Cleave

"
I'd like to be able to use this skill with a dagger or claw in the offhand... last time I've tried it it didn't work.

Other skills work when only the main-hand weapon is compatible with the skill, so the same could happen here: if both weapons are compatible you hit with both; if only thei main-hand weapon is compatible, you only hit with that.

It makes no sense to be able to use cleave with a shield in the off-hand but not with a dagger. I'm also pretty sure that it works with nothing in the off-hand...

i'd like that too, cleave being the only stationary aoe skill i can use for a sword crit duelist i was planning to do, i wouldve carried the dagger for the extra crit chance and i dont really like how i looked walkin around with two thrusting swords...
I have a question about using Cleave as a main skill. Is accuracy important or doesn't it matter ??

Sorry if it's a noob question but I have been away from PoE for almost 1 year.

thank.
It's an Attack. You swing your weapon and try to hit stuff. I'd say accuracy factors in pretty significantly ;)

Since you've been gone for a year or so, I should note that it's now easier to maintain a high hit chance without ResTech. Good stuff.
To clarify: All Attacks roll chance to hit. So you can miss with Cleave and any other Attack skill.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Hi i dont know if this has been asked but is a good idea to use cleave with a 2h weapon or is double strike+meele splash better?
Mark, do you guys plan to make cleave with 2handed weapons have a longer range than with 1handed?
And are the default weapon ranges still 4 for 1handed and 5 for 2handed?
Immortal King WW Marauder build:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/348782/page/1
ign: Peresvet
Cleave being the only good melee skill is working as intended?
Want to Fix the Economy, Bad Loot, Trade and Legacy PvP? pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/548056
Open Letter to Qarl on Crafting Value pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/805434
Biggest Problem with Mapping: Inconsistent Risk to Reward pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/612507
The patch notes for 1.0.0 indicate, that Elemental Cleave has been nerfed big time (in addition to this, the WED support gem has been nerfed):

from the todays' patch notes:
"Cleave: The dual wielding penalty for Cleave is now multiplicative and includes elemental damage."

I am however unsure, if I understand the word "multiplicative" correctly: does this mean the damage when dual wielding will be Damage * (additive multipliers) * 0,7 (damage effectiveness of Cleave) * 0,4 (dual wield penalty)?

I can understand, that elemental dual wield cleave was considered being very powerful, but now it seems to be quite unfeasible compared to physical cleave (which already became quite powerful after recent patches).
It was of course kind of broken, that elemental cleave was one of the most dominant builds during racing situations, but on the other hand, it seemed to be one of the only not so gear dependent melee builds (making it a good build for the more casual, solo player - but that's maybe not a target audience, GGG is aiming for). And not being able to use many Auras already implied some kind of nerf to elemental cleave (use of Wrath and Anger for DPS).

"
galneryus02 wrote:
Hi i dont know if this has been asked but is a good idea to use cleave with a 2h weapon or is double strike+meele splash better?
.7 * .4 = 0.28 does sound a bit "ouch" worthy but i rather stick to physical boosts for dw cleave anyways.

my elemental damage would come from added fire support and hatred aura (which is getting buffed). a mostly maxed hatred on next patch should be about 40% i'm guessing. which means out of dealing physical damage, i'd then deal 175% total damage (lv 16 added fire + either maybe same level or lv 20 hatred) at a cost of 1.3 multiplier to mana and about 60% of mana bar. guess i should add the new cleave's penalty in at this point: 1.75 * 0.28 = .49 that sounds about right for an AoE before passives kick in.

lets go the next step then, i could add the nerfed weapon elemental support. its new stats are either 48 to 63 (lv 1 to 20) or 40 to 59... if it is the later, i'd then use a +1 gems mod with the added fire support (because of my ocd with even/clean numbers). 0.8 * 1.6 = 1.28 or a 228% total damage change at this point if i was just physical and the previous paragraph (without factoring cleave yet). using cleave would put me at: 2.28 * .28 = 0.6384 for a 2.21 mana cost multiplier to the base cost. not good and a very bad idea at that point :D thats less than half the mana cost multiplier in damage to cost ratio.

if there were weapons of just physical and lightning (and nothing else due first paragraph's cheap boosts), THEN the weapon elemental support or just cleave in general would be attractive to players trying to boost themselves a lot without thinking too hard.
Why was Cleave hit so hard by the nerf hammer? I used to do ~21k DPS with my dual weild duelist, after the patch i do ~12k with same damage auras and almost the same passive skills. Was an almost 50% reduced in cleave damage really necessary?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info