual wield blenders, it's either cyclone (which I don't like) or dual strike with melee splash. I mean, yeah, you can use double strike or reave, but lets face it, they are even more boring than dual strike, not to mention that they're worse. So please, GGG, at least buff cleave so that it is equal with reave while dual wielding. If not, then I would appreciate an explanation as to why.

I am very passionate about this because I love this game. This is the only change you guys have made to this game that I do not understand or agree with. Please, buff it. Thanks for reading this, and thank you for the awesome game.
Ign: Killer_Blender
Last edited by BadassassausRex on Dec 14, 2013, 2:30:28 PM
Cleave has a radius of 20, melee splash has a radius of 12. Cleave does its aoe unsupported so that could free up a link. With how large the aoe is compared to melee splash, might be better to use cleave for large packs and have a strong single target/small group option.

It's got a few things going for it over reave and melee splash supported skills (charge up time for reave, inability to use other skills or lose stacks of reave, mana cost, etc). I haven't used it much myself though.
well i tryed "cleave-melee phys-faster attack-multistrike-conc effect" and get like 7.5k dps.

With "double strike-faster attack-multistrike-melee splash-melee phys" i get 8,6k dps.

So even if you take a gem that reduces the AOE for more dmg , cleave still is nowhere near doublestrike melee splash dps.

IGN: COCBOYbEaUtY

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info